You are correct. They never suited uo together. Btw, Mitchell is only 6’1”. He is quite an athlete. The story is Donovan came in for a workout and the Jazz loved him at first glance. The GM warned if anybody said anything about him, they were fired. The Jazz went and got him.
6’1”.... 6’3” whatever.... Dude has made himself a very good pro! Love his game and attitude... although I don’t think he and Gobert like each other

With apologies to @BigDill, the four most disappointing teams so far this year are:

1. Celtics
2. Mavs
3. Nuggets
4. Heat

6’1”.... 6’3” whatever.... Dude has made himself a very good pro! Love his game and attitude... although I don’t think he and Gobert like each other
My only point about his height was how amazing he is. He is not a very tall player. If he were 6’6“, he would be an absolute superstar, imo. He is a better human being than he is a ball player. He and Gobert have made up. They are fine, now.

With apologies to @BigDill, the four most disappointing teams so far this year are:

1. Celtics
2. Mavs
3. Nuggets
4. Heat
With exception of Mavs the other 3 have the somewhat the same in common.... fewer offseason days than all other teams except Lakers

My only point about his height was how amazing he is. He is not a very tall player. If he were 6’6“, he would be an absolute superstar, imo. He is a better human being than he is a ball player. He and Gobert have made up. They are fine, now.
Like a winning cures everything fine or a hey let’s get something on DoorDash fine?

1. Celtics
2. Mavs
3. Nuggets
4. Heat
Mavs and Heat are playing good ball right now. I’m going to pay tomorrow for staying up to watch this Blazers / Nuggets game tonight.

Like a winning cures everything fine or a hey let’s get something on DoorDash fine?
It is pretty well documented here locally. They have talked about it. They actually have been very open and surprisingly self aware and mindful of what transpired. By all accounts, including their own, they had fully resolved their differences by the end of the bubble. I think that they now appreciate each other, genuinely. Are they going to be BFFs? I doubt it, but it is more than “winning cures everything.” It is very clear that they both recognize that they need each other to attain their goals.

With exception of Mavs the other 3 have the somewhat the same in common.... fewer offseason days than all other teams except Lakers
Good point... I particularly would agree that the Heat have suffered from hangover. However, the Celts have a core problem with Kemba. He is now one of the most inefficient offensive players in the league. His plus/minus is horrific. The Mavs and Nuggets lost core pieces that are biting them more than they imagined.

It is pretty well documented here locally. They have talked about it. They actually have been very open and surprisingly self aware and mindful of what transpired. By all accounts, including their own, they had fully resolved their differences by the end of the bubble. I think that they now appreciate each other, genuinely. Are they going to be BFFs? I doubt it, but it is more than “winning cures everything.” It is very clear that they both recognize that they need each other to attain their goals.
Glad to hear it! Would love to see a small market team win it all! Or the Sixers 😬

Good point... I particularly would agree that the Heat have suffered from hangover. However, the Celts have a core problem with Kemba. He is now one of the most inefficient offensive players in the league. His plus/minus is horrific. The Mavs and Nuggets lost core pieces that are biting them more than they imagined.
C’s never should have traded scary Terry Rozier.... Kemba was and still is overrated IMO.... playing without Marcus Smart is hurting them badly

1. Celtics
2. Mavs
3. Nuggets
4. Heat
Injuries and protocol have been rough on the Heat. Last year they were fortunate with the exception of Nunn, this year not so much. But things are looking up now, so maybe they will sneak into the playoffs. But I agree with your list.

I agree that Booker was worthy of being named an All Star, but whom do you think he should have displaced of those named?

Booker is now in. I came to ask should it matter that he has gotten twice due to injury of other all stars. But I’ll take this question on...

he should have gotten over Zion. Abd it’s not close. Booker wasleft out for years for the exact reason Zion should have not been. Zion has good numbers on a BAD team.
Booker is now the best player on the team with the 4th best record in the league. Yet him being left off once again. All the other “top” teams got two all stars. Yet Book got slighted again.

imo for a player the league wants to become a face of a franchise. Yet they have one in DBook.

I’mglad he’s a part of it. But the “knock “ on himfor years was “but the Suns suck”. Well....Zion and the pelts......

Case closed.

Last edited:
@Tenputt.... your Jazz are cooking the Lakers! I know its the NBA and there will be a run, but with the squad Lakers are running out there this could get ugly for Showtime

@Tenputt.... your Jazz are cooking the Lakers! I know its the NBA and there will be a run, but with the squad Lakers are running out there this could get ugly for Showtime
The truth is that without Anthony Davis, the Lakers are not very good because they cannot generate enough offense.

The truth is that without Anthony Davis, the Lakers are not very good because they cannot generate enough offense.
Lakers are not making shots..... not sure that comes from missing AD.... comes from dudes can't make open shots. Although Jazz D is legit!

Booker is now in. I came to ask should it matter that he has gotten twice due to injury of other all stars. But I’ll take this question on...

he should have gotten over Zion. Abd it’s not close. Booker wasleft out for years for the exact reason Zion should have not been. Zion has good numbers on a BAD team.
Booker is now the best player on the team with the 4th best record in the league. Yet him being left off once again. All the other “top” teams got two all stars. Yet Book got slighted again.

imo for a player the league wants to become a face of a franchise. Yet they have one in DBook.

I’mglad he’s a part of it. But the “knock “ on himfor years was “but the Suns suck”. Well....Zion and the pelts......

Case closed.
I am not sure that it isn’t close.

Zion: 25 ppg 6.8 rebounds 3 assists 26.65 PER .62 shooting efficiency

Booker: 24.8 ppg 3.8 rebounds 4.3 assists 18.37 PER .56 shooting efficiency

The traditional stats are close and the advanced stats weigh pretty heavily in Zion’s favor.

Leaving the debate aside, you point out the hypocrisy. Good players on bad teams are not often rewarded. However, Zion may be the current biggest draw for the NBA. Are they going to leave him off the team? Even though, the decision is left to the coaches, the cynical could easily argue the obvious double standard. Two equivalent players, which I would argue Booker and Zion are. The player form the bigger market or with the bigger name is almost always going to be rewarded.

Lakers are not making shots..... not sure that comes from missing AD.... comes from dudes can't make open shots. Although Jazz D is legit!
The Lakers are not a good shooting team, plain and simple. However, the Jazz are simply a damn good team, with the sum being greater than the parts, to use the old cliche. These are good times for Jazz fans.

The traditional stats are close and the advanced stats weigh pretty heavily in Zion’s favor.

Leaving the debate aside, you point out the hypocrisy. Good players on bad teams are not often rewarded. However, Zion may be the current biggest draw for the NBA. Are they going to leave him off the team? Even though, the decision is left to the coaches, the cynical could easily argue the obvious double standard. Two equivalent players, which I would argue Booker and Zion are. The player form the bigger market or with the bigger name is almost always going to be rewarded.
Let’s pull up all the years of stats that Book was left out before we calm not close.

the reason had been bad team...not all star. Yet now?????

Let’s pull up all the years of stats that Book was left out before we calm not close.

the reason had been bad team...not all star. Yet now?????
I hear you. Personally, I think All Stars should be determined for the year that they are being chosen, not for lifetime achievement. If the past should be considered, Mike Conley should be on the team ahead of Booker, Zion, Mitchell, and many others.

One thing that might be factored in, and you are free to disagree with me, is that Booker has had a mixed reputation around the League. I saw some games here in Utah where some of the knocks on Booker were on full display.

It’s tough to make the All Star team if you are a guard in the West. Almost all of the all NBA guard spots have been filled by Western Conference players for years. Again, go look at Mike Conley’s career and tell me the guy has not played like an All Star. All of that having been said, Booker is a great talent. The Suns are having a great year. He deserved to be an All Star and he is now, so it’s all good.

While l pseudo agree I would also argue that Booker has been hosed in past years just like D. Lillard has for most of his career with the justification being Lillard has not not been on a winning team. I know all these guys are great talents and individually great players, but individual performance and winning team should both be a consideration.
Fans vote comes down to name recognition... who's on my team and who's on SportsCenter highlights :ROFLMAO:

I hear you. Personally, I think All Stars should be determined for the year that they are being chosen, not for lifetime achievement. If the past should be considered, Mike Conley should be on the team ahead of Booker, Zion, Mitchell, and many others.

One thing that might be factored in, and you are free to disagree with me, is that Booker has had a mixed reputation around the League. I saw some games here in Utah where some of the knocks on Booker were on full display.

It’s tough to make the All Star team if you are a guard in the West. Almost all of the all NBA guard spots have been filled by Western Conference players for years. Again, go look at Mike Conley’s career and tell me the guy has not played like an All Star. All of that having been said, Booker is a great talent. The Suns are having a great year. He deserved to be an All Star and he is now, so it’s all good.
I agree with this.... Mike Conley was underrated in his prime and I don't think he gets the credit he deserves for his play now.... Jazz have benefitted from a guy who knows how to be a floor general and get guys in the right position.... yeah, big MC fan here

Edit: If Conley were 6'5" with same skill he would have been perennial All Star

Ya but....

Book has done more that Zion. Yet “coaches” voted him in.

the Conley debate is a much better one to have. He’s a killer in the clutch. Maybe more so than Book. And Zion is not even in that conversation.

Another game where the Jazz make more than 20 three point shots.

It was worth staying up late to watch Hornets beat the Suns. A 19 year old kid at point and he has no fear. Lots of UK on UK crime between Booker and Monk. Really excited about the Hornets. We get fans after the break. The Hive will be Alive. Booker is a professional scorer.

C’s never should have traded scary Terry Rozier.... Kemba was and still is overrated IMO.... playing without Marcus Smart is hurting them badly
The Hornets wore Kemba out.we did the same thing with Cam in the NFL.I kind of expected Terry to be like this. So much passion and now some maturity. Same with Monk.

Back