My Backyard Putting Green Project

JohnnyO3478

Reaction score
Today is the beginning of the installation. We are using STI products. The putting surface will be the NP45 - set up to roll around a 10 - with 4 lit cups. The rough will be their Bermuda clone. It's going to take up the entirety of what I have as a backyard. Here are the before pix (foggy morning):

1709650933475.jpeg

1709651006844.jpeg

1709651038269.jpeg

1709651060314.jpeg

1709651095924.jpeg

Very cool looking forward to seeing the progress as you go!

That's going to be a sweet project!

Advice - get someone who actually knows (plays) golf and golf design to design the layout.

This is the biggest failing of mine. I used all the best product and trusted the installers using my basic drawing and 'description' of what I wanted to put in something amazing. Well that failed.

I will be having an expert come in eventually to redo mine.

Awesome. More golf and less yard work afterwards. A win win in my book!! Can't wait for the after pictures.

Awesome! Can’t wait to see how it all comes together for you.

Doing this yourself?
If you mean stroking the check - then yes it is completely DIY!

Hired pros. I know my limits.

Advice - get someone who actually knows (plays) golf and golf design to design the layout.

This is the biggest failing of mine. I used all the best product and trusted the installers using my basic drawing and 'description' of what I wanted to put in something amazing. Well that failed.

I will be having an expert come in eventually to redo mine.
I hired the best in town after looking at their previous work.

I'll be involved in the placement of the cups and the shaping of the surface. My teaching pro used them for his green and I'm gonna get his input as well.

If you mean stroking the check - then yes it is completely DIY!

Hired pros. I know my limits.
That's a great definition of doing it yourself! I love it.

Going to be such a fun project as well, keep us updated.

So fun! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see the finished project.

I’ll be following this thanks for sharing!

looks like the perfect spot for a putting green setup

That's lunch, fellas ....

1709655745662.jpeg

very cool, looking forward to seeing the process

pumped to see how this turns out. will be awesome.

Looking forward to seeing how this goes

Very nice. Be sure to keep us posted as the work is going on, and the finished product. Very interested to see how it all comes together for your setup!

Sweet! I’ll be watching.

What’s the budget for a project like this?

What’s the budget for a project like this?
IIRC - you'd be looking at around $22/ft2 for the turf install. Lighted cups are extra and I wanna say they are not cheap for the really good ones. We went with Unique Illumi Cups.

That’s an awesome project! How long will the install take?

That is awesome. I used to have an artificial green that was smaller than that it was 15 by 30. We moved though and I had to leave it behind.

That’s a great space to convert. Best of luck!

Back