I hope CJ can get through his injury. I would love to see Portland get the 8th seed and stick it to the Lakers.

Wow, did CJ ever answer the bell in the play in game. That was an incredible basketball game. I would love to see the Trailblazers take out the Lakers.

Sixers game goes just as you’d expect. Turnovers everywhere and nobody with a strong enough game to get the win. Meanwhile the Celtics only need to play a 2 man game to put up points. Lots of money spent for minimal results.

Sixers game goes just as you’d expect. Turnovers everywhere and nobody with a strong enough game to get the win. Meanwhile the Celtics only need to play a 2 man game to put up points. Lots of money spent for minimal results.
I was SO wrong on the Sixers for years. I thought Embiid and Simmons would grow and eventually be able to take over. That even though we don’t have a good coach (I think Brett Brown is average to a little above average) that we could still contend for multiple championships over time.

The Sixers are now just the same team they were when they had Iverson. A team that will always get in the playoffs, but never be a real contender. The process, as we called it, was a complete failure. Mostly due to incredibly poor drafting and poor construction of a team around Embiid.

They will fire Brett Brown hopefully. Then waste another year with a new coach trying to get Simmons to learn to shoot. Never going to happen as Simmons is just too soft and doesn’t have that drive to win.

Then they will probably start dismantling the team and trade Simmons for a box of Donuts as by then the league will realize he is nothing more then an average player that is only good on a complete team.

Back to the basement for the Sixers. Shame, but hey we have the Flyers to look forward too.

Domination tonight against the Nets. Wasn’t expecting anything less.

I was SO wrong on the Sixers for years. I thought Embiid and Simmons would grow and eventually be able to take over. That even though we don’t have a good coach (I think Brett Brown is average to a little above average) that we could still contend for multiple championships over time.

The Sixers are now just the same team they were when they had Iverson. A team that will always get in the playoffs, but never be a real contender. The process, as we called it, was a complete failure. Mostly due to incredibly poor drafting and poor construction of a team around Embiid.

They will fire Brett Brown hopefully. Then waste another year with a new coach trying to get Simmons to learn to shoot. Never going to happen as Simmons is just too soft and doesn’t have that drive to win.

Then they will probably start dismantling the team and trade Simmons for a box of Donuts as by then the league will realize he is nothing more then an average player that is only good on a complete team.

Back to the basement for the Sixers. Shame, but hey we have the Flyers to look forward too.
I am reserving judgement against everyone except Brown and maybe Brand. After last year I wanted Brown gone, but wrote it off as a knee jerk reaction since he didn’t have much time to establish a rotation. Now I’m ready to move on if they think they have the right fit. But ownership/Brand need to stop star hunting or whatever it is they’re doing and put together a team that can play together. We’re still a surprisingly young team with loads of potential. On any given day we can be the best team in the league, but we don’t have enough of those days.

Weak ejection on Porzingis last night. I like some chippiness in the playoffs! Wasn’t enough from the Sixers for my liking.

Weak ejection on Porzingis last night. I like some chippiness in the playoffs! Wasn’t enough from the Sixers for my liking.
I agree, but I think if games are in home/away arenas that reaction to the block shot foul is not called.... same with the T on Paul George.... guys react after what they perceive is a bad call and its one of the other officials that ends up calling the tech as they look at the reaction.... in the bubble, refs should be instructed to look at the ground for 5 seconds after the whistle.... ;)

Who had the Bucks down 0-1 to the Magic?

Super weak ejection on the Zinger. Both techs were weak sauce and you can't give him the second one in a close payoff game.

I’m looking forward to this season. Also looking forward to following this China thing. You can’t sensor one player for thoughts, but allow another like Lebron to use social media as a political microphone.

Isn’t it interesting, the way that this has turned out? The China criticism was squelched completely. The platform for political statements is as big as the Jerry West logo.

Who had the Bucks down 0-1 to the Magic?
Not me, but my younger son called it a couple days ago said Milwaukee would lose opener and then go down 2-1 but hasn’t called outright winner.... yet... will press him on his prediction

Portland with clutch threes dropping from everywhere in the 4th. Wow!

There must be a glitch. How do you stop this?!

There must be a glitch. How do you stop this?!

That game was crazy. Dude just pulls up from 35 like he is shooting a mid-range number. I’ll be home for the rest of the week so I’m looking forward to non-stop basketball.

Is Donovan Mitchell becoming a real superstar right before our eyes in the bubble?

Is Donovan Mitchell becoming a real superstar right before our eyes in the bubble?
He is playing phenomenal. I think a few players are really benefiting from not having to travel, and not having to play in hostile opponent environments. It’s like an AAU setup. I also think it has really helped some of the distance shooters. Look at Mitchell, Lillard, Duncan Robinson, Porter Jr., etc.

It is so hard to watch the Sixers knowing how we should have drafted Tatum and for some reason we had to have Fultz. Tatum is the best player on the floor and has developed into a superstar. Something Simmons will never be. Tatum right now is better than Embiid.

With all the tanking and resources the Sixers acquired and next year we will be looking for a new coach and probably a 7/8 seed at best. Such a disappointment

It is so hard to watch the Sixers knowing how we should have drafted Tatum and for some reason we had to have Fultz. Tatum is the best player on the floor and has developed into a superstar. Something Simmons will never be. Tatum right now is better than Embiid.

With all the tanking and resources the Sixers acquired and next year we will be looking for a new coach and probably a 7/8 seed at best. Such a disappointment
I don’t want to pile on, but overall the last two seasons have been a disappointment. The high water mark was their playoff series win over the Heat. Josh Richardson has been the only other productive player alongside Embiid, and even that is bittersweet since he was effectively exchanged for Jimmy Butler. Tobias Harris plays anti-defense, and it’s a huge liability on the wing.

I was really hoping they pulled it out this series and we went on to a Heat/Sixers conference finals (long shot, I know) because that rivalry has been fun. During normal times, I usually go to the Heat/Sixers games down here. Always a blast.

Can we fire Brett Brown mid-series?

Can we fire Brett Brown mid-series?
I wonder if the Sixers don’t fire Brown the day after they lose this series will Sixers fans revolt. 😂

Just imagine if the Sixers decided to keep Brown another year. Oh my.

I don’t want to pile on, but overall the last two seasons have been a disappointment. The high water mark was their playoff series win over the Heat. Josh Richardson has been the only other productive player alongside Embiid, and even that is bittersweet since he was effectively exchanged for Jimmy Butler. Tobias Harris plays anti-defense, and it’s a huge liability on the wing.

I was really hoping they pulled it out this series and we went on to a Heat/Sixers conference finals (long shot, I know) because that rivalry has been fun. During normal times, I usually go to the Heat/Sixers games down here. Always a blast.
Not to pile on further, but the high water mark has been the same for almost 2 decades and beyond the 2-3 years of contention during AI, E. Snow, Mutumbo, McKie, G. Lynch roster and to me the gap is the same.... quality or at least very competitive starting 5 but bench needed big time! The process has stalled and they need to address front office / GM decisions in order to move forward.... too many on that roster that want to be the man (believe they are the man) but need to be the 'Robin' IMO.

I wonder if the Sixers don’t fire Brown the day after they lose this series will Sixers fans revolt. 😂

Just imagine if the Sixers decided to keep Brown another year. Oh my.
I regret stepping away from the fire Brown ledge after Kawhi’s 35 bounce shot went in. But I worry now that we’ve negotiated ourselves into a dead end with these trades and contracts.

I regret stepping away from the fire Brown ledge after Kawhi’s 35 bounce shot went in. But I worry now that we’ve negotiated ourselves into a dead end with these trades and contracts.
I truly think the only way out is to trade Simmons and anything we can do to get out of the garbage Harris and Horford contracts. We might have to take on bad contracts that are up earlier just to get out of the bad ones. It’s back to the drawing board. Shame too as we are going to waste Embiid’s career much like we did with Iverson.

Trey Burke came to play!

Back