Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

Good to know, didn’t know if it had anything to do with the remote features that the M7 has over the M5.
Not sure with how they designed the current line. But I am sure that the remote > gps for me. The extra freedom is so good! Plus you have other options for GPS.

Not sure with how they designed the current line. But I am sure that the remote > gps for me. The extra freedom is so good! Plus you have other options for GPS.
I agree 100%. The remote is a game changer and something I can’t imagine not having. Like you said, I can GPS or use a rangefinder with something else

Played on Monday before I left on my work trip. Had the best driving day and iron/wedge day I've ever had. 8/9 greens. That has NEVER happened. Do I attribute it all to the M7? I want to lol

It's been in insanely fun to just walk. Not walk and push. Not walk and carry like I have for over a year...just walk to my ball, grab a club and hit. Repeat. You really feel freed up with one of these. Like I mentioned in my first impressions this weekend, it took a second to get used to but I'm now 45 holes in and I feel like I've been using this for ages. It really is that easy to get used to.

One thing that I wanted to mention specifically though is how easy it is to adjust drift. My cart seemed to be pulling slightly to the left after my first 36 so I went to the front wheel to adjust before my nine holes on Monday. Super easy. Pull down on the lever on the front wheel and adjust one gear clockwise while adjusting the opposite gear on the other wheel counter clockwise. Well I over did it and it was pulling a little more than slightly right after that. Another quick adjustment while I was on the course and it's now straightened out. Love that stuff like that can be fixed during a round instead of having to wait until after a round to mess with it.

Played on Monday before I left on my work trip. Had the best driving day and iron/wedge day I've ever had. 8/9 greens. That has NEVER happened. Do I attribute it all to the M7? I want to lol
I walked nine last week in Atlanta without my M7. I played better with it than without out. I can't attest to one of your best rounds, but on average, I know I play better staying loose and walking than riding a cart or having to actually carry my bag.

I walked nine last week in Atlanta without my M7. I played better with it than without out. I can't attest to one of your best rounds, but on average, I know I play better staying loose and walking than riding a cart or having to actually carry my bag.
I play better walking also unless I lose energy on a really hot day, but its nice to not have to worry about carry water or gatorade. Load the machine down and not a big deal

I for sure played better walking/carrying than I ever did riding. Now that I'm not carrying, I think I'm playing even better. It's only been three rounds and two of them were 6.5 hour scramble rounds so I really have no proof of that (yet). But I know I feel better out there when I have played.

Last night in league we had to go back from 18 to 10 to finish up our round. We do a shotgun start, and our course doesn't return to the clubhouse after 9. I put the wheels in free-wheeling mode, and held onto the handle, with the M7 behind me while my partner drove. Got to 10 tee, and one of the wheels just would not budge on the axle to get it locked back in. It would spin if I tried to turn the wheel by hand, and if I activated the motors, it would spin, but it wasn't locked in. Walked with the cart instead of remote for the last hole, and after I got home, I got the cart on the floor of the garage and tried to pull the wheel off. It wouldn't move. I ended up taking some WD40 and applying a few shots to the axle and wheel, and that loosened everything up and got the wheel free. Time to add some lubricant to the axels to keep the wheel installation quick and easy.

And exploring the Motocaddy site, they recommend a lithium based grease on the axles, to be used when the axle is dry, or once a season.

And exploring the Motocaddy site, they recommend a lithium based grease on the axles, to be used when the axle is dry, or once a season.
Brake caliper grease works really well. If you don't like the gray stuff swing by your local Ford dealer and they have brake/dielectric grease in one. It's a clearish color and will work wonderful. That's what I use because I have it laying around.

I want to also add this thing is pretty great in the rain/water. I finished up a couple weeks ago and accidently left it outside in the light rain in the yard. It got stupid muddy and a slight rinse off with the water hose and now looks good and clean.

Remember the bolded is a recommendation, depending on conditions and how much gunk the wheels pick up you may need to do it more often. It takes me 5 minutes to clean and lube the axels on my Zip and it's very worth keeping up on the maintenance.

In my ZIP Navigator manual they recommend using petroleum jelly (Vaseline) so I have a small tube I keep in my bag that I first clean off the axles and then add a dab, rub across axle, give the wheels a spin and all set. Little bit of PM goes a long way.

It appears the spoke for the right wheel is too large around for the wheel to fit on. I had zero issues with the left side but the right won't fit. Trying to force it is resulting in metal shaving coming off. Should I use sandpaper on the spoke to get it to a point the wheel fits? Or bad idea, will ruin warranty?

It appears the spoke for the right wheel is too large around for the wheel to fit on. I had zero issues with the left side but the right won't fit. Trying to force it is resulting in metal shaving coming off. Should I use sandpaper on the spoke to get it to a point the wheel fits? Or bad idea, will ruin warranty?
Shoot me a pic or a video and I'll see if I can help you out.

@Motocaddy

Shoot me a pic or a video and I'll see if I can help you out.
K. Will do when I get to working on it again. I don't want to void the warranty but seems like something a few little things, sandpaper and vaseline, might fix.

Applied vaseline on the spoke and inside of the hole on the wheel. Then tried using a wooden block and hammer to get it on.

No dice.

That is rather odd. Usually wheels fit, how did that one sneak through?

Applied vaseline on the spoke and inside of the hole on the wheel. Then tried using a wooden block and hammer to get it on.

No dice.

man that just seems a bit crazy. Can you throw up a photo for us?

It is a very odd thing. Both wheels work on the left side. Neither on the right. That is what leads me to believe somehow this spoke is just slightly too large16566436595276327927757392646870.jpg16566437325886602274436511014527.jpg16566437539324199649008525139233.jpg
Some of that is metal shaving but it is mostly vaseline in the pics lol

man that just seems a bit crazy. Can you throw up a photo for us?
Photos uploaded but it just looks like the other spoke. Almost identical. Just the wheel will not fit.

Played 18 today and Rode and It was not a good round.
I feel like I stay more in Rhythm when I walk.

Back out there with the M7 in the morning!!

Thanks to all of the information in this thread I ordered a Motocaddy M7 from Motocaddy.us. Unfortunately, they are currently out of stock and expected delivery is August 1. Looking forward to walking without having to push my cart. I currently have a seat installed on my Clicgear cart. It helps a lot since there are no benches near the tee box on the course that I usually play. I decided that I also need a seat for my M7 but they are not listed at Motocaddy.us. I did a search on Google Shopping and found the seats at Golf Caddie Outlet. I was a little concerned about compatibility since the Golf Caddie Outlet website showed the seat for "M7 2018-2020". I sent them an email to ask if the seat was compatible with the M7 2022. They replied very quickly that it should fit but they wanted to double check with Motocaddy. They replied very soon after that the seat was compatible with the M7 2022. They also updated their website to show "M7 2018-2022". I was very impressed by the customer service at Golf Caddie Outlet and I ordered my seat from them.

Thanks to all of the information in this thread I ordered a Motocaddy M7 from Motocaddy.us. Unfortunately, they are currently out of stock and expected delivery is August 1. Looking forward to walking without having to push my cart. I currently have a seat installed on my Clicgear cart. It helps a lot since there are no benches near the tee box on the course that I usually play. I decided that I also need a seat for my M7 but they are not listed at Motocaddy.us. I did a search on Google Shopping and found the seats at Golf Caddie Outlet. I was a little concerned about compatibility since the Golf Caddie Outlet website showed the seat for "M7 2018-2020". I sent them an email to ask if the seat was compatible with the M7 2022. They replied very quickly that it should fit but they wanted to double check with Motocaddy. They replied very soon after that the seat was compatible with the M7 2022. They also updated their website to show "M7 2018-2022". I was very impressed by the customer service at Golf Caddie Outlet and I ordered my seat from them.
M7 is going to be a revelation for you! Sorry you have to wait a bit, but it will be worth it!

I made it thru my 3rd straight round without Tipping it over!!!!
Everytime it has gone over it was my fault or there was a hole that wasn't seen till too late.

The seat is so worth it on these.

Back