JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Just sent to the players.

GFLZWhgasAEMdXB.jpeg
GFLZWhgbgAAHRnU.jpeg

Have to imagine that $$$$ pool gets stepped off based on placement and ranking?

Also, trying to wrap my head around how or even if this impacts LIV players at all seeing as I don't think it's addressed. Even in the slightest lol

I'll admit I don't understand a lot of this and need an 'Explain it to me like I'm 5 years old'.

Interested GIF by Nick Cannon

RIP pga tour..

How the F does Jay still have a job?!!

John Henry talks of the "expansive growth potential of the PGA Tour". I don't know what growth potential means in this context as I initially see this venture as a vehicle to put even more money into the pockets of select PGA Tour players. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but this, like LIV, is about money. Enough of the use of the word"grow". They're not looking to grow anything other than a select few people's bank accounts :LOL:.

Also, trying to wrap my head around how or even if this impacts LIV players at all seeing as I don't think it's addressed. Even in the slightest lol
I think that would putting the cart waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy before the horse. I think that will have to come from any agreement reached with PIF.

PIG/LIV will step in and buy the DPWT who is getting nothing from this deal.

I don't know what this means, but seems like a big step in some direction.

John Henry talks of the "expansive growth potential of the PGA Tour". I don't know what growth potential means in this context as I initially see this venture as a vehicle to put even more money into the pockets of select PGA Tour players. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but this, like LIV, is about money. Enough of the use of the word"grow". They're not looking to grow anything other than a select few people's bank accounts :LOL:.

Exactly my thoughts too, i mentioned in the other thread but this seems no different than public companies offering their senior execs and management shares as incentives. This is done by many companies and is a generally accepted practice.

But , this is really what LIV started (guaranteed payouts for top guys) and is about the money more than anything. Which is fine, a lot of us like making money.

So when the next young star is offered a bunch of shares in PGA Tour Enterprises to not go to LIV....just cool it everyone with the "we only eat what we kill over here"

LOL

I like everyone else, I think, just want to see the best players in the world compete together on a regular or semi-regular basis. I hope the money does increase purses and increase the value/showcase of designated events, but I'm waiting to see Rory and Rahm competing against each other again most weeks in addition to the majors.

On a slightly related note, we watched a good amount of the LPGA last weekend and did not watch the DP World Tour, I mean PGA at Farmers last week in favor of my wife's Amazing Race dvr episodes. I watched the highlights and enjoy great golf regardless of who is playing, but my wife's interest wanes if she doesn't know any of the players. This week is a perfect combination of a breathtaking historic venue and some big names. LIV will be interesting the next two weeks at beautiful Mayakoba and then Vegas.

They are still working with the Saudis for a potential partnership agreement, correct? How does this affect that?

Supposedly the PGA is still in negotiations with the PIF, but you have to think that this deal with SSG first is not going to please the PIF much. So, I think this deal is going to get the PIF to go after more PGA players.

What in the world could possibly go wrong here? 😂

They are still working with the Saudis for a potential partnership agreement, correct? How does this affect that?
My guess is no, but what do I know?

Back