We are now about a quarter of a way through the schedule and developing a large enough sample to make some better judgments. Here are my top ten rankings for the last week in January:

1. Lakers
2. Clippers
3. Jazz
4. Sixers
5. Bucks
6. Celtics
7. Nuggets
8. Nets
9. Pacers
10. Raptors
10(b). Suns

Please feel free to tell me where I am wrong.

Last edited:
Players having most impactful season:

1. Nikola Jokic
2. Joel Embiid
3. Kevin Durrant
4. Anthony Davis
5. Kawhi Leonard
6. LeBron James
7. Jaylen Brown
8. Rudy Gobert (only if you recognize the defense is half of the game)
9. Damian Lillard
10. Luka Doncic

Players having most impactful season:

1. Nikola Jokic
2. Joel Embiid
3. Kevin Durrant
4. Anthony Davis
5. Kawhi Leonard
6. LeBron James
7. Jaylen Brown
8. Rudy Gobert (only if you recognize the defense is half of the game)
9. Damian Lillard
10. Luka Doncic

No argument with either list.

Having said that Myles Turner is starting to close the gap on Gobert. Only allowing 42% at the rim with over 10 opponent paint shots a game, #1 in all block categories, #2 in contested shots, top 10 in deflections etc. So disruptive inside and outside the paint night in and night out.

Rudy still wins though. Hard to argue that awesome defensive rating & net rating on top of his typical top end individual stats.

No argument with either list.

Having said that Myles Turner is starting to close the gap on Gobert. Only allowing 42% at the rim with over 10 opponent paint shots a game, #1 in all block categories, #2 in contested shots, top 10 in deflections etc. So disruptive inside and outside the paint night in and night out.

Rudy still wins though. Hard to argue that awesome defensive rating & net rating on top of his typical top end individual stats.
So many people, including Shaq, want to diss Rudy, but, depending on which data base you look (I use “Cleaningtheglass.com” because it excludes blowout minutes) the Jazz are the second best defensive team and the 5th best offensive team, the only team in the top five in both categories. With a team playing that well, somebody from the team should be on the list of most impactful players and I think Rudy is the most impactful player on the Jazz roster, although most would say that Donovan Mitchell is the team’s best player.

Hey, @BigDill or you other Miami fans, why has Butler not been playing?

Hey, @BigDill or you other Miami fans, why has Butler not been playing?
Rumor was COVID. But then it was injury from the short turn around and they are not rushing him back. But my money is on a combo of both.

Rumor was COVID. But then it was injury from the short turn around and they are not rushing him back. But my money is on a combo of both.
I really thought Miami would be a contender in the East. There’s still plenty of time and they have not had a full roster for much of the season thus far.

Sixers are 0-4 without Embiid and I am ready to trade Simmons for a used bandaid.

I really thought Miami would be a contender in the East. There’s still plenty of time and they have not had a full roster for much of the season thus far.
It’s so annoying. I have watched a few games and they look so different. But the good news is that they are going to let some fans in at games soon, so maybe things will normalize.

Wow, Sixers lose to the Pistons tonight.

Wow, Sixers lose to the Pistons tonight.
Let’s call them something else when Embiid isn’t on the floor. I’m open to ideas!

Hard to believe it’s been a year since the world lost Kobe. I still can’t wrap my head around it.

Sixers Lakers prime time tonight.

Thanks turned it on. Embid is tough, like his game.
Current favorite Philly athlete! He really looks to have brought it this season.

I DONT LIKE THE MORRIS BROS. But I am willing to give them a chance if the Sixers were ever to bring them in via free agency 😆

Down goes Embiid. Hard on the back. 🤬😭

Cavs are impressing me... maybe because im a homer... Meh!? oh well

Another fantastic collapse by the Sixers... at least LeBron gifted us free frosties 😒

Saved by Tobias Harris... whew

Back