Most Popular Iron

For some reason, I wanna say the Callaway Big Bertha's. I don't know if I read this or if I just dreamed it up.

Probably the latter. Lol!!!

I've never owned a set of Mizunos but they sure seem to be the most popular brand I see on the course or range. I don't pay much attention to specific model or year though, it's just the most common brand I see. I'm interested to learn the actual sales leader.

For some reason, I wanna say the Callaway Big Bertha's. I don't know if I read this or if I just dreamed it up.

Probably the latter. Lol!!!

This was my guess.

Among golf gear heads like us: Apex ‘19
Overall: I’ll guess Callaway Rogue

I don’t know how to identify it specifically without doing a bunch of research, but it has to be some no name, boxed-type model sold at big box stores, including places like Dick’s, Walmart, etc.

I would say Mizuno. Never owned a set, actually played a few rounds with a set of JPX 900 and really liked the feel.

Probably a club sold at Wal-Mart/DSG, so I'll guess Top Flite XL.

I'd guess a Callaway model, maybe the Rogue?

Purely a random guess: Callaway Big Berthas.

I want to say Callaway Rogue but after reading the comments from several of the granddaddy folks (where I assume this was discussed), I really have no idea. If I read their comments correctly, the answer will be surprising.

Okay for those following along, Callaway Rogue is the most popular iron right now. In fact so popular in off course market share, that it is nearly 25% higher than the next closest iron.

Wow...I have never seen one at my course. I was going to guess the M6 or the Apex so wouldn't have been close.

Apex CF 19 is my guess, and I think the P790 is probably not super far behind.

Okay for those following along, Callaway Rogue is the most popular iron right now. In fact so popular in off course market share, that it is nearly 25% higher than the next closest iron.

Obviously I didn't see this before I guessed, is that the standard rogue model or does it also include the Rogue X and rogue pro? I loved the look of the rogue pro....

Obviously I didn't see this before I guessed, is that the standard rogue model or does it also include the Rogue X and rogue pro? I loved the look of the rogue pro....

Rogue Pros are not included.
And as a stand alone, Rogues (without Rogue X) would still be number 1 off course by a pretty big number.

Rogue Pros are not included.
And as a stand alone, Rogues (without Rogue X) would still be number 1 off course by a pretty big number.

That is amazing to me, but at the same time makes sense. Several hundred dollars less than the Apex and performance has to be not that far off from other lines.

Wow kind of surprising based on the awesome reviews for the cf19 line, but I guess the rogues are for a larger number of players?

I updated my irons to CPO Rogues about 2 months ago and they have helped my game. I know they will be in play for atleast another 6-9 months for me as I improve and then I will move up to another better model. (y)

Also, something that I just noticed at CPO is that there are only 1 set available to purchase currently. Appears the recent discounts really cleaned them out. :LOL:

The reason I guessed Rogue and/or M4 is that they are very much a meat and potatoes kind of iron. Plus they have been out now for a while and the price reduction makes them incredibly appealing(not that they weren't before). M2(version 1) irons were similar in that fact IIRC. Good solid iron that fit a wide range of golfers, hang around for a bit, hit a good price point, and just happen to jump off the shelves.

The reason I guessed Rogue and/or M4 is that they are very much a meat and potatoes kind of iron. Plus they have been out now for a while and the price reduction makes them incredibly appealing(not that they weren't before). M2(version 1) irons were similar in that fact IIRC. Good solid iron that fit a wide range of golfers, hang around for a bit, hit a good price point, and just happen to jump off the shelves.

Interesting note on that, M6 is the biggest seller in their line off course, and M4 had a pretty big drop off this year (not surprising).
Outside of P790, I can't think of the last time, a TaylorMade iron had serious internet buzz, yet I know its there based on sales.

That doesn't actually shock me. That was going to be included in my guess but I kept it at one just to play along. Definitely understand how the slightly cheaper and more forgiving option would outsell many.

the 25% higher than the next closest does though. that's nuts.

Interesting note on that, M6 is the biggest seller in their line off course, and M4 had a pretty big drop off this year (not surprising).
Outside of P790, I can't think of the last time, a TaylorMade iron had serious internet buzz, yet I know its there based on sales.

take away P790 and you are right. Remember the PSi irons? Those things were one of the biggest dead on arrival offerings I can remember. Hell even M2(Version1) didn't generate a lot of conversation and buzz, but sold well. Speedblade and before the Burner 2.0 are the two iron releases from them that I thought really had that easy to find conversation whereas those that have followed, RBZ, SLDR, RSi, PSi, M1/4/5/6 just failed to capture.

take away P790 and you are right. Remember the PSi irons? Those things were one of the biggest dead on arrival offerings I can remember. Hell even M2(Version1) didn't generate a lot of conversation and buzz, but sold well. Speedblade and before the Burner 2.0 are the two iron releases from them that I thought really had that easy to find conversation whereas those that have followed, RBZ, SLDR, RSi, PSi, M1/4/5/6 just failed to capture.

Holy cow I totally forget that PSi and RSi were a thing. I think they won a Hackie.

Holy cow I totally forget that PSi and RSi were a thing. I think they won a Hackie.

they may have. Of course we may have even forgot to mention them because nobody would know what we were talking about haha

Back