New Year newbie saying hi

mikefrench

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Hi there.

Really pleased to have found this place, and can't wait to dig into all of the past posts as well as getting involved in the new ones. I'm based in the UK on the South Coast.

Returning golfer. Played a lot from aged 13-18 on what in reflection was a local but very poor and immensely hard public course and was fortunate enough to be taken to some nicer ones by my friend and his dad (who was a keen golfer) which probably stopped me from rage quitting from losing too many balls every round. Stopped when I went to university as field hockey was my main sport, and golf was far too expensive on a student grant.

Back into golf about 20 years ago when my colleagues, and clients were all keen golfers and managed to snag corporate hospitality to the Ryder Cup in 2002 at The Belfry and British Open at Muirfield and then the Ryder Cup again in 2006 at the K Club - sadly I had to move on from those clients and eventually stopped playing again when my kids arrived and became my focus.

Fast forward 15 years and my son has just taken the game up inspired by the Tik Tok and YouTube golfers, and I'm back at it again enjoying time on the range and hopefully soon courses now he has some semblance of a reliable strike - refreshed my clubs which were not as good as I remembered when they came down from the attic, and back into watching and reading as much as I can to bring my knowledge back up to date. Currently gaming some Callaway X20 Tour irons (until I have some rounds under my belt and can have a credible fit) but Santa treated me to some end of model/season deals on some Paradym woods that just couldn't be turned down - and whilst I'm gutted that the AI Smoke looks like a massive upgrade on even the Paradym they will be more than enough for me this year.

Immediately subscribed to the Albatross Club - there is obviously so much value in this site, and a great cause to boot.

Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP, and welcome back to golf! Kudos for jumping right into the Albatross Club, it's a great cause to support and also opens the door for you to a lot of awesome contests, giveaways and THP Experiences!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP! Huge props on joining AC Club right away and you’ll LOVE the Paradym woods. I promise!

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to :thp:

Welcome to THP. I hope you enjoy the forum.

:welcome: and jumping right into the AC club! I love it.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP and dive in. We have a few from the UK lurking around here

Welcome to THP.

And welcome back to the game!

Welcome to Paradise!

Welcome to the forum @mikefrench ! So cool you're back to enjoying everything golf and get to spend time with your son doing it. Glad you're here!

Thanks for the welcome everyone - it is much appreciated !

Welcome!

Glad you’re here!!
Welcome, cmon in..

Back