NHL 2014-2015 Season

Could never understand the Oilers mentality with that, they sell out every game win or lose, so they should let their talent develop in the AHL, and bring them up when ready. Or at least learn how to play proper NHL defence. Its hurt them badly, almost as much as having crappy management. You look at Quebec/Colorado, they also had 4 first rounders in 5 years. Know how many of them were left when they won the cup in Colorado? One, the rest were traded to build a competitor. The Oilers are holding on to these guys, to what, finish last every year. So glad I'm not an Oilers fan.

No doubt Oilers management is garbage. These kids going high in the draft are not able to go play in the AHL they have to go play in jr. From a development stand point I think it can be detrimental but understand it from a revenue and attraction level to the jr team I understand why the agreement is in place. In the Oilers case I don't think Hopkins, Hall or Nail would have learned anything if they went back to jr. They would just continue to dominate with ease.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/kessel-i-m-just-tired-of-it-1.221102

Kessel goes off on the media and it's about time players step up. The media is horrible in Toronto and no wonder players don't want to come and play for the Leafs.

It's about time, I guess Jokinen did have an impact while he was there.

These kids going high in the draft are not able to go play in the AHL they have to go play in jr.
Not sure I understand, if they are too old for jr. and are not nhl ready where do they play? Alot of nhl teams have sent their players who need more development to the AHL. Even 1st roundrers like Mueller, Oleksiak, Taffoli, Pastrnak. Being picked 1st overall should not matter. If they aren't ready they aren't ready. My team has lots of first round picks playing in Hamilton developing. Nathan Beauleau was 17th overall and played 2 years in the AHL and was carefully brought up this season to full time NHL status.
Just cause you can score, or dominated in jr, doesn't mean you are NHL ready.

Not sure I understand, if they are too old for jr. and are not nhl ready where do they play? Alot of nhl teams have sent their players who need more development to the AHL. Even 1st roundrers like Mueller, Oleksiak, Taffoli, Pastrnak. Being picked 1st overall should not matter. If they aren't ready they aren't ready. My team has lots of first round picks playing in Hamilton developing. Nathan Beauleau was 17th overall and played 2 years in the AHL and was carefully brought up this season to full time NHL status.

yeah but some (most) would argue that our team is on the other end of the spectrum, and may be a bit too careful and wait a bit too long before bringing them up

If someone plays in the CHL and is drafted to the NHL he is not eligible to play in the AHL if they are under the age of 19. I just took a look at Nathan and he was drafted in 2011 and played with Saint John that year not Hamilton. I should also not that the max age for the chl is 20.

It is not an agreement that helps the kids long term imo.

If someone plays in the CHL and is drafted to the NHL he is not eligible to play in the AHL if they are under the age of 19. I just took a look at Nathan and he was drafted in 2011 and played with Saint John that year not Hamilton.

It is not an agreement that helps the kids long term imo.
Ahhh, gotcha, he played JR as was too young for AHL, then Nathan played 2 years in AHL after to develop him. There are alot of examples through out the years where that player doesn't get the JR, or AHL experience and it takes them till their late 20's early 30's to become the player they should've been with 1-2 years more of AHL/JR..
As per the Oilers 1st rounders who cannot play defense.

Ahhh, gotcha, he played JR as was too young for AHL, then Nathan played 2 years in AHL after to develop him. There are alot of examples through out the years where that player doesn't get the JR, or AHL experience and it takes them till their late 20's early 30's to become the player they should've been with 1-2 years more of AHL/JR..

Completely agree that kids would be better served in the AHL and not the NHL or JR. The economy in these small towns that the CHL is in are the benefit along with the WJC that happens each year.

Dano! Cap vs Jackets tonight would love to make a wager but as you can see my Avi is rented out for the week.

Dano! Cap vs Jackets tonight would love to make a wager but as you can see my Avi is rented out for the week.

Lookin good, Jesse...Lol!

Wanted: General Manager for the Edmonton Oilers.
Minimum Requirements: 10 years of experience without right royally screwing the team. Please send me a resume and I will forward it on to the appropriate people. ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The Hawks looked solid last night, and are looking forward to getting Desjardins in there.

Glencross is in the lineup for the Caps tonight interested to see how he fits in

Good thing we didn't wager on Sundays game.......

I know better at this point. I even took Caps in proline

Realist.

Even better and much more respectable. Hate when the team you cheer for sucks but what can ya do.

What was all that stuff about Kessel and the media? Saw something posted but didn't have a chance to read it

Even better and much more respectable. Hate when the team you cheer for sucks but what can ya do.

What was all that stuff about Kessel and the media? Saw something posted but didn't have a chance to read it

Just saying that he doesn't think it's fair to Dion that all of the blame goes on him. I don't think he is worth what we pay him, but he is a good defensemen and it's not his fault the team sucks every night.

Just saying that he doesn't think it's fair to Dion that all of the blame goes on him. I don't think he is worth what we pay him, but he is a good defensemen and it's not his fault the team sucks every night.

Yeah thats tough when the team isn't playing well. Team game can't single out one guy it is the team that wins and loses. Media must be having a field day with everything going on up there and not in a good way

Nice net presence from Fehr and tap in rebound. Caps go up 2 late in the 1st.

The TSN (I believe) posted a tweet referencing a rumor of Lupul having sex with Phaneuf's wife.

It's bad enough that Lupul, a few days earlier, referenced the rumor, saying it was complete BS, and destroying peoples lives.

I think it is beyond unprofessional that a professional 'news' org would do that.

I normally am not a Kessel fan, but him staning up for his captain...I thought that was very admirable.

What a complete mess that Maple Leafs dressing room is.

Getting chippy in CBJ

Back