Nashville and Surrounding Area Thread

I would love to, but two problems:

1. Both kids are out of school, and the wife is out of town. Could potentially find a sitter, but....

2. There is an 80% chance of rain Monday. Where are you seeing clear weather? I've seen the complete opposite online and on TV.

1. I can completely understand that one. Was there last week.

2. Yeah Apple weather is saying 80% but looking at other forecasts it appears it may be late afternoon evening. See below.

1645122323386.png

Intriguing. I will have to keep an eye on this.
That’s my plan. Going to watch it the next couple days and see. When I checked Gaylord’s tee sheet was wide open in the morning so unless a bunch of folks jumped on them today I don’t think it will be hard to get on.

That’s my plan. Going to watch it the next couple days and see. When I checked Gaylord’s tee sheet was wide open in the morning so unless a bunch of folks jumped on them today I don’t think it will be hard to get on.

I'm going to have to bow out for tomorrow. Cost of sitter plus cost of round will make it a bit steep. Thankfully the wife is back in 3 weeks, so a sense of normalcy will return. Hopefully the frequency of rain will diminish so I can actually play then, lol.

I'm going to have to bow out for tomorrow. Cost of sitter plus cost of round will make it a bit steep. Thankfully the wife is back in 3 weeks, so a sense of normalcy will return. Hopefully the frequency of rain will diminish so I can actually play then, lol.
No worries man. 3 weeks is a long haul. I get frazzled after a week! I’ve got two under 4 though so still pretty hands on.

No worries man. 3 weeks is a long haul. I get frazzled after a week! I’ve got two under 4 though so still pretty hands on.

Two under four, yikes! I've got an 8-year old and a 22-month old. I can't imagine two under age 4. I'm going insane, been at this since the last week in January. Wife is doing this for work, but it doesn't make it easier.

Two under four, yikes! I've got an 8-year old and a 22-month old. I can't imagine two under age 4. I'm going insane, been at this since the last week in January. Wife is doing this for work, but it doesn't make it easier.
So we almost made it... Course backed up pretty bad on the back and when standing on the 18th tee it just started to dump a rainy sleet mix. Jumped in the cart and drove to the bag drop. Drove back to my house ~ 5 miles from the course and it was bone dry....

So we almost made it... Course backed up pretty bad on the back and when standing on the 18th tee it just started to dump a rainy sleet mix. Jumped in the cart and drove to the bag drop. Drove back to my house ~ 5 miles from the course and it was bone dry....

Oh man, so close to completing the round too! Was this Gaylord Springs? I've played the course once, but I practice there most Tuesdays.

Oh man, so close to completing the round too! Was this Gaylord Springs? I've played the course once, but I practice there most Tuesdays.
Yeah was playing Gaylord. Based on the tee sheet on Sunday I didn't it would be backed up but something put brakes on the course on the back. Starting on 15 we waited on every tee box with at least one other group and once with two.

The practice facility is really nice out there. I should make more of an effort to get out there and practice.

The practice facility is really nice out there. I should make more of an effort to get out there and practice.
The wife got me a gift certificate for lessons at Profectus for valentines. Maybe I can get a day during spring break to use it. It really is a super nice course.

Last edited:
Flying into Nashville for work and was looking for a Tuesday mid morning round and was going to see what's recommended in the area, but now it looks like it might rain...

assuming the forecast is off - which courses should I earmark in case I'm able to get out? I'll be staying downtown, but will have a car...

Hermitage and Gaylord still the two go-to? Think either would be hard to get on as a last minute single?

Yeah probably those two for public options not too far

Not sure on the singles for Hermitage, I still haven't played it. Typically though you can get on at Gaylord pretty easy as long as they aren't hosting a tourney.

Hermitage would require you to call ahead as a single, you can't book one through their web site. Like Gaylord, you would probably be able to play one of their two courses as long as there is no tournament that day.

Looking forward to a whole bunch of THPers coming to Nashville this weekend for Rivalry and we have an unbelievable couple of days planned for you guys.

I would also throw Greystone in if you don't a bit longer drive. Really fun course - not sure on conditions as we just moved back to the area, but conditions are generally always good out there.

I would also throw Greystone in if you don't a bit longer drive. Really fun course - not sure on conditions as we just moved back to the area, but conditions are generally always good out there.

at this point, with the only time I'm able to play being Tuesday sometime mid morning... I'm just hoping it doesn't rain and I'm actually able to get out... d'oh!

I would say based on the forecast, Top Golf may be the call…

Will be working in Nashville next month for a couple of weeks. I heard about some very tasty fried chicken. just fogot thr name of this magical place.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

If you're ever in Nashville and find yourself unable to get a tee-time, Old Fort in Murfreesboro has a "walk-up" singles policy. You might have to wait a while, but they'll generally get you out within an hour or so.

Im glad that so many THPers got a chance to play at our club this past weekend. Even more glad that the club treated everybody so well and that the entire day was enjoyable. What a fun day at Bluegrass.

Will be working in Nashville next month for a couple of weeks. I heard about some very tasty fried chicken. just fogot thr name of this magical place.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
HattieB's

ended up playing Gaylord Springs today... sprinkles when I teed off, and then holes 3, 4, 5, and 6 it was raining pretty hard. I was going to go back in, but then it cleared up... finished the round as a single in 3:11 taking my sweet time... got back in and decided to try to play the front again since the rain slowed down... and by hole #3, same deal.

hole #3 was rough, haha. Miss the green long and it kicks all the way down into the crap - first time I went over and it dribbled all the way down into the edge of the forest (not sure what to call it), and second time I was right (maybe a TINY bit long) and it kicked all the way down there, haha. That is a fun track though. The guy in the clubhouse was talking about back in the day where they'd play their first ball off the tee on 13, and then play a closest to the pin for beers... off the rock face behind the green, hahaha.

Hopefully this conference will happen in Nashville again so I can try Hermitage or Towhee!

If you're ever in Nashville and find yourself unable to get a tee-time, Old Fort in Murfreesboro has a "walk-up" singles policy. You might have to wait a while, but they'll generally get you out within an hour or so.

I haven't played that one yet. Played Indian Hills once. It's a long drive for me coming from Lebanon. Definitely want to give it a try.

ended up playing Gaylord Springs today... sprinkles when I teed off, and then holes 3, 4, 5, and 6 it was raining pretty hard. I was going to go back in, but then it cleared up... finished the round as a single in 3:11 taking my sweet time... got back in and decided to try to play the front again since the rain slowed down... and by hole #3, same deal.

hole #3 was rough, haha. Miss the green long and it kicks all the way down into the crap - first time I went over and it dribbled all the way down into the edge of the forest (not sure what to call it), and second time I was right (maybe a TINY bit long) and it kicked all the way down there, haha. That is a fun track though. The guy in the clubhouse was talking about back in the day where they'd play their first ball off the tee on 13, and then play a closest to the pin for beers... off the rock face behind the green, hahaha.

Hopefully this conference will happen in Nashville again so I can try Hermitage or Towhee!

I don't think they allow walking. I hate having to use a cart but be restricted to cart path only. I'm beginning to enjoy walking too much to want to use a cart anymore.

Back