JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Applying proven face technologies to the score-lowering performance of its standard-setting designs, PING introduced six new PING Putter models today, each engineered to achieve the ideal combination of feel and forgiveness in a confidence-inspiring look.

The new designs expand the PING Putter line to 16 models, consisting of high moment-of- inertia blades and ultra-forgiving, multi-material mid-mallets and mallets. The new Anser 2, Anser D, B60, Tyne H, Fetch and Ketsch G are available for pre-order beginning today at authorized PING golf shops around the world. Each model can be custom fit for stroke type, length, lie, loft and grip type.

“The PING Putter line combines modern design advancements with the proven technologies that helped PING set the standard in putter design 65 years ago,” said John K. Solheim, PING CEO and President. “In this line, our engineers took a more individual approach with our most popular models, applying variations of our score-lowering innovations like perimeter weighting and optimized center of gravity placement while further differentiating them through face technology and alignment features.

“It’s a very diverse offering but the one thing they all have in common is they offer precision performance on putts of every length. Golfers will have an easy time matching a model to fit their putting style, preferred alignment cues and desired feel.”

A Model To Fit Every Golfer
Golfers can choose from high-MOI blades, mid-mallets and mallets differentiated by face technology, alignment aids and finish. Traditional blades include the Anser 2, a major-winning model originally designed by PING founder Karsten Solheim, and the tour-influenced Anser D. The B60, another of Karsten’s major-winning designs that was introduced in 1979, returns to the PING lineup with a precision-milled face. The Tyne H, combining the original Tyne with an Anser hosel, and the popular Fetch (complete with its “gimme” ball-pickup feature) fit in the mallet category along with the Ketsch G, an easy-to-align, multi-material model engineered for maximum forgiveness. All three stroke types (Straight, Slight, Strong) are represented within the 16-model PING Putter selection.

Fit For Feel
From firm milled faces to soft-feeling inserts, the face technology is engineered based on feedback from our tour staff to match a variety of feel preferences and deliver control and consistency on putts of every length. In the six new additions to the line, four models (Anser 2, Anser D, B60, Tyne H) feature the firm feel of a shallowed milled face and two (Fetch, Ketsch G) provide the soft feel of a PEBAX insert.

Aligned For Success
The new putters offer different alignment solutions to fit the eye of a variety of golfers, including single alignment cues or multiple lines to improve accuracy and inspire confidence. The use of a glare-diffusing raw blast finish in four models and black PVD in the other two provides enhanced contrast to assist in alignment and create a premium appearance. For golfers who prefer the influence of the darker look with white sight lines, the Ketsch G and Tyne H will best fit their eye. The Anser 2, Anser D, B60 and Fetch feature the striking raw blast finish with contrasting black alignment lines.

Model descriptions and specifications
Anser 2 (U.S. MSRP: $250)

Like the timeless Anser, heel-toe weighting provides stability and forgiveness though in a slightly longer and narrower profile. Its shallow milled face ensures a firmer response and consistent roll. The ball-width cavity, sharper ballasts and clean geometry all offer alignment cues in this model featuring a new glare-diffusing raw blast finish.

Anser D (U.S. MSRP: $250)
Tour pros were consulted in creating this model with a deeper (“D”) profile as a hybrid between the Anser blade and a mallet design; the extra mass is useful in stabilizing the stroke for maximum forgiveness. The shallow milled face ensures a firmer response and consistent roll. A new glare-diffusing raw blast finish contributes to the eye-pleasing visuals.

B60 (U.S. MSRP: $250)
The B60, a longtime PING fan favorite, is back with a shallow milled face that ensures a firmer response and consistent roll. Golfers are familiar with the thin top rail with rounded ballasts, contoured shaping and center alignment line in this balanced, forgiving model. Also new is the glare-diffusing raw blast finish.

Tyne H (US MSRP $250
The twin-fork design is paired with an Anser hosel to provide multiple alignment cues and help square the putter at impact. The shallow milled face ensures a firmer response and consistent roll. Perimeter weighting and an optimized CG position allow for balance, stability, forgiveness and accuracy. A ball-width cavity and contrasting white alignment line promote confident aiming.

Fetch (U.S. MSRP: $250)
A dual-density PEBAX face insert delivers a soft feel on shorter putts and a stable feel on longer lag putts. Made putts are easy to retrieve using the sole cutout that’s not only handy – it creates discretionary mass we use to increase MOI and forgiveness. Fetch fans laud the more compact profile as easy to aim. Ball-width alignment lines and a new glare-diffusing raw blast finish aid in the process.

Ketsch G (U.S. MSRP: $300)
Its aluminum body and stainless steel sole plate pair with an optimized CG to create extreme forgiveness and stability. The dual-density PEBAX face insert delivers a soft feel on shorter putts and a stable feel on longer lag putts. The ball pickup feature on the sole is more than convenient – it allows for redistributing mass to increase MOI. A trio of contrasting sight lines frame the ball to simplify alignment.

PING_2024_Putters_Lifestyle_Group.jpg

eh. Callaway and Cobra have them beat out this year.

the raw blast finish looks nice, not a ton else to get excited about tech wise

Seems like more and more companies are going with a design like the "fetch" that you can use to snag the ball out of the cup. Interesting.

eh..

Meh Manny Santiago GIF by UFC

eh. Callaway and Cobra have them beat out this year.
I think beat is putting it kindly. These do not look good to me at all. Especially the Fetch and Ketsch.

The Anser D could be interesting.

They look OK. But the one thing you can always rely on with PING putters is that you are getting a proper tool for the job. Their R&D is second to none.

I like the look

This is a press release

Applying proven face technologies to the score-lowering performance of its standard-setting designs, PING introduced six new PING Putter models today, each engineered to achieve the ideal combination of feel and forgiveness in a confidence-inspiring look.

The new designs expand the PING Putter line to 16 models, consisting of high moment-of- inertia blades and ultra-forgiving, multi-material mid-mallets and mallets. The new Anser 2, Anser D, B60, Tyne H, Fetch and Ketsch G are available for pre-order beginning today at authorized PING golf shops around the world. Each model can be custom fit for stroke type, length, lie, loft and grip type.

“The PING Putter line combines modern design advancements with the proven technologies that helped PING set the standard in putter design 65 years ago,” said John K. Solheim, PING CEO and President. “In this line, our engineers took a more individual approach with our most popular models, applying variations of our score-lowering innovations like perimeter weighting and optimized center of gravity placement while further differentiating them through face technology and alignment features.

“It’s a very diverse offering but the one thing they all have in common is they offer precision performance on putts of every length. Golfers will have an easy time matching a model to fit their putting style, preferred alignment cues and desired feel.”

A Model To Fit Every Golfer
Golfers can choose from high-MOI blades, mid-mallets and mallets differentiated by face technology, alignment aids and finish. Traditional blades include the Anser 2, a major-winning model originally designed by PING founder Karsten Solheim, and the tour-influenced Anser D. The B60, another of Karsten’s major-winning designs that was introduced in 1979, returns to the PING lineup with a precision-milled face. The Tyne H, combining the original Tyne with an Anser hosel, and the popular Fetch (complete with its “gimme” ball-pickup feature) fit in the mallet category along with the Ketsch G, an easy-to-align, multi-material model engineered for maximum forgiveness. All three stroke types (Straight, Slight, Strong) are represented within the 16-model PING Putter selection.

Fit For Feel
From firm milled faces to soft-feeling inserts, the face technology is engineered based on feedback from our tour staff to match a variety of feel preferences and deliver control and consistency on putts of every length. In the six new additions to the line, four models (Anser 2, Anser D, B60, Tyne H) feature the firm feel of a shallowed milled face and two (Fetch, Ketsch G) provide the soft feel of a PEBAX insert.

Aligned For Success
The new putters offer different alignment solutions to fit the eye of a variety of golfers, including single alignment cues or multiple lines to improve accuracy and inspire confidence. The use of a glare-diffusing raw blast finish in four models and black PVD in the other two provides enhanced contrast to assist in alignment and create a premium appearance. For golfers who prefer the influence of the darker look with white sight lines, the Ketsch G and Tyne H will best fit their eye. The Anser 2, Anser D, B60 and Fetch feature the striking raw blast finish with contrasting black alignment lines.

Model descriptions and specifications
Anser 2 (U.S. MSRP: $250)

Like the timeless Anser, heel-toe weighting provides stability and forgiveness though in a slightly longer and narrower profile. Its shallow milled face ensures a firmer response and consistent roll. The ball-width cavity, sharper ballasts and clean geometry all offer alignment cues in this model featuring a new glare-diffusing raw blast finish.

Anser D (U.S. MSRP: $250)
Tour pros were consulted in creating this model with a deeper (“D”) profile as a hybrid between the Anser blade and a mallet design; the extra mass is useful in stabilizing the stroke for maximum forgiveness. The shallow milled face ensures a firmer response and consistent roll. A new glare-diffusing raw blast finish contributes to the eye-pleasing visuals.

B60 (U.S. MSRP: $250)
The B60, a longtime PING fan favorite, is back with a shallow milled face that ensures a firmer response and consistent roll. Golfers are familiar with the thin top rail with rounded ballasts, contoured shaping and center alignment line in this balanced, forgiving model. Also new is the glare-diffusing raw blast finish.

Tyne H (US MSRP $250
The twin-fork design is paired with an Anser hosel to provide multiple alignment cues and help square the putter at impact. The shallow milled face ensures a firmer response and consistent roll. Perimeter weighting and an optimized CG position allow for balance, stability, forgiveness and accuracy. A ball-width cavity and contrasting white alignment line promote confident aiming.

Fetch (U.S. MSRP: $250)
A dual-density PEBAX face insert delivers a soft feel on shorter putts and a stable feel on longer lag putts. Made putts are easy to retrieve using the sole cutout that’s not only handy – it creates discretionary mass we use to increase MOI and forgiveness. Fetch fans laud the more compact profile as easy to aim. Ball-width alignment lines and a new glare-diffusing raw blast finish aid in the process.

Ketsch G (U.S. MSRP: $300)
Its aluminum body and stainless steel sole plate pair with an optimized CG to create extreme forgiveness and stability. The dual-density PEBAX face insert delivers a soft feel on shorter putts and a stable feel on longer lag putts. The ball pickup feature on the sole is more than convenient – it allows for redistributing mass to increase MOI. A trio of contrasting sight lines frame the ball to simplify alignment.

View attachment 9260299
That B60 looks good.

They look good.

at those price points i think they'll sell a lot of these in golf course pro shops and brick-and-mortar stores.

I'm somewhat interested in the B60. I have always enjoyed that shape.

I'm sure they'll sell a lot of them at those prices, but there's nothing there that excites me. The raw blast finish looks nice though.

This is not a needle mover for me. I’m sure these will sell well at that price in all of the brick and mortar shops.

Don't love it, don't hate it...think there's some better offerings out there this year for sure

I don’t need another B60. I don’t need another B60….

I’ve never had a B60 but that shape has always been interesting to me.

I gave my old one to @Scooby45 so I think maybe I do haha.
I still haven't torched it or gotten it re-finished. If you want it back as trade bait let me know.... with that raw finish I wouldn't complain

I still haven't torched it or gotten it re-finished. If you want it back as trade bait let me know.... with that raw finish I wouldn't complain
Nah, it's all yours.

Nothing overly stands out. Be curious to try but not a needle mover for me at the moment.

I gave my old one to @Scooby45 so I think maybe I do haha.
I lost one when I broke up with an old girlfriend who was wanting to take up golf. It was in her bag and my old beloved A1 was at her apt to putt across the living room. I miss those putters. I still have my dad’s old bronze B60.

Back