My first time building clubs

vdubtx

MC Team Paradise 2020
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Finally finished the build of some iron heads I picked up a few months back. With holidays and work in the mix, just no time to get em done.

Cobra King MiM Tours with Project X Catalyst 80 shafts.

6EE1CD40-0623-4807-8746-951217575C30.jpeg

Now, I am sure I didn't do things 100% right on all aspects and may require so re-do, but hey, learn along the way right. Not sure I will do a lot of club building going forward, but sure was fun to learn how to do some of this stuff.

E78C2174-15E7-43EE-88C3-E216B373B103.jpeg

003DA2B8-B48B-49DA-94DA-49B237AD7CBE.jpeg

Got our for a round yesterday and took the 4 and the 7 irons along. Didn't want to take full set for fear thatva head would fly off :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Hit a few shots with each and no flying heads :cool:

I did notice my 8 iron I had to redo as there was a slight gap from ferrule to end of hosel, got that sorted out by removing the shaft and starting over.

Excellent job and congrats! I enjoy building clubs every so often as well.

Good job! These look great!

It is super empowering doing your club work. It opens up a whole world of tinkering!

Really good looking build man. Well done.

Great job- Bunches of fun. Another one hooked ;)

Nice work @vdubtx I need to see these in person!

Looks awesome! Congrats on your first build! 👏

Those look sharp! It's really fun to play what you build doesn't it?

Looks great!! I bought some epoxy to fix a buddys Ping driver, but ended up selling him my Triton instead. He broke that shaft too!! Stil haven't done my first reshaft yet.....

Those look sharp! It's really fun to play what you build doesn't it?
Thanks. May take a few rounds until I am comfortable knowing they stay put together :ROFLMAO:

Nicely done. Now that you've done it, it was actually fairly easy wasn't it?

Nicely done. Now that you've done it, it was actually fairly easy wasn't it?

Really is pretty easy when it comes down to it. Super simple the next time I want to do, with some things learned along the way. (y)

Well done! They look great and that thought of head coming off isn't unique :D.

Nice work! I have dabbled very little in the club building space, but it is always a bit of a boost to successfully tinker. Love those ferrules!

Congratulations. I just finished my first reshaft of a set in quite a while. I am always a little concerned about the heads coming off.

I'm in awe. Good work.

Nice Tony! I have some pretty ferrules I've been wanting to put on my clubs but can't get over the hump of starting and learning this task. How long would you say it took you? Might need to practice with some cheap ferrules...

Nice work! It's alot of fun to tinker, isn't it!

Congrats , they look great. As you continue to do it, you’ll learn more tips and tricks along the way.

Good job, they look great

Nice work @vdubtx they look great and being your first build I'd venture to guess you used more epoxy than is necessary and those heads are not coming off haha!

Good job Tony!

Back