Kind of scary, but hopefully nothing. Revised trade has Brooklyn adding $2.6M in cash to the Pacers.

Just one more message from God that he hates my Pacers...

Honestly hope everything is good. Indications are the the likelihood of this being life threatening are pretty small but certainly needs addressed. LeVert is a quality person & player.

Not unhappy Oladipo is on the way out. Can't believe the guy that seemed so grateful to get a new start here in 2017-18 lost his perspective so quickly. Very similar to the Paul George situation. Serious injury happens to a player whose career is ascending. Said player separates from the team environment to rehab and spends all his time with the entourage. Player quickly becomes a selfish diva...

:facepalm:

He thought he was going to be the next King in Cleveland, only to be passed over by a Prince.
That is exactly what I needed on this Monday!

The heat seem stuck in the mud right now. Hopefully health catches back up with them and they look like a team that can finish games.

Can we agree that we now both hate Brooklyn with the fury of 1000 suns? They have to be the most unlikeable team in the NBA at this point.

Kevin Durant is the most likable of the three. That’s all you need to know. And he is difficult to like just by himself. Now, it’s the Good, the Beard and the Weird in Brooklyn.

Dumb Lakers played like crap with terrible D, missed FTs and stupid turnovers to give a game away.

Big win for the warriors! Team is starting to click a little.

Big win for the warriors! Team is starting to click a little.
They played like they wanted to win. The Lakers played like they were trying to look cool

They played like they wanted to win. The Lakers played like they were trying to look cool

Couldn't have said it better myself. Warriors just played a lot harder down the stretch, and the Lakers offense got stagnant.

And Draymond looks a lot like his old self right now - Lakers were coasting while he was on the bench. When he got back on the floor in the 4th, things started going downhill for the Lakers.

Raptors and Warriors won tonight so I’m excited. Great play against solid opponents

Well **** apparently things were worth than they originally appeared and McCollum has a fracture in his foot. Would be the third time including college that he’s suffered a broken foot. To be reevaluated in 4 weeks.

Haha you’re not wrong. I feel like Lebron always plays like he wants to look like Jordan.

Nets playing well with Harden and Durant. We'll have to see what happens, if and when Kyrie returns. They still only play with one ball, so I'm not entirely certain that Kyrie and Harden can coexist in the same backcourt. Two ball dominant players who are used to being the primary ball handling guard.

Well **** apparently things were worth than they originally appeared and McCollum has a fracture in his foot. Would be the third time including college that he’s suffered a broken foot. To be reevaluated in 4 weeks.
I always hate to hear these types of things.

Warriors are fun. Will dive further in once football is over. Got a little of the 2014 feel before they were title contenders but were a ton of fun to watch.

The Jazz are putting up 3 point shots this year like never before. When they are moving the ball, they make a very high percentage and look pretty good. They are just crushing the Pels tonight. Do I dare hope that they are the third best team in the West?

It is starting to look like the West is much better than the East this year, which has been the case for quite a few years. The top three records reside in the West. 9 teams in the West have a record of .500 or better. Only 5 in the East do. The West has a winning record against East teams. I think the only team in the East that could win the championship is the Nets. Does anyone disagree?

It is starting to look like the West is much better than the East this year, which has been the case for quite a few years. The top three records reside in the West. 9 teams in the West have a record of .500 or better. Only 5 in the East do. The West has a winning record against East teams. I think the only team in the East that could win the championship is the Nets. Does anyone disagree?

West is certainly playing better at the top, has the two best teams who should be the top title favorites and should continue to tilt the scale when it comes to Best Records & winning %. Below that level and outside Philly & Utah it is a just complete scrum of teams with 7-9 wins in both conferences.

Definitely think the Bucks will be one of the teams that eventually separates themselves from the pack and with Giannis will IMO be considered a legit championship contender come playoff time. Maybe the Nets do too but just as likely it turns into a complete cluster bleep.

So much time left to go. Have Phoenix & Memphis really turned the corner? Are the Heat & Raptors really no longer solid 50-win (normal season) type teams? Also think injuries have and will continue to upset the "natural order" for the rest of the season...

No D in Brooklyn. If they want to be a championship team, they better try to play some D. The Cavs exposed the Nets donut 🍩 defense ( hole in the middle). The Nets couldn’t keep the Cavs from dominating in the paint for those two games. What are they going to do against good teams. Can’t hope to outscore them every game.

West is certainly playing better at the top, has the two best teams who should be the top title favorites and should continue to tilt the scale when it comes to Best Records & winning %. Below that level and outside Philly & Utah it is a just complete scrum of teams with 7-9 wins in both conferences.

Definitely think the Bucks will be one of the teams that eventually separates themselves from the pack and with Giannis will IMO be considered a legit championship contender come playoff time. Maybe the Nets do too but just as likely it turns into a complete cluster bleep.

So much time left to go. Have Phoenix & Memphis really turned the corner? Are the Heat & Raptors really no longer solid 50-win (normal season) type teams? Also think injuries have and will continue to upset the "natural order" for the rest of the season...
Giannis doesn’t look quite like his normal self. He is struggling at the free throw line, which is important, given his style of play. I love the young man. He is such a great story and showed immense loyalty to sign with the Bucks (although the Super Max is ample reward for that loyalty). I am not sure he has a well enough rounded game to take a team to a championship. I would love to be wrong.

No D in Brooklyn. If they want to be a championship team, they better try to play some D. The Cavs exposed the Nets donut 🍩 defense ( hole in the middle). The Nets couldn’t keep the Cavs from dominating in the paint for those two games. What are they going to do against good teams. Can’t hope to outscore them every game.
The Nets definitely have a long way to go. I don’t mind it at all when these “super teams,” which are nothing more than an extension of AAU team mentality, are humbled.

Of all of the NBA broadcast personalities, Shaq has to be the worst, and he is in a league of his own. The guy’s analysis is simplistic and shallow. He seems to think it is his role to hate on all post players. His interchange with Donovan Mitchell the other night has to be one of the most ill conceived and awkward sporting interview moments I can recall.

Is Donovan a superstar? No. Can he lead a team to a championship? As much as it pains me to say it since the Jazz are my team, likely not. He is only 6 feet and 6 foot shooting guards do not have a history of being one of the top five players in the league. However, Donovan is a model citizen. He is well spoken. He just donated somewhere around $15 million to charity. He does immense amounts of service here in our local community. He does not make everything about him. I truly believe that he tries to be a good young man and he is only 24 years old. In short, he is everything you would want your own son to become and an absolute model for what the NBA would want its stars to be. Then, Shaq thinks its his job to try to humiliate him on national tv. What a bozo!

Memphis has had 4 straight games postponed, but no new players in protocol.

Of all of the NBA broadcast personalities, Shaq has to be the worst, and he is in a league of his own. The guy’s analysis is simplistic and shallow. He seems to think it is his role to hate on all post players. His interchange with Donovan Mitchell the other night has to be one of the most ill conceived and awkward sporting interview moments I can recall.

Is Donovan a superstar? No. Can he lead a team to a championship? As much as it pains me to say it since the Jazz are my team, likely not. He is only 6 feet and 6 foot shooting guards do not have a history of being one of the top five players in the league. However, Donovan is a model citizen. He is well spoken. He just donated somewhere around $15 million to charity. He does immense amounts of service here in our local community. He does not make everything about him. I truly believe that he tries to be a good young man and he is only 24 years old. In short, he is everything you would want your own son to become and an absolute model for what the NBA would want its stars to be. Then, Shaq thinks its his job to try to humiliate him on national tv. What a bozo!
Didn't see any of this commentary, but to call his analysis simplistic is an understatement. IMO, Shaq is resentful of $$$ success of these current players as evident with beef with Rudy..... it just carries over to a lot of guys who are paid as 'superstar' talent, but probably more market driven superstars. Shaq, arguably one of the best big men ever only earned $280mm (ONLY :oops:) Max deals now start at 200 for 5 years and this eats at his ego.
TBO, I think Charles Barkley was a bit like this 15 years ago, but over time has come to terms with economics of the league.... he still hates on guys from time to time, but not as much or as often as Shaq (and focus for shaq is the Jazz, for now....)

Didn't see any of this commentary, but to call his analysis simplistic is an understatement. IMO, Shaq is resentful of $$$ success of these current players as evident with beef with Rudy..... it just carries over to a lot of guys who are paid as 'superstar' talent, but probably more market driven superstars. Shaq, arguably one of the best big men ever only earned $280mm (ONLY :oops:) Max deals now start at 200 for 5 years and this eats at his ego.
TBO, I think Charles Barkley was a bit like this 15 years ago, but over time has come to terms with economics of the league.... he still hates on guys from time to time, but not as much or as often as Shaq (and focus for shaq is the Jazz, for now....)
Spot on. It goes to show what gigantic egos so many of these guys have. I read that Shaq has a net worth of $400 million. He’s gotten his, even if his playing salary was not what current players make. Plus, he gets to be the clown for millions of viewers each week. All of it is not enough if a current player makes more than he.

Last edited:
Back