New UST Mamiya LINQ for 2022

est complete. I warmed up and felt completely loose. To try and eliminate any variables I alternated shots and swing at a “normal” golf swing without any excess jumping to alter speed numbers.

Ping: 115, 111, 119, 113, 117

UST driven Callaway: 115, 115, 118, 116, 114

I lost nothing! I gained golfing consistency!!!!!!
As a guy who chased a 113-115 gaming speed as a goal, this makes me very happy.

So I went after the UST as much as I could with a foam ball in front of me to make sure it was a golf swing. I got to 122mph. It’s all maintenance from here.

est complete. I warmed up and felt completely loose. To try and eliminate any variables I alternated shots and swing at a “normal” golf swing without any excess jumping to alter speed numbers.

So I went after the UST as much as I could with a foam ball in front of me to make sure it was a golf swing. I got to 122mph. It’s all maintenance from here.
You make me want to go to the Black! QF4 is nice, but i want to see what I can do with the Black again.

Impressive speed!

You make me want to go to the Black! QF4 is nice, but i want to see what I can do with the Black again.
Once you……. ………… …….I’ll see myself out now 🤓

When I walk up to the first tee with the black in the driver this weekend:

The black I was fit into just continues to impress me. As others have mentioned, you can really go after it, or ease back and get great results. In the past I've had driver shafts that if you really went after it, you paid for it in terrible dispersion. And also ones that if you tried to swing easy, you'd not get great results. This Lin-Q Black lets me do both with great results.

The black I was fit into just continues to impress me. As others have mentioned, you can really go after it, or ease back and get great results. In the past I've had driver shafts that if you really went after it, you paid for it in terrible dispersion. And also ones that if you tried to swing easy, you'd not get great results. This Lin-Q Black lets me do both with great results.
Thats what I’ve found in testing. It just stays with me. I have a bad habit of patting my driver out there instead of letting it go, and this allows that and letting it go. Or least that’s my theory. Fingers crossed that holds this weekend.

I’m firmly a UST guy. Lin-Q blue is such a good shaft.

Going to try some my self. Just got purple and ordered Gunmetal. I personally like UST shafts as I played them in the past. Attas MK, Element Earth, Chrome, and few others. Want to try out the LinQ M40X White.
The make some really great shafts in general and overall price is very very reasonable.

Repost:
Ok - I have a LIN-Q M40X RED 5F4 incoming.
After a couple of rounds with the Vanquish I was losing too much distance for my liking.
It is the most "Control" shaft I have used. My variances were so tight - just short.
I went yesterday to the PGATSS and used their CG2 and put some numbers together for Danny and he came back with the LIN-Q M40X Red in a little stiffer flex.

So while my is not TSPX, this shaft looks to be just released less than 2 months ago.
I'll assume this is the thread to post this to.

Last edited:
So first 9 with LIN-Q M40X Red and I think I have a winner @DannyLe :
"D" in Red is LIN-Q Red - Blue is Vanquish 4R and Black is Vanquish 4S:

1689126867019.png

just got in a M40X Red LinQ, now to get it in my Driver......

I don’t have a clue what profile this is, but it’s pretty. IMG_4739.jpegIMG_4738.jpegIMG_4742.jpegIMG_4740.jpegIMG_4741.jpeg

A little hotdog shaft testing today in 6F5 vs red 8F5. Didn’t capture the 8F5 today. Slipped my mind. IMG_4967.jpeg

I saw the new LINQ TSPX shafts today!
Get It GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

just got in a M40X Red LinQ, now to get it in my Driver......
Sadly, the tip snapped last weekend......I am constantly watching the Evil-bay site for a replacement

Last edited:
At the first Shaft Up event of 2024 I was fit into a little bit something special. My new boom stick paired with the Cobra Darkspeed X 9.0 head (12g heavier weight forward) is the UST Mamiya LinQ M40X Blue 6TX (Japanese model). Per @DannyLe this model is lower torque and has a stiffer tip than the standard 6F5 in the US version. This helps someone like me with a fairly quick transition to have more stability through the swing. I generate a decent amount of ball speed, but I do need a bit of helping "getting it after it" and this should help with that progress. The pairing of this with the Darkspeed X head is focused on two main things centering contact and tightening dispersion. I struggle with both quite frequently and have a hard time getting through the ball. Thus my miss is a wicked cut most of the time. With my previous gamer shaft and driver (Callaway Rogue St TD with HZRDUS Silver 50g) I was constantly missing heel side and getting spin that killed everything. We worked on a multitude of things with my swing, but this shaft and head combo dropped almost 1000 rpms of spin (something I'm always worried about) and added 2 degrees of launch (something I want to see more of). I wasn't seeing immediate results for a multitude of reasons..... Wind and swing issues, but we really focused on center contact and over time I'm confident the rest will fall into place.

PXL_20240405_152017460.MP.jpg

Did I think I would ever be fit into an Extra Stiff shaft? No way. I thought I was closer to going to a regular flex shaft than I ever was going to something TX. I had messed around with a Tensei White extra stiff shaft in the past year, but never was able to feel comfortable with it. This combo feels really freaking good. By the time we got to Day 2 of golf I felt like it was easier for me to feel the head and I was finally getting through the ball. I saw a bunch more fairways on Day 2, even though I wasn't seeing the distance I wanted. Not yet anyway, I'm more optimistic than ever that I will see that soon.

What's Next? I was told more than once that I'm so close and I believe it. I can feel the progress I'm making with each and every swing. While I know it will take some work and some time, I'm more excited than ever to put this shaft through it's paces. We start league this week on Wednesday so that might be my next time out with it, I may be able to find some time to sneak away and hit a simulator or driving range before that. I'll be sure to post my progress any many more pictures and thoughts as the year goes. If anyone has any additional questions about this shaft please let me know and I'll answer any and all that I can. And if I don't know the answer, I know a guy who might be able to answer them.

PXL_20240403_133418941.MP (1).jpg

Back