Wicked Cool Bearded Man

4thegolf+4thefriends
Reaction score
Handicap
6.3 GHIN
Most of you have probably seen on social our old friend Harry Arnett’s new clothing company founded with Mark Wahlberg called MUNICIPAL. He brought along other THP Hall of Famers AJ, Velardo, and Rhiona with him... As you can probably guess with those people involved, the products are phenomenal and customer service is second to none. They have awesome workout gear (sport utility gear- their term). They have polos etc. that could be worn on the course or in the office as well. I’m a huge fan of those individuals and their company. I figured this could serve as kind of a THP review space for anyone who has made a purchase from them. If you haven’t checked them out yet, here’s the link - https://municipal.com/ MODS please move this to appropriate location if this is incorrect... thanks!

seems like another expensive option in a somewhat crowded and undifferentiable space. i get the concept, but not the need for another brand like this. maybe it was the marketing leadup and messaging that didn't align when the product finally dropped. maybe it's because my closet has more khakis and boat shoes than hoodies and chuck taylors. whatever the reason, this brand is not something i have any interest in.

I'm sure its comfortable but I wonder how much time they wasted carefully bunching up every item for the website photos?

For me, the comfort really does stand out. I will also say they frequently have discount offers. I just really like what the brand is about. But that being said, I know it’s not for everyone

seems like another expensive option in a somewhat crowded and undifferentiable space. i get the concept, but not the need for another brand like this. maybe it was the marketing leadup and messaging that didn't align when the product finally dropped. maybe it's because my closet has more khakis and boat shoes than hoodies and chuck taylors. whatever the reason, this brand is not something i have any interest in.
Totally get that man. For me, the space between work clothes and chasing the kids around/working out clothes is very tight. That is where they fit in in my closet

Totally get that man. For me, the space between work clothes and chasing the kids around/working out clothes is very tight. That is where they fit in in my closet

i can't pull that look off at all haha. how does municipal stack up to the other brands you have tried?

i can't pull that look off at all haha. how does municipal stack up to the other brands you have tried?
Seriously, comfort is the best. I’m also a huge UA fan. I’d say it’s more comfortable for me in that space, but it is a bit more expensive- at least right now.

I've bought a handful of Municipal gear. I have a polo, which is comfortable and lightweight...go up one size if you always tuck in your polo as it seems like they designed it to be untucked. I bought some hoodies, one for me and one for each of the kids. Those are all very well made, warm and comfortable enough to wear all day. I bought a pair of shorts which I really like, but make sure to do some digging as I almost bought a pair with no pockets and the one I ended up buying has them. I also bought a hat.

Overall, their customer service is honestly second to none. Which with Harry and his team, is to be expected. Their gear is a little bit out of my personal price range, so I watch for deals and % off when I buy, but I'll keep buying.

I've bought a handful of Municipal gear. I have a polo, which is comfortable and lightweight...go up one size if you always tuck in your polo as it seems like they designed it to be untucked. I bought some hoodies, one for me and one for each of the kids. Those are all very well made, warm and comfortable enough to wear all day. I bought a pair of shorts which I really like, but make sure to do some digging as I almost bought a pair with no pockets and the one I ended up buying has them. I also bought a hat.

Overall, their customer service is honestly second to none. Which with Harry and his team, is to be expected. Their gear is a little bit out of my personal price range, so I watch for deals and % off when I buy, but I'll keep buying.
Same dude. Totally same thoughts here. I’m really impressed so far.

The hoodies are cool. The polos look cool. Not sure im willing to pay that much for a t shirt. Some of it to me looks disjointed but then again, i think its a "California" type of look which i have never found too appealing. But i could probably rock the hoodies or polos.

I also will say that the inseems for MUNICIPAL are very favorable to me. Others can be hit or miss, but all the stuff I have from them fits spot on.

The hoodies are cool. The polos look cool. Not sure im willing to pay that much for a t shirt. Some of it to me looks disjointed but then again, i think its a "California" type of look which i have never found too appealing. But i could probably rock the hoodies or polos.
They had a 50% off sale a while back and I went nuts :)

The polos are nice and soft, very comfortable. Mine was showing some pilling after going through the wash once.

The polos are nice and soft, very comfortable. Mine was showing some pilling after going through the wash once.
Oh no - sorry that happened.... I haven’t had that issue.

I like ten thousand work out gear. I pretty much just get that. And even that I dont get too much of. paying $50+ for work out shorts seems silly...

I like ten thousand work out gear. I pretty much just get that. And even that I dont get too much of. paying $50+ for work out shorts seems silly...
My thought process is that I wear it more often than just working out... but I hear you. Typically, I’ll wear it most of the day on the weekends or when I get home from work. So I’m ready to get my workout in when time permits, and I don’t look like a slob when before/after the workout. With my kids and my wife working my time for fitness is tight. I take it when I can get it. At 4:30 am or 10 pm...

So point being, for me, it’s way more than just workout gear...

So point being, for me, it’s way more than just workout gear...

All this stuff is just getting crazy expensive.. 50 dollar or more T shirts 150 dollar hoodies.. I just cant do it anymore.

All this stuff is just getting crazy expensive.. 50 dollar or more T shirts 150 dollar hoodies.. I just cant do it anymore.
It’s true man. When I find sales I stock up.

I don't know if my previous post did/did not go through, but I have made several purchases from Municipal and will probably make more. First purchase was because I was always a huge fan of Harry and AJ, and when I got to hang with AJ up in Idaho at the THP Budget Golf Championship I had to support them with at least one purchase to see what it was about.

Every purchase and recommendation to friends after that is because of how pleased I was with the product/customer service. Is it expensive? Yes, but it is really high quality and I have never paid full price on any of the purchases I have made. I follow them on IG and Twitter and they share discount codes regularly.

If you dig the aesthetic I think you will be very pleased if you make a purchase, if you don't, there are definitely other options out there.

Another thing, I need them to come out with more colors of the multi pant...

I don't know if my previous post did/did not go through, but I have made several purchases from Municipal and will probably make more. First purchase was because I was always a huge fan of Harry and AJ, and when I got to hang with AJ up in Idaho at the THP Budget Golf Championship I had to support them with at least one purchase to see what it was about.

Every purchase and recommendation to friends after that is because of how pleased I was with the product/customer service. Is it expensive? Yes, but it is really high quality and I have never paid full price on any of the purchases I have made. I follow them on IG and Twitter and they share discount codes regularly.

If you dig the aesthetic I think you will be very pleased if you make a purchase, if you don't, there are definitely other options out there.
The codes abound... so very true :) You can absolutely expect to pay around 20% off listed price frequently

Back