New England Members

Anyone know of any public grass driving ranges in the greater boston area?

Stone meadow in Lexington has grass tees available Monday-Thursday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Butternut Farm was in solid condition today. Great challenging track for a solid price.

Butternut Farm was in solid condition today. Great challenging track for a solid price.

How'd the walk treat you Friday?

How'd the walk treat you Friday?

Fired a 90 from the whites, wasn't on my A game though. I walked it, maybe not the most advisable from a first time perspective. Good, challenging course, I'd like another crack at it, probably from the tips and a good warmup.

What time did you play? I played there yesterday morning too. I'm a fan of that course. Not long but you need to be straight off the tee or else you're really scrambling. And I don't think I had a straight putt all day.

Playing now shaker hills today, hope it's in good shape.

Played a late round at Ridder yesterday. Nice shape but 45.00 walking is a little ridiculous.

Any of you guys Cc
C members? Im window shopping and considering joining an affordable one next season (young adult). Also has anyone been to thomson in north reading?

I hadn't heard of TCC until your post, but checking out the web site, it looks like a pretty good deal and nice course. It's rare to find a place with no initiation or dining fees.

Yes exactly. I am curious now I wouldnt join until next season but at that price and if they have a practice facility I would get my moneys worth before midway through the season.

Fired a 90 from the whites, wasn't on my A game though. I walked it, maybe not the most advisable from a first time perspective. Good, challenging course, I'd like another crack at it, probably from the tips and a good warmup.

Nice round. I should have warned you about walking there; it's impossible with those cliff tee's on 9 and 17 &18. My bad

Yes exactly. I am curious now I wouldnt join until next season but at that price and if they have a practice facility I would get my moneys worth before midway through the season.

A practice area would be awesome.

Nice round. I should have warned you about walking there; it's impossible with those cliff tee's on 9 and 17 &18. My bad

Finished with a birdie on 9...

I made the mistake on 17 if carrying my bag up... To say I was gassed on the tee shot is probably an understatement... Finished bogie bogie

I have a tee time for 4 at President's in Quincy at 2pm Friday, the 31st if anyone is interested.

I have a tee time for 4 at President's in Quincy at 2pm Friday, the 31st if anyone is interested.

Yup, I'm down for this!

I believe there is one but must confirm. Read something about it on yelp.

Stay away from thsree. Short, condos so Close to the fairways u actually aren't sure where the holes go .... Played it now and then...makes me laugh.

Grass area sort of sucks, it's small and never gets to recover. If u can, world cup driving range on the tyngsboro mass, Hudson nh line is great.

Talking about stone meadow range in Lexington. Wicked busy as well

Yes, was in a hurry before. Thomson cc. Seriously, it's stupid where the condos are. I was literally on a par 5 at the blue tees and saw so many condos I wondered if I was on a hole.

A lot of fairways are canted to the sides so everything runs off into the rough. But honestly....the condos.....you drive by in the cart and y can touch people's decks. I was jokingq that I was gonna grab a dog off smeones grill one day.

In that area try Kernwood or even Ferncroft.

Yes, was in a hurry before. Thomson cc. Seriously, it's stupid where the condos are. I was literally on a par 5 at the blue tees and saw so many condos I wondered if I was on a hole.

A lot of fairways are canted to the sides so everything runs off into the rough. But honestly....the condos.....you drive by in the cart and y can touch people's decks. I was jokingq that I was gonna grab a dog off smeones grill one day.

In that area try Kernwood or even Ferncroft.

True I was just considering it for next year consider I could get all the benefits of being a cc member for 1400 a year. Did you use the practice facilities how are they? Im a bad golfer i figure a practice facility at my will and being able to play couple rounds a week would beat what i currently have acsess to.

Played Allendale CC in Dartmouth yesterday, course is in pretty good shape and there's s number of holes that benefit long drivers (not me).

Front 9 was pretty busy but things opened up on the back. We finished in around 3:50 with a cart. We were behind 3 kids and a dad, all walking, on the front 9 which made the waits a bit worse.

Anyone want to try to get out for a round Friday? Thinking of taking the day off.

Anyone want to try to get out for a round Friday? Thinking of taking the day off.

See OITWs post from yesterday morning in here :)

Back