Edwards was fired today.

Bogey, I`m huge Browns fan also(I know, sorry bout my luck), but you couldn`t get a glass of water for Bruce G. I am thinking they will try to trade Anderson, maybe Vikes, but I think 3rd-4th round pick more likely. I hope they get the LB from wake, he is only def. player worth a top 10 pick.

I think most of these coaches will just end up playing musical chairs this season, I don't see how guys like Gruden, Edwards, and Shannahan will end up jobless.

Last edited:
Manning's Pro Bow prank gone bad

Manning's Pro Bow prank gone bad

From Fox Sports:

When Peyton Manning and his fellow Pro Bowlers pranked Broncos QB Jay Cutler by tossing him into the hotel pool, they forgot one thing. He has diabetes and his blood sugar monitor got fried in the pool. "It was a bad audible on our part," Manning said.

From Fox Sports:

I seen that story. Pretty funny. Things happen and hindsight is 20/20. If I'm thinking about the proper piece of equipment Mr. Cutler can afford a couple of these monitors. No one got hurt and everyone got a laugh. :laugh:

I seen that story. Pretty funny. Things happen and hindsight is 20/20. If I'm thinking about the proper piece of equipment Mr. Cutler can afford a couple of these monitors. No one got hurt and everyone got a laugh. :laugh:

Except Cutler probably has one of the surgically implanted monitors that automatically monitors blood sugar and supplies insulin as needed. Hopefully it's just a matter of replacing the external unit and not something that requires an additional hospital visit and recalibration.

On a side note: Jay Cutler is in the Pro Bowl?

He sure is....And the skies are shady in Hawaii because of his giant head blocking the sun. Could he have a bigger ego?

Except Cutler probably has one of the surgically implanted monitors that automatically monitors blood sugar and supplies insulin as needed. Hopefully it's just a matter of replacing the external unit and not something that requires an additional hospital visit and recalibration.

On a side note: Jay Cutler is in the Pro Bowl?

"I thought we were smart enough to get the cellphone out of his pocket," Dielman said. "But then, 'Oops.' "
The monitor was fried by the chlorinated water. Fortunately, Hawaii has drug stores, and after a few calls here and there, Cutler was well-equipped by lunchtime Wednesday
Full story

If they called around to pharamacies like the story said I'm sure it's just the daily monitor and not something that supplies the insulin. The Fox story said they called around and picked another one up later that afternoon so it wasn't something too "important". I know how important a monitor is seeing as how I use one daily. :sad:

Merry Early Christmas JB

Merry Early Christmas JB

You can have him and his motorcycle. :laugh:

Winslow to Tampa Bay

Chiefs trade for Vrabel: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/02/vrabel_trade_co.html.

Pretty good move, if for nothing else but the leadership he will provide (he'll be 34 when the season starts so he doesn't have a lot of good years left). I hope this is only for one or two seasons and the compensation isn't too great.

KC has also released Damon Huard, Donnie Edwards and Patrick Surtain earlier in the week.

Chiefts trade for Matt Cassell. I am not sure he is the answer, but better than what they have.

I was wondering if they were going to do that. I hope he wasn't good last year only because of the team he was on.

Seriously only a 2nd round pick in this draft for BOTH Cassel and Vrabel?

After putting the franchise tag on Cassel as insurance for their two-time Super Bowl MVP, the Patriots shipped Cassel and linebacker Vrabel to Kansas City on Saturday. The Chiefs gave up shockingly little — the 34th overall pick in the April draft for both players.

The Chiefs have the third overall selection following a franchise-worst 2-14 season. In yielding their second-round draft choice, they acquire a reliable 12-year veteran linebacker and a proven young quarterback who could immediately fill one of their most urgent needs.

Smallie,
Like I said, I think he was a system QB more than anything. But I hope I am wrong, because I want Arrowhead to get rocking again.

Just got home and spotted the New England - Kansas City trade. I'm just not sure why you'd give up those two players for a 34th pick in the draft. Is there something else in the deal that we're not hearing?

I saw the Cassell thing on Yahoo, but didn't he have the franchise tag?

He did, but they traded him, and because there is no signing bonus, there is no hit to the cap.

He did, but they traded him, and because there is no signing bonus, there is no hit to the cap.

I thought if you had the franchise tag that you couldn't get traded?

Actually I don't know to much about the "tag," I'm kind of firing shots in the dark here.

That sounds dangerous 907...hehe.

Back