NHL 2014-2015 Season

Congrats to Jaromir Jagr for tying Phil Esposito by scoring his 717th goal in his NHL career. Being a top 5 goal scorer all time is an amazing accomplishment and he will score some more with the Florida Panthers. It's exciting to see players in sports break records that have been in place for a long time. It shows the commitment, level of excellence and longevity of the players.

I saw rumblings of Nuevy to the Islanders. Can anyone confirm this? If so good for him

I saw rumblings of Nuevy to the Islanders. Can anyone confirm this? If so good for him

cood be good for the isles, they need a goaltender

cood be good for the isles, they need a goaltender

He has been unbelievable since replacing Enroth as #1. Too bad if he goes to the Isles he'll probably just be backing up Halak(?). He's shown he needs to play regularly to be effective.

I'm pretty sure I like the Hawks picking up Vermette and Timonen.

And I still think a goalie is going to go somewhere.

edit: I just noticed Desjardins. Man.

I'm pretty sure I like the Hawks picking up Vermette and Timonen.

I really thought Chris Stewart would have been a great fit in Chicago. Thinking they need a little more size and toughness for the playoffs, and he can score.

He has been unbelievable since replacing Enroth as #1. Too bad if he goes to the Isles he'll probably just be backing up Halak(?). He's shown he needs to play regularly to be effective.

Halak is going to be hurt sooner than later, they need a starter

Halak is going to be hurt sooner than later, they need a starter
Yup that's why I am glad the Caps didn't resign him. They caught a lot of flak for that but Holtby is the better goalie especially love the term for the Caps

I really thought Chris Stewart would have been a great fit in Chicago. Thinking they need a little more size and toughness for the playoffs, and he can score.
Vermette. Faceoffs. Possession.

Vermette. Faceoffs. Possession.

Ehhh...not a huge Vermette fan but they did just get Desjardins from SJ for Ben Smith.

Kessel has a 8 million cap hit and 10 million salary? What?

Neuvirth to the Isles for Johnson and a 3rd.

Kessel has a 8 million cap hit and 10 million salary? What?

the cap hit is the average, he has some years where he is pade less than that

Not sure I have ever seen Kessel attempt a body check.......

How many goals for Kessel again? How about that Leafs playoffs potential spot?

how many rounds did the caps win with him in the roster?

Wow, thought they'd be stuck with him. Blues trying to make a run, giving up picks only.

I take it no one clicked the link in my post? Heh

How many goals for Kessel again? How about that Leafs playoffs potential spot?

Can't believe I'm sticking up for Kessel, but anyways.....

In the past three seasons, Kessel has scored 80 goals. That's more than Malkin, Giroux, Eric Staal, and Getzlaf, all of whom make more than him per season....if you want to look at only goals, also has more than Crosby, but I'm going to leave him out.

That's not to say Kessel is a great player, but when you look at his salary and goals per year, he's on par with those around him.

Back