NHL 2014-2015 Season

Yeah there has been action for the last couple days so I tend to agree with you Marty.

Caps might make one more move but it will be minor IMO. I like what they have done so far

I just heard Petry was coming to Montreal... dont know whats the trade yet

I just heard Petry was coming to Montreal... dont know whats the trade yet

2nd and a conditional 5th. That's a good pickup for MTL.

Last edited:
Bolts get Coburn, who is a nice pickup. But I really hate to see Gudas go, although I'm assuming he wasn't going to contribute at all this year.

Bolts get Coburn, who is a nice pickup. But I really hate to see Gudas go, although I'm assuming he wasn't going to contribute at all this year.

I'm not sure about this one, I feel like the bolts and the rangers have paid too much for their trades. with that said, I think the Rangers are now much better with Yandle

The Coburn trade...that is a really steep price they paid. But they did also get two 2nds for Connolly.

TB appears to be all in for a Cup run.

Petry brought back a lot less than what many figured. The Habs are also all in for the Cup this yr.

I hate trade deadline day because the Ducks GM talks a big game and then does nothing! With all the defense that is off the table I would prefer nothing to saving Toronto's arse by taking Phaneuf off their hands. Wouldn't surprise me in the least though.

Despite the team success the mismanagement has been ridiculous. What was a huge cap space has been filled by rejects with additional term who are all on waivers (Bourque, Bryzgalov) or should be (Brewer). It's starting to become apparent to the fan base. They have such flexibility and then pilfer it away to improve laterally. Today is going to be depressing.

On the plus, Sekac recorded another assist on Perry's opening goal last night.

I hate trade deadline day because the Ducks GM talks a big game and then does nothing! With all the defense that is off the table I would prefer nothing to saving Toronto's arse by taking Phaneuf off their hands. Wouldn't surprise me in the least though.

Despite the team success the mismanagement has been ridiculous. What was a huge cap space has been filled by rejects with additional term who are all on waivers (Bourque, Bryzgalov) or should be (Brewer). It's starting to become apparent to the fan base. They have such flexibility and then pilfer it away to improve laterally. Today is going to be depressing.

Know how you feel....The Hawks generally sit around doing nothing. They've done some nice things the last couple of days though. I'm not sold on the Timmonen trade though. He hasn't played all year, and that gives me that not so fresh feeling. Love the Vermette deal because it fills a whole that has existed since 2009. Still feel like they can move a couple of more pieces for a grit player. Lots of talk about Sharp and his off ice scoring.....I've never been a fan of him. I just feel like the Hawks have enough guys who will shoot from the outside. Teams that win the cup seem to always have one or two guys that will go get dirty goals.

I told you guys you would like him, this kid is skilled. I think it was a good trade for both teams, as we needed a bit more size and grit up front.

Moose, who is Flynn?

to be fair, we took allen for Bourque

I'm not sure about this one, I feel like the bolts and the rangers have paid too much for their trades. with that said, I think the Rangers are now much better with Yandle

Really feel like the Bolts overpaid.

I love how nobody talks about the Isles in the East :)...our 2 losses to you were both on the tail-end of back to back games (wouldn't discount them either)....its going to be a epic battle for the team who comes out of the East

And I have been watching the Isles for 40yrs
Wow, good team loyalty man. They are a good team, with no real playoff experience though. Anything can happen, but just making the playoffs is something to build off of. Look at Colorado last year, I knew they'd be out 1st round, 2nd round for sure. They made a few moves like a contender would, even though they were not one, and it hurt them. I got alot of people mad at me, but I'm a realist. I can see the Isles maybe winning a series, but thats it. I do love the Isles as well, so that statement comes from the head, not the heart.
Back in the early 80's I hated Gretzky (respected his talent, but hated him), so it was obvious to cheer for the Isles. And, lol, who didn't like Billy Smith.
Who knows though, my habs could be swept first round as well. That's why hockey is so awesome, and playoff pools are so hard to win!

Last edited:
Minor trade, Brian Flynn to the Habs for a 5th. Decent skater, 4th line guy but not sure he's even an NHLer on the Habs roster.

lets wait and see, I'm not sure about him, I dont know him
Ya, could be interesting. A total steal, if he works out and signs with us next season. My buddy who's an Oilers fan, says Petry was painful to watch develop, but has come into his own this year. Time will tell.

Wow, good team loyalty man. They are a good team, with no real playoff experience though. Anything can happen, but just making the playoffs is something to build off of. Look at Colorado last year, I knew they'd be out 1st round, 2nd round for sure. They made a few moves like a contender would, even though they were not one, and it hurt them. I got alot of people mad at me, but I'm a realist. I can see the Isles maybe winning a series, but thats it. I do love the Isles as well, so that statement comes from the head, not the heart.
Back in the early 80's I hated Gretzky (respected his talent, but hated him), so it was obvious to cheer for the Isles. And, lol, who didn't like Billy Smith.

Agreed, after so many bad years I would take 1 round win and I would be happy, they have a young core and should be good for quite some time.... Battling Billy, loved that guy :)

Ya, could be interesting. A total steal, if he works out and signs with us next season. My buddy who's an Oilers fan, says Petry was painful to watch develop, but has come into his own this year. Time will tell.

I have heard that he would most likely test the UFA market

Agreed, after so many bad years I would take 1 round win and I would be happy, they have a young core and should be good for quite some time.... Battling Billy, loved that guy :)

The Isles made some shrewd moves this past year, and seem to have a core of guys finally to play with Tavares. Not sure when they move to the new building, but I think their days of not being a desirable destination are over, people will want to play there. This team could be good for awhile!

I think the way Anders Lee has stepped in and has piled up the points just shows how Tavares makes those around him better. Not taking away from Okposo, I like him, but since Lee has been on the top line he has been just as productive I think.

I think the way Anders Lee has stepped in and has piled up the points just shows how Tavares makes those around him better. Not taking away from Okposo, I like him, but since Lee has been on the top line he has been just as productive I think.

Lee was producing when he was just on the "kid line" but that production has gone up since playing with JT. They tried several players after Okposo went down with limited results.....Anders seems to be flourishing, Bailey (who is the fans whipping boy) has quietly had a nice season point wise playing on the top line

Lee was producing when he was just on the "kid line" but that production has gone up since playing with JT. They tried several players after Okposo went down with limited results.....Anders seems to be flourishing, Bailey (who is the fans whipping boy) has quietly had a nice season point wise playing on the top line

So what do you think they do when Okposo comes back?

Depends on Kyle's conditioning, when Kyle is ready I would guess he goes back to the top line and Lee gets moved back down. Bailey is more of a play-maker then a finisher so I would think he would stay

Little over 3 hours to go and it has been relatively quiet on the trade-front so far.

Yup, waiting for that last minute blockbuster to appear....haha!

Nice (critical) win for Jets yesterday too. Their fore-check looks good!

I don't disagree that the bolts overpaid, certainly more than I thought they would give up, but it was a needed piece.

Yup, waiting for that last minute blockbuster to appear....haha!

Nice (critical) win for Jets yesterday too. Their fore-check looks good!

I really like the Jets, definitely pulling for them. How do you like Myers and Stafford so far? Stafford got a bad rap in Buffalo but he's got some talent.

Back