My Course dues going up 1 Jan, are yours?

Ours went up like 6-8% depending on age bracket

It is and that's why I can't complain about it or the restrictions. (Can only book 3 days in advance and weekend and public holidays members can't get a time until after 11)
That makes it a bummer, but Mondays and Fridays I would have a tee time for sure!

Ours just went up from $165.00 to $175.00 a month, but it is still unlimted with no cart fee. Also gives us a 10% pro shop and grill discount so still an amazing deal. Oh and we have 2 coures in two towns to choose from.

Our membership went up last year and I can imagine it will go up again. They also went up on price for guest rounds and I noticed many golfers went elsewhere to play where it was much cheaper.

I heard one guy that came and played say that due to the high price he and his son would not be returning. I may go somewhere else next year, but the thing is the course is only 15 minutes from me which makes it super convenient.

Is that at Windmill? I wish I lived closer! Let me know when you go out, would love to tee it up! (y)

Yes mate it is. For sure, but it won't be until the end of April at this stage. Just too cold for this Aussie.

That makes it a bummer, but Mondays and Fridays I would have a tee time for sure!

It is a bit, but I plan on playing on Tuesdays and Sundays so I make sure I have everything done around those days.

Went up $55 from $665/month to $720/month. Membership was over full this year with a waiting list and initiation bumped up too. Costs have gone up and there is high demand, so not surprising.

Just got this email from my golf course (my weekday membership went up $100):

Happy November!

With the new year approaching, I wanted to reach out to each of you to say thank you for being a member with Magnolia Golf Properties. We are incredibly fortunate to have so many loyal golfers who call our group of clubs their home!

As you are aware, tee time availability has been a hot topic at all three of our clubs this year. We have tried to allocate tee times in a way to provide every member with access to the club of their choosing. But with the continuing demand from all member types, it has been difficult to accommodate all requests at all times.

Earlier this year, we raised green fees for non-members in the hopes of slowing demand enough to allow more open access to members and daily fee guests. But with the growth of Austin and the renewed interest in golf, we are still experiencing extremely high demand at all of our golf facilities. In addition to record-high demand, we have incurred increasing costs and payroll, the combination of which has forced us to make difficult choices in how to proceed with green fees and membership structures.

With that in mind, I am writing to notify you that we will be increasing our green fees across all times of the day and the week, in addition to increasing membership dues, as of January 1, 2023. We have made this difficult decision in order to provide the best possible golf experience for each of our guests.
Our club dues are going up 7%, plus we got hit with a $50 a month capital improvement fee

the dues at my current club that I won't be returning to are going up by about 20% which will make it almost double what they were when I first joined a couple of years ago.

There is talk of a member exodus and I'm here for it

The problem is everything is going up, and members are having to pay more and more. I don't believe there is an easy solution, members are going to have to pay more for courses to stay open. The problem is what is a fair price for membership may not be enough to keep the course open.

My local muni is only $200 a year for city residents / $300 for county. Still pay a fee $12 walk / $27 cart during peak. With two course to play, that's a steal compared to what some of you guys are paying.

I'm also thinking about joining a semi-private club that's $219 a month. Unlimited walking & range balls, but a cart fee. I mostly play weekends and I'm trying to justify the cost, but that still is not bad compared to some of y'all.

Paid my summer '23 dues yesterday. Price is same as '22.

Winter rates, in FL, will increase in a few weeks after the new carts arrive. I often walk so the impact is negligible.

I’m sure ours will. Honestly I don’t even look at my bill. It’s always going to be between $1k and $2k per month depending on how much eating and drinking we do.

Fuel and fertilizer are particularly expensive right now.

I expect ours to go up again.

It's super irritating when they cite "extra costs" compared to previous years, when all of these courses are wildly profiting from the boom. Just admit that you're cashing in and stop acting like your membership is stupid.

Ours is going down $100. However we no longer get the unlimited use of a cart(non factor for me as I walk 99% of my rounds)will have to pay for it separately. Also unlimited range is going to one large bucket a day. They also used to give you a $200 credit to the pro shop, that is fine also. Do get to keep unlimited golf. All this for $2800 a year.

My local muni is only $200 a year for city residents / $300 for county. Still pay a fee $12 walk / $27 cart during peak. With two course to play, that's a steal compared to what some of you guys are paying.

I'm also thinking about joining a semi-private club that's $219 a month. Unlimited walking & range balls, but a cart fee. I mostly play weekends and I'm trying to justify the cost, but that still is not bad compared to some of y'all.
That's exactly what it costs at my club. Two 18 hole courses, unlimited golf and range balls, 14-day advance reservations, 10% off in pro shop and restaurant, discounted guest rates (4 per month). You can add unlimited cart usage for another $110/month, otherwise cart is $15 per round. I play enough to make the membership more than worthwhile, if I didn't play as much I'd probably just buy their annual VIP card and pay discounted rates per round.

Mine jumped full 350 to 388. So I got hit with an increase of 38 bucks this year. Subtract the freezer that I do most of my rounds walking now with the push cart I think I'll break out ahead.

Mine is going up $200/ year. Still a good deal at $1500, but I'm going to do the weekday at $850. We have 3 courses, and it's next to impossible to get a weekend tee time anymore. They are booked by large groups staying at the lodge and cabins many months in advance. They won't book member tee times any sooner than 14 days

My men's club dues went up $50 to $250 but they haven't said if they will raise green fees or not, I'm hoping they don't, as I was on the edge last year of thinking it was too much money even with the club discount. They're just so close and convenient, it will be a bummer if I have to find a new place to play, funds are going to be tighter next year than they already are I think....

Not as long as I stay employed there. 🤣

My membership went up around 10%. Like everything else is going up except my salary ☹️.

A couple of my leauges are up 15-20% next year. I'm not thrilled but I'm not dropping out........

Ours just went from $1200 to $1500. They also used to have a weekday only membership for $600 that it seems they eliminated. That is going to move all the old guys somewhere else. Golf is hot, but with some of the equipment pricing and the rate pricing I have seen the industry might be following an old strategy that has cost it many times over the years. Price up when golf is hot and force all your new players back to the sidelines and then struggle for a decade till it gets hot again.

We had a price drop, my courses are fiscally responsible.

We had a price drop, my courses are fiscally responsible.
Where do you live? Definitely not the current trend, but great for you.

Back