Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

How easy is it to clean? Assuming you cannot hose down due to electronics.

I just wipe it down with a wet cloth. I don't use mine if it's very muddy, I use my other electric cart in the winter.

Damp cloth would likely take care of it pretty easily, I would think. I know that’ll be an easier question to answer in about a month once rainy season and CPO likelihood is higher

I got the M7 out of the box and setup. Remote charged quickly; cart battery is still charging in the garage. I'd go into my likes/dislikes during setup right now but I'm currently uploading a bunch of photos to go along with the text. I can't wait to get it out and give it a spin.

Correct. As mentioned above the manual says to wipe it down with a damp cloth. I did chuckle that the manual specifically mentions to never use a pressure washer to clean it (seems overkill to me anyways). The manual also mentions to avoid using high pressure air hoses near moving components.

I got the M7 out of the box and setup. Remote charged quickly; cart battery is still charging in the garage. I'd go into my likes/dislikes during setup right now but I'm currently uploading a bunch of photos to go along with the text. I can't wait to get it out and give it a spin.

Correct. As mentioned above the manual says to wipe it down with a damp cloth. I did chuckle that the manual specifically mentions to never use a pressure washer to clean it (seems overkill to me anyways). The manual also mentions to avoid using high pressure air hoses near moving components.
Yeah, the wiping down with a damp cloth does not really cut it when the frame and wheels get splashed with mud. I have the MGI, not the Moto, but keeping the wheels and cart clean is a challenge. I have been using Simple Green with some success. I occasionally remove the front and back wheels and hose them off before wiping by hand. To maintain the “luster” on the frame I have used Meguiars Black and various plastic restore products.

This thread needs more photos...

After removing a thick piece of protecting cardboard opening the box greets you with this. The box on the right is the battery and charger.

motocaddy packaged.JPG

Out of the box the tubes have plastic on them and the rear wheel axles have protectors on them.

caddy unboxed.JPG

When I took it out of the box I thought it was scratched on both sides (near the bottom where the battery sits) but whatever it was wiped away, so no worries. (photo 1 shows the dirt, photo 2 after I wiped the dirt off)

dirt.JPGclean.JPG

Here are the rest of the items in the box (minus the box with battery stuff and the wheels). Manual/registration cards, wheelie bar, remote/usb cord, and strap for the bottom of the bag. Note the allen wrench in with the manual.

box contents.JPG

Putting the wheels on was easier than I thought. I want to do a short video in the near future showing the options for wheel positions as it's quite slick to move from powered to non-powered pushcart (for when you run out of battery), and inverting them is nice as well. The wheels look quite sturdy. One long-term test thing I'll pay attention to is durability of the wheel compound, especially if the cart sees a lot of time on pavement...whether it be the cement of sidewalks or blacktop of parking lots. The wheelie bar attaches/comes off with ease. The metal bar locks into place when attached. I have no worries at all of that thing breaking.

Even though I had read the manual a few times before this even arrived I read it again with the m7 in front of me. Motocaddy's own bags use a system called EasiLock to hold the bottom of the bag on the cart. I don't have one of those bags so I had to attach the cord to the bottom bag support, which was quick and easy.

Going through this thing with manual in hand I feel I got a decent overview of it. Still, I'm left baffled with one part right under the top bag support. There are small gray buttons (one on each side); pressing them allows the top bag support hoop to drop down a little bit, but nothing locks into place at all. I'm not sure if it's simply to change the angle of the top bag support or what. I couldn't find any mention of it in the manual. Perhaps it will be more clear to me when I try a few bags tomorrow.

no idea 3.JPGno idea 4.JPG

The only other baffling thing to me so far is that allen wrench that was in the bag with the manual. I can't figure out what it's for at all. I have yet to try fine tuning the front wheels, so maybe it's something for that. I thought it was for the accessory kit, but it wasn't (accessory kit is coming up next).

Motocaddy sent us 2 boxes of excitement rather than just one. The 2nd box being their Essential Accessory Pack (device, drink, umbrella, and scorecard holders). All of these accessories attach to the M7 with the Accessory Station. Even though photos of the M7 on the Motocaddy website do not show the Station on the M7 I can say that the M7 did come with the Station already installed. Hooray! Note the piece sticking up in the middle of the 2nd photo. That's where the device holder attaches. There is a small lock on the right hand side...push that and then remove the placeholder piece. To mount the device holder slide it in until it clicks into place.

accessory holder.JPGaccessory holder 2.JPG

The umbrella ella ella eh eh eh (sorry, quick throwback Thursday to Rihanna since it's after midnight) holder and scorecard holder come with large bolts. Here's a peek inside the box.

accessory pack boxed.JPG

Oddly enough only the scorecard holder and device cradle came with instructions (also seen in photo above).

accessory instructions.JPG

To mount the scorecard holder and umbrella holder unscrew the gray protectors on the Accessory Station (see first two photos). Then screw in the bolts. The notches in the plastic allow you to tilt the umbrella and scorecard holders at whatever angle you want them. The drink holder mounts to the side of the umbrella holder on the little piece that sticks out.

holder slide 2.JPG

All four together now.

top shot.JPGtop shot 2.JPG

I decided I didn't want the umbrella holder on there, so I unscrewed it and put the gray protector back on, which the drink holder mounts to in the same way.

no umbrella.JPG

Biggest bummer (only bummer really) for me was the scorecard holder. Seeing it on the Motocaddy website I thought it would be a box to store stuff in along with keeping your scorecard. Instead, it really is focused on keeping the scorecard safe as under the lid is a flat surface to write on and space for a small pencil with no additional storage space. There are holes on the bottom (like under the holder) for two balls. (EDIT: see post 186 here for updated thoughts on the the scorecard holder. Spoiler: I missed a big feature of it)

top of scorecard holder.JPGbottom of scorecard holder.JPG

I like how adjustable the device holder is. I'm hoping it doesn't get in the way of getting clubs out of the bag. There isn't much to the drink holder but it should work fine. OK, next up the battery.

Last edited:
I feel the battery and the remote are two of the biggest selling points of the M7. This is a 28.8v lithium battery that Motocaddy claims can do 36 holes under normal conditions (although recharging in between rounds is suggested). Battery and charger is packed nicely with the M7.

battery in box.JPG

Here's everything in the box. Battery alone weighs 2.2kg (Google says that's 4.85 lbs.)

battery contents.JPG

The battery connects to the charger the same way it connects to the M7...match up gray with gray and black with black.

battery connectors.JPG

The battery took quite awhile to charge, which is normal the first couple times. The manual suggested it could take 5 hours and it took all 5 hours (actually finally finished charging while I was writing these posts). While charging the light is red; when fully charged the light is green. I'll be honest, I was worried the battery wasn't charging properly. Not only was it taking longer than I thought it would but the battery wasn't warm at all. With my weed wacker/trimmer or my electric drill the batteries get warm while connected to the charger; the Motocaddy battery did not though (which is a good thing if you want to charge it while leaving it in the cart). Nevertheless the light did finally turn green, so I should be set for a test drive tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

The remote did charge up quickly (another reason I thought something wasn't working correctly with the cart battery). I used the wall plug for my iPhone and I was surprised how quickly it charged up. Very simple to charge it...lift up the rubber flap, plug in cord and done. Remote flashes green while charging and stays solid green when charging is complete.

remote usb.JPGapple charger.JPG

I really hope it doesn't rain tomorrow (supposed to be storms all day)...

I feel the battery and the remote are two of the biggest selling points of the M7. This is a 28.8v lithium battery that Motocaddy claims can do 36 holes under normal conditions (although recharging in between rounds is suggested). Battery and charger is packed nicely with the M7.

View attachment 9009697

Here's everything in the box. Battery alone weighs 2.2kg (Google says that's 4.85 lbs.)

View attachment 9009698

The battery connects to the charger the same way it connects to the M7...match up gray with gray and black with black.

View attachment 9009700

The battery took quite awhile to charge, which is normal the first couple times. The manual suggested it could take 5 hours and it took all 5 hours (actually finally finished charging while I was writing these posts). While charging the light is red; when fully charged the light is green. I'll be honest, I was worried the battery wasn't charging properly. Not only was it taking longer than I thought it would but the battery wasn't warm at all. With my weed wacker/trimmer or my electric drill the batteries get warm while connected to the charger; the Motocaddy battery did not though (which is a good thing if you want to charge it while leaving it in the cart). Nevertheless the light did finally turn green, so I should be set for a test drive tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

The remote did charge up quickly (another reason I thought something wasn't working correctly with the cart battery). I used the wall plug for my iPhone and I was surprised how quickly it charged up. Very simple to charge it...lift up the rubber flap, plug in cord and done. Remote flashes green while charging and stays solid green when charging is complete.

View attachment 9009701View attachment 9009702

The small grey buttons are like you said to lower the bag support, I have to do it if I use my carry bag on it, if I lower it then it allows me to fit the bag on normally as some carts you have to sit a carry bag on sideways as the bracket for the legs does not sit right on the top bag support. If you lower the support the bag sits better on the cart

The small grey buttons are like you said to lower the bag support, I have to do it if I use my carry bag on it, if I lower it then it allows me to fit the bag on normally as some carts you have to sit a carry bag on sideways as the bracket for the legs does not sit right on the top bag support. If you lower the support the bag sits better on the cart
Awesome! Thanks. I’m looking forward to trying a few different bags out so I will keep that adjustment option in mind with each of them.

As a longtime remote cart user, you fellas are going to have a golf life changing experience once you get your new carts on the course. There is nothing better IMO than walking a course just like the pros do. Honestly the only challenge with remote is hills especially side hill (avoid steep) and navigating tight spaces ( cart paths/bridges) due to sensitivity of remote/turning but you quickly adjust with short bursts/pushes on the remote.

Have fun with these fellas, one word of advice, if you are helping someone look for a ball or your own and you put your remote in your back pocket while you look, turn off the remote. Sometimes a slight bump could restart the cart and after coming out of the woods after looking for your ball, it is a terrible feeling when your cart is nowhere in site. Secondly, never face it towards water when parking/taking a shot/looking for ball, etc. Note- both based on personal experience 😡.

Sadly, my 7 year old remote cart appears to be heading to the bone yard. Have an electrical issue that cost at this year in its life is not worth the investment. After 700+ rounds I have got my original investment returned easily. Now I’m going back to my original Clicgear but will start saving my pennies and probably buy a new one for a retirement gift in 3+ years.

Really good write up @rumstove good pictures too.

@rumstove that is some good stuff right there.

As a longtime remote cart user, you fellas are going to have a golf life changing experience once you get your new carts on the course.

I've heard this a few times now and I'm really looking forward to that type of experience.

View attachment 9009697

View attachment 9009698

View attachment 9009700

View attachment 9009701View attachment 9009702

Great start to your review! I want one of these so bad!

Have you guys noticed anything in the reading material about how much/long you should charge before heading out for a round?

Have you guys noticed anything in the reading material about how much/long you should charge before heading out for a round?

The literature says you really should charge it before every round, just so it doesn’t die on you. I just plugged mine in before bed and unplugged it in the morning

The literature says you really should charge it before every round, just so it doesn’t die on you. I just plugged mine in before bed and unplugged it in the morning

so you are saying when mine gets delivered today, I shouldn't use it for league night?

so you are saying when mine gets delivered today, I shouldn't use it for league night?

that’s a tough call. I’m sure it comes with a little bit of charge in it, that may be up to you how aggressively you want to dive into testing the battery life

I never thought I needed one of these until this thread started, and now its all I can think about.

I never thought I needed one of these until this thread started, and now its all I can think about.

If you buy one for a client as an appreciation gift, and he just happens to give it to you in a back alley transaction...

If you buy one for a client as an appreciation gift, and he just happens to give it to you in a back alley transaction...
Ill see if I can make it fly on my expense report. Perhaps I can call it a personal wellness and health device?

Ill see if I can make it fly on my expense report. Perhaps I can call it a personal wellness and health device?

I think you had better luck with the client appreciation gift, but sure, you could call a personal health and wellness device

Throw it on a charge and do it!!!!!!!!!!! Guess it depends on time delivered, but worse case then you get to see how hard it is to push that thing when dead. Take one for the testing team and try it out.

Yep, as @MWard said Motocaddy suggests charging it up after every round. I wanted to add that the manual also suggests charging the battery as soon as you get done with your round (don't let the battery sit around half drained...unless you won't be using it for 3+ months, then half charged is recommended).

I'm not sure how much charge is in the battery when it's delivered but you can try it. If your vehicle has USB ports in the center council you can even charge the remote a bit while you drive there (won't help you with the cart battery, but still). I put the M7 together in the living room and then later wheeled it out to the garage. Putting the rear wheels into non-electric/push position is really quick and I liked the maneuverability of the cart when pushing it through the kitchen to the garage (of course I didn't have the battery or a golf bag on it). Once you open the box I have a feeling it will be hard for you to resist using it tonight fully charged battery or not.

Back