Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

Everyone thank you.

So by looking at yours it just sits there so I didn't miss anything.

@MWard did you install the bracket on the bottom on purpose? Do you like it that way?
It wasn’t in proper position. It was sorta still folded up there!

Took everything out for a spin today.
Other than having to pry one of the foam pieces off the phone holder to get the S21Ultra to fit, everything works great.
Wheelie bar was great, No tip overs today.

Today was the 1st time I have walked 18 holes in like 20 years.

Some funny bloopers in my first full round with the M7…

1. Before the round: Just outside the pro shop, my M7 bull dozed a guys stand bag. Still getting used to the handle and remote device, the pro, standing behind me, asked me a question. Didn’t realize I hit the button for the caddy to move forward and it smoked some guys bag! I was mortified…. 😆

2. Coming up 17, guy in a cart gave me a ride up the hill. I used my remote to run the caddy up the hill in the fairway. Turned it towards us and didnt realize how fast it was going (and back down the hill to where we were). It nearly hit us from the side and luckily just missed us!

Oof…. I need to work on my M7 skills…

1. Before the round: Just outside the pro shop, my M7 bull dozed a guys stand bag. Still getting used to the handle and remote device, the pro, standing behind me, asked me a question. Didn’t realize I hit the button for the caddy to move forward and it smoked some guys bag! I was mortified…. 😆

2. Coming up 17, guy in a cart gave me a ride up the hill. I used my remote to run the caddy up the hill in the fairway. Turned it towards us and didnt realize how fast it was going (and back down the hill to where we were). It nearly hit us from the side and luckily just missed us!

Full send mode can get moving for sure.

Oh that's funny as he!!!. Ya maybe a little drivers ed will do the trick. They do cruise quite fast at full speed.

Oh that's funny as he!!!. Ya maybe a little drivers ed will do the trick. They do cruise quite fast at full speed.

I’m an embarrassment! 😆

Took out the M7 for 2, 18 hole rounds. No tips with the wheelie bar on.
I ran it up a couple inclines just to test it and it worked perfectly.

Now I just need to get my legs back in shape.

I've had mine now since Sept 2020 and today it started pulling left . Even when the front wheels are off the ground.
Anyone had that issue before and what was the outcome (new clutch).

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I've had mine now since Sept 2020 and today it started pulling left . Even when the front wheels are off the ground.

I believe you can adjust the alignment in the front, which should help

Motors probably need to be trimmed. See Page 13 of the manual linked here

Troubleshooting
If the trolley is now running straight in remote mode but not in manual mode then the motors will need trimming. To do this follow these steps:
1. The trolley should again be on a flat level ground,
2. Press and hold the On/Off button for 4 seconds, the speed display will show “0”
3. Turning the dial either clockwise or anti-clockwise will then change the display to show 1-9, turning the dial anti-clockwise will trim the trolley left and turning the dial clockwise will trim the trolley right
4. Start by trimming gradually (1-3). After the value is adjusted, press the button to return to normal operation
5. Then press the button to start the trolley, check to see whether the trolley has been trimmed enough, if it hasn’t and is still not running straight, repeat the procedure and increase the value the trolley is trimmed to

Troubleshooting
If the trolley is now running straight in remote mode but not in manual mode then the motors will need trimming. To do this follow these steps:
2. Press and hold the On/Off button for 4 seconds, the speed display will show “0”
3. Turning the dial either clockwise or anti-clockwise will then change the display to show 1-9, turning the dial anti-clockwise will trim the trolley left and turning the dial clockwise will trim the trolley right
4. Start by trimming gradually (1-3). After the value is adjusted, press the button to return to normal operation
5. Then press the button to start the trolley, check to see whether the trolley has been trimmed enough, if it hasn’t and is still not running straight, repeat the procedure and increase the value the trolley is trimmed to
Outstanding that sounds like my issue. Will give it a blast today.

Troubleshooting
That was the help I needed. Thanks for the pointer.

Great tip! Love my M7 but I'm searching for the remote! I brought it inside to charge and it's gone missing.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Follow up to my post on March 28. My M7 completely died. Not even the LCD screen worked.

I sent the first email to Motocaddy on Sunday, March 20, 2022.

Motocaddy responded the next day indicating it was a control box issue and offered to send me one to install myself, or I could send the whole unit to them to complete the repair.

I elected to receive a new control box and install it myself. I am below average handy, but I have a few screw drivers and like a challenge.

I received the control box on Monday, March 27. It was sent with tracking, I exhanged emails with Motocaddy a few times discussing how to install the new control box. They always responded within 24 hours - usually within a few hours.

I completed the replacement of the control box today after work. I took about two hours to complete the repair. The only tool you need is a medium large phillips head scew driver and two zip ties (optional on the zip ties).

When I finished, everything was working properly again.

If anyone else has to do this repair, I recommend taking pictures along the way as it made it much easier to figure out how to re-assemble. Also, dont forget to identify and separate where the different size screws go.

Also, when you put the cover back on, you have to slide it a bit starting with placing the front first. Otherwise, it doesn't seat properly.

I think if I were more mechanically inclined, I could make the repair in an hour.

TLDNR: Motocaddy was very responsive and replacing the control box is not terribly complicated.

Thank you for helping me do this quickly Motocaddy.

It has been a while since I followed this thread. Bought M7 in November, used a few times through March, love it. Had the same experience as you, it just stopped with no display. I will say it took more than a few tries (2 calls and an email) to get a response from Motocaddy, and then it was from Golf Sellers Direct, not Motocaddy. This company apparently does warranty service and sales of accessories for Motocaddy, at least in southern Oregon. I gave a short description of my problem, which was quickly diagnosed as a faulty control box. The installation was described as easy, "a few screws" on the bottom. Part arrived as promised. Luckily, my husband is a very handy guy, since there were at least 16 screws in some inaccessible spots. There are no instructions, so you must make notes, take pictures, label things, etc as you disassemble it. It took at least 2 hours, partly because we were doubting ourselves as to the next step. Definitely preferable to packing it up and sending it back, but it was not a piece of cake. The you have to put it all back together to test whether it works. But it did! So all is well, I think.

Ok so I got a call from Golf Sellers direct responding to a email for the replacement remote. Was told $200.
I know I have seen it for less so I called MotoCaddy and I got one for $67 and he didn't mock me for losing my remote in under 2 months. :ROFLMAO:

Read this on another site. Walking burns more calories than riding or using a push cart.
I know for myself that I walk briskly and seem to have more energy when using the MotoCaddy. :)Screenshot_20220517-144427_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220517-184404_Chrome.jpg

Not sure I agree using a push cart burns fewer calories. I walk using ZIP Navigator 150+ rounds per year. Several times I have forgotten my battery and had to use a push cart. Def more tired using push cart than remote control cart.

Read this on another site. Walking burns more calories than riding or using a push cart.
I know for myself that I walk briskly and seem to have more energy when using the MotoCaddy. :)View attachment 9089074
View attachment 9089075
Don't by that either, you would/should exert more energy pushing 20-25 pounds around compared to just walking. Especially if you are trying to do it at a brisker pace.

Don't by that either, you would/should exert more energy pushing 20-25 pounds around compared to just walking. Especially if you are trying to do it at a brisker pace.
but what if the electric caddy allows you to walk at a brisker pace? I'm not an exercise expert but it feel plausible that walking faster may burn more than walking slower while pushing the cart

I pushed my ClicGear for 18 holes three times last week while a pal leisurely walked along with his RC electric caddy. Hard to imagine how he could have burned more calories than me.

I think that assessment of calories burned is absurdly low. You’ll likely burn more pure carrying, because you have the strain of a bag on your back adding 25-30lbs to your frame.

Anyone who has used a whoop or an Apple Watch while they play can testify that you burn a ton of calories, way more than 400-500 lol

but what if the electric caddy allows you to walk at a brisker pace? I'm not an exercise expert but it feel plausible that walking faster may burn more than walking slower while pushing the cart
But it is just short bursts, with pushing you would have a more constant. I'm guessing here at best. Then throw in the flat vs hilly course. Either way I think it is all good exercise that we all benefit from.

Either way I think it is all good exercise that we all benefit from.
100%

I've been enjoying focusing on walking more than riding this year, and will continue to do so whether it is push or electric

100%

I've been enjoying focusing on walking more than riding this year, and will continue to do so whether it is push or electric
I have been in the cart only 3 times this year so far. I have really enjoyed getting back to walking and am closing in on 70 miles already.
Now just need to be able to play more.

Back