Welcome to THP!!

Nice to meet you!

Welcome to THP. Don't hesitate to jump right in.

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Hello everyone!

I joined a year ago, but didn't post until yesterday. I'm what you call a "Serial Lurker" :D Actually, it's more like "keep your mouth shut and learn a lot". I took up the game last summer after being told by my doc that I could no longer run or play hockey due to my knee (osteoarthritis and some missing cartilage). I took a few lessons locally this summer but wasn't very happy, the stance they had me in was literally painful and thought it was funny when I told them that, so I tend to read a lot online, buy videos, watch YouTube, etc.

I don't get out a lot with two kids in the house and all their activities, but when I do go I have a lot of fun, with my best round so far being a 98. I have a 9 hole course 2 minutes away from me, and a number of nice courses all within about a 25 minute drive of me here in southeastern MA, so I'm not wanting for places to play. Just time!!! Some good friends of mine are avid golfers as well, so we have a good time out there, but I've had fun and learned a lot by heading out on my own as well.

Right now it's cold and snowy and disgusting, so I make up for lack of playing with lots of forum reading and eBay watching :D

Welcome to paradise! I'm just down the road in Tiverton and would love to get a round in next summer. Where do you usually play? I've been fortunate enough to be over at Montaup for several years, but usually venture out to Seekonk, Newport National, Pine valley, and a few others. KJeep in touch and enjoy your time here at THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to paradise! I'm just down the road in Tiverton and would love to get a round in next summer. Where do you usually play? I've been fortunate enough to be over at Montaup for several years, but usually venture out to Seekonk, Newport National, Pine valley, and a few others. KJeep in touch and enjoy your time here at THP!

Nice! I have Hawthorne CC 2 minutes from me in Dartmouth, so I play there a lot. I also play Rochester often. Last year I played a 9 hole in Seekonk, but I'm spacing out on the name. I'd definitely be up for a round!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Glad you're jumping in!

Nice! I have Hawthorne CC 2 minutes from me in Dartmouth, so I play there a lot. I also play Rochester often. Last year I played a 9 hole in Seekonk, but I'm spacing out on the name. I'd definitely be up for a round!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I haven't played either of those yet. We will certainly play when the weather breaks.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Welcome to THP! Many current and former hockey players call this place home, myself included.

Welcome aboard. Jump right in!!

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Welcome welcome!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

serial lurking... Sounds cool :cool:

and then my Dad said, "well aren't you just buckets of fish guts"

Welcome to THP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:welcome:

Back