I agree that unless he gets injured, LeBron will win MVP. I still think the Joker’s performance has been the most amazing. The guy is an incredible basketball player.
Yeah, he's amazing. Potentially best passing big man ... ever maybe. Sounds sacrilege when I type it but hard to think of who else if he plays another decade like this.

Yeah, he's amazing. Potentially best passing big man ... ever maybe. Sounds sacrilege when I type it but hard to think of who else if he plays another decade like this.

Best passing big man, I’ll give a name to consider. Arvydas Sabonis. He never played in the NBA until he was 30. Played for the Soviet Union and the Lithuania.

And his son was an NBA All Star in 2020.

Best passing big man, I’ll give a name to consider. Arvydas Sabonis. He never played in the NBA until he was 30. Played for the Soviet Union and the Lithuania.

He was an amazing player.

Donovan Mitchell looked like a superstar tonight and did it in front of Shaq, LOL. My streaking Jazz have now won 16 of their last 17. I always hate to get my hopes up, but I am getting my hopes Up.

Donovan Mitchell looked like a superstar tonight and did it in front of Shaq, LOL. My streaking Jazz have now won 16 of their last 17. I always hate to get my hopes up, but I am getting my hopes Up.
I like Mitchell... a lot.... he’s not going 6/13 from 3 most nights.... but he needs to show up in playoffs to be a superstar IMO

I like Mitchell... a lot.... he’s not going 6/13 from 3 most nights.... but he needs to show up in playoffs to be a superstar IMO
The funny thing is that in his rookie year, he did show up in the playoffs, basically outplaying Paul George, when the Jazz beat OKC in the first round. He wasn’t very good in the playoffs in his second year. However, last year, he was awesome in that first round series against Denver. It was in the artificial environment of the bubble, though. This is a big year for him, no doubt. I don’t think that the Jazz can beat the Lakers, but this is the best start in Jazz franchise history. Some of the roster is going to get old here real soon. You are right, he has to be a star in the playoffs and take his team at least to the conference finals If he wants to be considered a superstar.

If Kyrie needs help I hope he gets it. No question he’s talented.
My Hornets are so fun to watch. Melo needs a rim running athletic big. They have plenty of guards and a couple of experienced bugs to offer. The future is bright as long as MJ lets his GM do his thing.

Bill Walton is on line 2. Chuckling a bit. 😂

Unfortunately for me, I am old enough to remember Walton very well. So sad that his career was derailed by injury. He was an incredible passer, but I honestly think Bill would cede the best passing center podium to Jokic. Walton passed out of the post. He didn’t bring the ball out of the backcourt the way the the Joker does. Sabonis, Walton and Jokic all have a seat at that table, though.

Yeah, he was the one I would have at top.

I don't know if it too hard to conceive of a world where Joker passes Walton. Walton is a could've, should've, would've if he hadn't been hurt. He was on track to be one of the all time greats and then was hurt after 4 years and then was a backup. Can't include any guy with his type career as the best ever.

I don't know if it too hard to conceive of a world where Joker passes Walton. Walton is a could've, should've, would've if he hadn't been hurt. He was on track to be one of the all time greats and then was hurt after 4 years and then was a backup. Can't include any guy with his type career as the best ever.

Could not disagree more.
Lets not pretend that Jokic has been doing this in the NBA for decades. He's been in the league for 5 years roughly.

Unfortunately for me, I am old enough to remember Walton very well. So sad that his career was derailed by injury. He was an incredible passer, but I honestly think Bill would cede the best passing center podium to Jokic. Walton passed out of the post. He didn’t bring the ball out of the backcourt the way the the Joker does. Sabonis, Walton and Jokic all have a seat at that table, though.

And depending on who is doing the measuring, he is arguably the same height as Larry Bird.
They can label these current players at whatever position they want to though :ROFLMAO:

Could not disagree more.
Lets not pretend that Jokic has been doing this in the NBA for decades. He's been in the league for 5 years roughly.
Well, yeah. My initial statement said if he does this for another 10 years. If he gets hurt and his career ends or he has Walton career then he's not in the discussion. My very premise started with if he does the same thing he has done so far in 5 years for another 10 years.

Regardless Walton is not the answer to this question. He had a 4 year peak and then his career was derailed with injuries.

Only 4 teams in the east have an above .500 record. 8 teams in the west are above .500. West teams are beating east teams at a more than .600 winning percentage. It continues to baffle me why the west seems to field better teams and it has been this way for such a lengthy period of time.

Only 4 teams in the east have an above .500 record. 8 teams in the west are above .500. West teams are beating east teams at a more than .600 winning percentage. It continues to baffle me why the west seems to field better teams and it has been this way for such a lengthy period of time.
Not sure about the east as a whole, but the Sixers lost to the Blazers twice and allowed them to feast from 3. It’s been a real issue. Based on those two performances I’m not sure we see a competitive game between them and your Jazz. I mean I probably won’t see it regardless because it’s past my bedtime, but my point still stands.

It is baffling. But, most teams in the East seem to be mired in perpetual mediocrity. It's not only a lack of good teams; it's a lack of a serious championship contender. Even without LeBron and Kwahi, it seems that no team in the East has made the jump to assume the mantle. We keep waiting for the Bucks, Sixers and Celtics to take the step to be legitimate contenders, not only on paper.

Raptors are going to win the East. After all, they are playing home games in the City of Champions - Tampa.

Come on Sixers!

Well, yeah. My initial statement said if he does this for another 10 years. If he gets hurt and his career ends or he has Walton career then he's not in the discussion. My very premise started with if he does the same thing he has done so far in 5 years for another 10 years.

Regardless Walton is not the answer to this question. He had a 4 year peak and then his career was derailed with injuries.
I’m not sure your age, but after Walton’s “peak” he was still a fantastic passer including his 86 season with Boston, where it was a nightly highlight reel.

But also as mentioned, they can call Joker a C, he is as much of one as Bird was...and not nearly the passer (nor the post player, but for a different discussion )

Starting to feel concerned about the Sixers. They've plateaued but not at a high enough level. Suns are on great form though and Booker is phenomenal.

Starting to feel concerned about the Sixers. They've plateaued but not at a high enough level. Suns are on great form though and Booker is phenomenal.
Our perimeter defense has been poor, but our bench let us down today.

I’m not sure your age, but after Walton’s “peak” he was still a fantastic passer including his 86 season with Boston, where it was a nightly highlight reel.

But also as mentioned, they can call Joker a C, he is as much of one as Bird was...and not nearly the passer (nor the post player, but for a different discussion )
42. But that is the beauty of youtube and the NBA. Every game is out there in very quick watchable formats. Walton was very good. And should have been in discussion for greatest center ever if not for the injuries. But a guy that played 8 years riddled with injuries and never starting 65 isn't the answer for greatest ever anything. He potentially could have been. But he isn't the answer.

Jokic literally has played 62 fewer games than Walton. 406 vs 468. Again, to my original point, if he played another decade at this same level he might be in the discussion. He isn't now and I don't know if Jokic is the answer if he plays another decade.

Our perimeter defense has been poor, but our bench let us down today.
I was out playing golf so missed the game. The Suns are close to being really good IMO. Are they a 4 seed? I don’t think so. But they have proven. To be better than the 7-10 seed the pontificators keep pidgeon holing them.

they still suffer fromplaying down to lesser opponents(Re: Detroit).

I think they can get better and give the top seeds in the west a punchers chance in a series.

They’re better than glad to be in the playoffs team. After 10+ years in the wasteland, it’s so happy to say that.

Back