NHL 2014-2015 Season

CBJ make weak moves. Can't stay healthy, deal someone like Wiz who can at least dish the puck, and bring back garbage. Bourque is a clown.

Awesome.

The Ducks fans thank you.

I kind of disagree with that. He's had 4 years and he's never been able to really crack the lineup even though many other young players in our system have been able to make it to the NHL. He's really weak defensively and can't play physical so if he's not playing really well offensively he's a huge liability.

No doubt he's not strong defensively but I think he will fit in well on the second or third line in Van. I think the pieces they have will help the kid out. What the Flames wanted him to be at the time he was given that chance was not good for his development.

Pretty happy with the moves the Wild made today and in the last few weeks. Fletcher got some depth and didn't give up any young talent to get it done.

They look good. I really like Yeo.

They look good. I really like Yeo.

It wasn't looking real good for him before we got Dubnyk. It should be a fun team to watch during the stretch and hopefully for a long playoff run.

The Ducks fans thank you.

I don't doubt it. Wiz can get creative with the puck and make stretch passes to their talented forwards, albeit at the cost of being a defensive liability.

It wasn't looking real good for him before we got Dubnyk. It should be a fun team to watch during the stretch and hopefully for a long playoff run.

I can't believe that he is the same guy that played in Edmonton. One of the nicest success stories this year.

I can't believe that he is the same guy that played in Edmonton. One of the nicest success stories this year.

He always had it in him. Goalies don't tend to mature until their late 20's and it seems teams always give up on them too soon. Hopefully his great play continues.

I don't doubt it. Wiz can get creative with the puck and make stretch passes to their talented forwards, albeit at the cost of being a defensive liability.

Wiz's contract also expires right when Vatanen, Lindholm are due for their UFA contract. I also like Wiz's mean streak, he can get down right nasty!

Love the Canucks move of acquiring Sven Baertchi for a 2nd.
He's soft as butter, but we need skill, and he's got plenty of it. He also played his best hockey under Canucks farm team coach Travis Green (when he was in Portland), so Green should have a pretty good understanding of the player, and how to get the best out of him.

I think the Rangers won the day. Yandle w/ the coyotes eating half the contract this year and next is huge.

I think the Rangers won the day. Yandle w/ the coyotes eating half the contract this year and next is huge.

They gave up a lot the last couple weeks. No first rounders for the next 4 years!?!?! That could be bad.

They gave up a lot the last couple weeks. No first rounders for the next 4 years!?!?! That could be bad.

Plenty of time to get some of those back. No big deal right now.

Just listened to an hour long interview on local TSN Radio with Canucks GM Jim Benning. It's nice to know that the guy at the helm actually has a plan and the organization is progressing into the future as one complete unit.
Canucks brass (Travis Green incl.) feel that they can get the best out of Baertshi and get him back on track. They also said they acquired Conacher to give the hard working boys in the 'A' a better chance in their upcoming playoff run.

Really just talking about today and not the last few weeks. I know most of the major deals got done prior to the deadline. Flyers did very well today too. It seems like picks are not as valuable as they used to be.

Really just talking about today and not the last few weeks. I know most of the major deals got done prior to the deadline. Flyers did very well today too. It seems like picks are not as valuable as they used to be.

How do you like having Stewart come in for a 2nd?

How do you like having Stewart come in for a 2nd?

Really not sure about this one. Guy did have a 28 goal season and if any team could change his attitude and make sure he is giving 100% every night it is MN. I would likely not have gave up that much for him but it could turn out to be a bargain.

The Rag's did give up a lot, but Yandle is a game changer from the back end; to get him out of Pho two seasons ago would have been impossible. To get him out of Pho and have them eat some contract, is lunacy.

It's so wide open for The Cup though. So many teams are going all in, b/c this opportunity may not present itself.

The Habs made out great.

After a great start, the Bruins completely fizzled out. Instead of moving one of the higher contracts of guys that aren't justifying their price, we get a 4th liner in Talbot... and NO defensemen. None. Zilch. Nada. This team is one Adam McQuaid injury (he's hurt more often than not) away from being terrible.

The Bruins will make the playoffs, but they won't last.

After a great start, the Bruins completely fizzled out. Instead of moving one of the higher contracts of guys that aren't justifying their price, we get a 4th liner in Talbot... and NO defensemen. None. Zilch. Nada. This team is one Adam McQuaid injury (he's hurt more often than not) away from being terrible.

The Bruins will make the playoffs, but they won't last.

They should have called the Oilers, They will give away any good young defence man for another 3rd or 4th round draft pick....

In the Yandle to the Rangers trade, Duclair heads the other way. In the WJC he played with Max Domi on a line and the two had a connection with a combined 18 PTS in 7 games. If I was a Coyotes fan, I would be extremely excited to see them reunite in years to come.

In the Yandle to the Rangers trade, Duclair heads the other way. In the WJC he played with Max Domi on a line and the two had a connection with a combined 18 PTS in 7 games. If I was a Coyotes fan, I would be extremely excited to see them reunite in years to come.
Couldn't agree more. That Domi-Duclair tandem will be one to watch out for in the future.

...you could be an Oilers fan and have had pick in the first 5 every year for the last 4 years by finishing last overall and trade away great young defence men and goaltenders regularly.

...you could be an Oilers fan and have had pick in the first 5 every year for the last 4 years by finishing last overall and trade away great young defence men and goaltenders regularly.

I think the problem with having such high draft picks and a team with poor performance is that the prospects are not allowed to develop. They are starting to figure it out with Draisaitl but it took em long enough. Very few 20 year olds are ready for the speed and schedule of the NHL. Throwing them to the wolves does nothing for the teams long term success, it just gets the fans excited and then reality sets in.

I think the problem with having such high draft picks and a team with poor performance is that the prospects are not allowed to develop. They are starting to figure it out with Draisaitl but it took em long enough. Very few 20 year olds are ready for the speed and schedule of the NHL. Throwing them to the wolves does nothing for the teams long term success, it just gets the fans excited and then reality sets in.
Could never understand the Oilers mentality with that, they sell out every game win or lose, so they should let their talent develop in the AHL, and bring them up when ready. Or at least learn how to play proper NHL defence. Its hurt them badly, almost as much as having crappy management. You look at Quebec/Colorado, they also had 4 first rounders in 5 years. Know how many of them were left when they won the cup in Colorado? One, the rest were traded to build a competitor. The Oilers are holding on to these guys, to what, finish last every year. So glad I'm not an Oilers fan.

Back