New PGA Tour Enterprises

Here's confirmation on the 15 event minimum. Also some info on the equity guys are getting in the new venture. Some obvious tiers, the stars get the big share and some older stars that no longer play are getting cut in as well.

So some get roughly 20 mil while others get a half mil.

Yikes, seems the divide continues. Greggs phone could be ringing off the hook about now.

Yikes, seems the divide continues. Greggs phone could be ringing off the hook about now.
I don’t think those on the half a mil list would be at the top of Gregg’s recruitment wish list. That’s the reality of all of this I think. The big guys will get the lions share of the dough in either or any league arrangement.

I don’t think those on the half a mil list would be at the top of Gregg’s recruitment wish list. That’s the reality of all of this I think. The big guys will get the lions share of the dough in either or any league arrangement.
Perhaps, but on one tour you know exactly what ya get as you are under contract. On the other, you are hoping you fall into the right group. The qualifications listed for group 1 sickens me as that PIP results part has buddy system written all over it and is completely subjective IMO.

There should be no doubt that many of the tour players, most of whom will not fall into group 1 status, are the future of the tour. Some of those guys are likely already on Greggs recruitment wish list, and if not they will be soon. Way too much young talent out there to think otherwise IMO.

So it seems when Tiger took a seat at the board the PIF negotiations started to stall and the SSG negotiations began to ramp up.

Tiger has a long-time working relationship with SSG including their investment into TGL.

Tiger wants no part of PIF contrary to his press conference rhetoric of “hoping to reach a deal with PIF by the end of the year”

Reading Yasir’s response to the SSG deal it seems PGAT and PIF are farther apart than ever and each side is just going to go forward with their own product.

So basically other than Majors we fans are not going to get the best players in the world competing against each other.

The divide seems bigger than ever at this point. Sad.

Saudis aren’t exactly helping….

Saudis aren’t exactly helping….

The difference is the Saudis want a deal but don't trust Congress. Tiger on the other hand just doesn't want any deal between the PGAT and PIF.

After listening to Jordan, JT, and Scottie this week it seems they all just care about themselves and not what's best for Pro golf and the fans as a whole.
They all got very arrogant and vocal after the SSG signing but were eating humble pie before the signing.

The difference is the Saudis want a deal but don't trust Congress. Tiger on the other hand just doesn't want any deal between the PGAT and PIF.

After listening to Jordan, JT, and Scottie this week it seems they all just care about themselves and not what's best for Pro golf and the fans as a whole.
They all got very arrogant and vocal after the SSG signing but were eating humble pie before the signing.
So it’s not ok for TW and others not to trust the Saudis but Congress should trust a foreign power taking over an American professional league that doesn’t want anything reviewed about the deal?

So it’s not ok for TW and others not to trust the Saudis but Congress should trust a foreign power taking over an American professional league that doesn’t want anything reviewed about the deal?

Do you have any idea how many American companies and American governments PIF has investments with?

So it's okay for America to sell weapons and buy oil from the Saudis but when it comes to an investment NOT a takeover of golf well then they can't be trusted. :ROFLMAO: Congress is a joke and the whole world knows it.

Funny, Tiger never had a problem taking Saudi money in the past but of course that was before he became a billionaire.

I just found it funny how certain PGAT players did get a little smug after the SSG signing that Tiger had no problem negotiating with his billionaire buddies.

I accepted and am resorted that there will never be any deal and both products will go it alone and Pro golf will remain divided. Sad.

Do you have any idea how many American companies and American governments PIF has investments with?

So it's okay for America to sell weapons and buy oil from the Saudis but when it comes to an investment NOT a takeover of golf well then they can't be trusted. :ROFLMAO: Congress is a joke and the whole world knows it.

Funny, Tiger never had a problem taking Saudi money in the past but of course that was before he became a billionaire.

I just found it funny how certain PGAT players did get a little smug after the SSG signing that Tiger had no problem negotiating with his billionaire buddies.

I accepted and am resorted that there will never be any deal and both products will go it alone and Pro golf will remain divided. Sad.

You want to really go that road as far as smug? DJ is completely delusional. Guy married a Gretzky and whined to everyone that he had to go to LIV because he thought he couldn’t financially support himself. Sergio threw a temper at the last event before joining LIV then went on weeks of smug tirades about ditching the pga. Should I even get started on some certain players on LIV that have done nothing but stirred the pot since they got there? Please pretend the LIV golfers haven’t acted smug as heck over making money and playing less. Seriously DJ literally just went infront of mics to brag about not practicing anymore the other day.

I think it’s hilarious you don’t question a foreign power that has had serious human rights issues suddenly doing a take over of an American league simply because you want to see certain players compete. No less when they don’t want anything about the deal looked into. I guess if Russia puts a bid in for the NFL tomorrow you’ll be cool with it no questions asked? Please drop the oil stuff. Barely any oil America uses comes from there. it’s such a lazy argument. Also I’m not sure how you don’t understand foreign relations here. We do business with certain countries because the alternate is them doing business with dangerous nations. It’s picking the lesser of evils. Also if you followed soccer you know UK‘s parliament has been on edge with Saudi take overs of the soccer teams and it’s still not resolved.

If they want to make it more watchable cut down on the commercials and playing thru nonsense. The Golf Channel especially is almost unwatchable now
Agree..

I doubt many of the PGA players outside the Top 36 were happy about that equity breakdown. Haven't heard any PGA players making their opinions public about it, but I'm sure there will be some soon.

When the Tour says “equity” do they mean an ownership stake in the tour or do they mean money (only)?

What does the Tour do when the money is gone? This doesn’t seem sustainable. They will need to generate / raise more money eventually. New investors would be fools to invest if they see the tour can’t generate the revenues. If the tour had a plan to generate the revenues organically they wouldn’t need these investors. It seems like a short term play to stunt the PIL.

Add to this the recent comments by Scheffler about players having to “pay” (or whatever) to return from LIV to play on the PGA tour and it just seems like the original “Kumbaya” storyline of LIV/PGA coming together is dead. That deal bought the Tour time from the lawsuits to find investors, and that’s about all.

Everybody knows many of the tour players make pretty nice coin. I am wondering how much loyalty does 20 mil buy if you are a group 1 guy? Are the guys in the other groups all that giddy about a half or even a cool mil?

Wonder what happens if a guy loses his group status? Does the tour say sorry bro, it wasn’t vested as you didn’t reach the maturity date, good luck on the korn ferry tour.

There is however some comfort in knowing they can’t take away your legacy.

When the Tour says “equity” do they mean an ownership stake in the tour or do they mean money (only)?

What does the Tour do when the money is gone? This doesn’t seem sustainable. They will need to generate / raise more money eventually. New investors would be fools to invest if they see the tour can’t generate the revenues. If the tour had a plan to generate the revenues organically they wouldn’t need these investors. It seems like a short term play to stunt the PIL.

Add to this the recent comments by Scheffler about players having to “pay” (or whatever) to return from LIV to play on the PGA tour and it just seems like the original “Kumbaya” storyline of LIV/PGA coming together is dead. That deal bought the Tour time from the lawsuits to find investors, and that’s about all.
It looks like what they mean is a percentage of the equity is reserved for players and the profit sharing each year paid to that % of ownership will be divvied to the players based on how they performed that year. So a certain player does not own equity outright, but the current active players at any given time own the equity and are rewarded from it based on their performance in that year.

This gives an interesting way to "punish" LIV players I think. Just make any player returning from LIV ineligible from life from ever being included in the equity.

Back