Nashville and Surrounding Area Thread

When I was down to visit family a few weeks ago my cousin took me to Towhee. Arnold Palmer design that I guess used to be pretty nice, went down hill but is coming back. Had a good layout. Might still be a year or so away from being pretty nice again but it was fun

When I was down to visit family a few weeks ago my cousin took me to Towhee. Arnold Palmer design that I guess used to be pretty nice, went down hill but is coming back. Had a good layout. Might still be a year or so away from being pretty nice again but it was fun

I love a good comeback story.

The fairways at Bluegrass Country Club are absolutely fantastic right now.

6C457CCF-EDF8-40A6-831C-CAE01BF348B4.jpeg

Where does everybody normally play in this area?

@JDax plays out of Gaylord Springs (fun course).
Where does everybody else play in the area?

I predominantly play Hermitage followed by Pine Creek. I really enjoy the practice area at The Hermitage and Pine Creek is really out of proximity for me…

I do really enjoy the short drive to Springfield to play the Legacy it just consumes the entire day when I do that. With two kids, that gets tough. If you haven’t made it over there, I’d highly recommend it.

I predominantly play Hermitage followed by Pine Creek. I really enjoy the practice area at The Hermitage and Pine Creek is really out of proximity for me…

I do really enjoy the short drive to Springfield to play the Legacy it just consumes the entire day when I do that. With two kids, that gets tough. If you haven’t made it over there, I’d highly recommend it.
Hermitage is a treat for me. Maybe once or twice a year for a company tournament(s). You are Blessed to play that course as one of your predominantly played courses. Never played Pine Creek or Legacy. I should give those a shot.

Hermitage is a treat for me. Maybe once or twice a year for a company tournament(s). You are Blessed to play that course as one of your predominantly played courses. Never played Pine Creek or Legacy. I should give those a shot.

Twilight rounds certainly help! This day in age it’s become difficult to get all 18 in when we go that route.

We’ve got our oldest started with the PGA Jr League out there as well and I get to bounce around on Tuesday nights for a pretty good rate as well. Can’t get 18, but can usually get 10-12 on either course

Tee times queued up for tomorrow afternoon and Tuesday afternoon at Bluegrass so looking forward to getting back out. Weather is nice and warm and the conditions are perfect right now.

Lush fairways

So far I am really impressed with the conditions of Bluegrass CC. Fairways are about as good as I have seen in the Nashville area and the greens are rolling pretty darn good. Members also seem to really take care of the course, which helps to go along with a good crew.

This is the best time of year for overall conditions. It will be rough come August when the courses with bent greens struggle to keep them.

This is the best time of year for overall conditions. It will be rough come August when the courses with bent greens struggle to keep them.
I spoke to some members at Bluegrass yesterday about that and they said they didn’t have an issue in August, but they have a pretty special water deal going on with the marina and lake. But I remember a few courses struggling last summer a bit.

I spoke to some members at Bluegrass yesterday about that and they said they didn’t have an issue in August, but they have a pretty special water deal going on with the marina and lake. But I remember a few courses struggling last summer a bit.

Most of the courses with Bent grass greens have to use so much water that the ball marks are unbelievable. Those greens are very slow. When you play Bermuda greens, they’re lightning fast. Makes for interesting rounds!!

Most of the courses with Bent grass greens have to use so much water that the ball marks are unbelievable. Those greens are very slow. When you play Bermuda greens, they’re lightning fast. Makes for interesting rounds!!
Interesting. Haven’t encountered that, but I’m sure it’s course dependent. I’m glad our club appears to have it under control for now at least. Conditions have been fantastic.

Playing out at Bluegrass CC this afternoon on these perfect weather days.
I cannot get over the condition that this course is in.

Playing out at Bluegrass CC this afternoon on these perfect weather days.
I cannot get over the condition that this course is in.
Is it open to the public?

@JDax We really need to get a local gathering setup. Maybe later next month before crazy travel begins.

@JDax We really need to get a local gathering setup. Maybe later next month before crazy travel begins.
If the group meets again in mid October, then I'd be honored to join you guys.

going to be in Nashville next weekend for the Rock and Roll marathon but I need a place to golf on Sunday! Best places to golf around Nashville?

going to be in Nashville next weekend for the Rock and Roll marathon but I need a place to golf on Sunday! Best places to golf around Nashville?
Gaylord is nice, @JDax is a member there. I really liked the Hermitage course a couple years ago. Kenny Perry's course on I65 in Franklin, KY is a hidden treat.

Gaylord is nice, @JDax is a member there. I really liked the Hermitage course a couple years ago. Kenny Perry's course on I65 in Franklin, KY is a hidden treat.
Appreciate that!! Gaylord was the course I was looking at initially. What’s the Kenny Perry course??

Appreciate that!! Gaylord was the course I was looking at initially. What’s the Kenny Perry course??
PGA Player Kenny Perry has a course in Franklin KY on his farm. Pretty decent, it's not as nice as Gaylord, or Hermitage but it's also about half the cost. Highly underrated public course. It's usually in great shape. He is frequently there and is a great guy. 👍 it's just off i65 before you get to the Tennessee state line.

PGA Player Kenny Perry has a course in Franklin KY on his farm. Pretty decent, it's not as nice as Gaylord, or Hermitage but it's also about half the cost. Highly underrated public course. It's usually in great shape. He is frequently there and is a great guy. 👍 it's just off i65 before you get to the Tennessee state line.
I’m thinking I may play Gaylord since it’s right by where I’m staying! Anyone want to join on Sunday the 21st??

I’d highly recommend hermitage. Hermitage actually has two courses and both always in great shape.

Back