russtopher

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Band
Hello everyone!

I joined a year ago, but didn't post until yesterday. I'm what you call a "Serial Lurker" :D Actually, it's more like "keep your mouth shut and learn a lot". I took up the game last summer after being told by my doc that I could no longer run or play hockey due to my knee (osteoarthritis and some missing cartilage). I took a few lessons locally this summer but wasn't very happy, the stance they had me in was literally painful and thought it was funny when I told them that, so I tend to read a lot online, buy videos, watch YouTube, etc.

I don't get out a lot with two kids in the house and all their activities, but when I do go I have a lot of fun, with my best round so far being a 98. I have a 9 hole course 2 minutes away from me, and a number of nice courses all within about a 25 minute drive of me here in southeastern MA, so I'm not wanting for places to play. Just time!!! Some good friends of mine are avid golfers as well, so we have a good time out there, but I've had fun and learned a lot by heading out on my own as well.

Right now it's cold and snowy and disgusting, so I make up for lack of playing with lots of forum reading and eBay watching :D

Welcome to THP

Welcome!!!

KG

Just Tapping Away

Welcome!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to THP!!!!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome

Thanks so much everyone!! Happy to be here.

Well, I'd be happier with 70 degree weather and sunshine, but since I can't have THAT right now...

Welcome!

:welcome: sounds like you need a new golf instructor, one who laughs when you tell them you are in pain is not my idea of an good instructor. Good luck and glad you have decided to jump in after your serial lurking.

A Belated Welcome!!

welcome to the team!

Welcome to THP!

:welcome: sounds like you need a new golf instructor, one who laughs when you tell them you are in pain is not my idea of an good instructor. Good luck and glad you have decided to jump in after your serial lurking.

Yeah I stopped after that lesson. The laughter wasn't mean spirited at all, it came alongside the comment "oh golf is SUPPOSED to be uncomfortable, if you're not feeling something somewhere, you're not doing it right!" That let me know it was time to stop lessons with that instructor. They did really help out a LOT with my grip and takeaway, so it certainly wasn't wasted time. But I'm not intentionally doing something that's painful, and when my comments were shrugged off, it was time to move on.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP, glad you joined.

Welcome to THP. Nice to have another hockey fella here as well!!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to thp

Welcome to THP! Glad you're posting now

Back