Nick Taylor won more money yesterday than Patrick Mahomes….

Also Mahomes was guaranteed the money whether he made the cut (playoffs) or not. So obviously the NFL isn't real competition.

Apples and oranges don't always sync up.
Also only one game vs. best of seven series like some other sports, so obviously just an exhibition. :ROFLMAO:

I found the value of winning a golf tournament vs. the Super Bowl interesting. It wasn’t a question about individual salary.

Obviously went over a few heads.

🙄
Maybe another way to look at it. The total payout for winning the Super Bowl is huge, it just gets split evenly (well probably not evenly) among the winning players (56 or however many there are). Golf’s not a team sport so the value for winning it (payout) only goes to 1 player.

I found the value of winning a golf tournament vs. the Super Bowl interesting. It wasn’t a question about individual salary.

Obviously went over a few heads.

🙄
I think you're confusing "over a few heads" with "missing the mark on the comparison completely"

Why compare a salaried player (assuming we ignore all sponsorship deals) to a guy who gets paid WHEN he wins?

I think you're confusing "over a few heads" with "missing the mark on the comparison completely"

Why compare a salaried player (assuming we ignore all sponsorship deals) to a guy who gets paid WHEN he wins?

You still missed it.

I think Patrick will be okay on this one. Maybe a little bummed, but he’ll be okay

Sad Money GIF by G2 Esports
Dang, can you get Cold Sores in the Eyes with Money? Kids, don't try this at home.

Maybe another way to look at it. The total payout for winning the Super Bowl is huge, it just gets split evenly (well probably not evenly) among the winning players (56 or however many there are). Golf’s not a team sport so the value for winning it (payout) only goes to 1 player.

Any idea?

I didn't miss anything, I asked a question.

You don't know what my opinion is on your post.

“I found the value of winning a golf tournament vs. the Super Bowl interesting. It wasn’t a question about individual salary.”

“I found the value of winning a golf tournament vs. the Super Bowl interesting. It wasn’t a question about individual salary.”
Are they related because they happened on the same day or something?

Just move along…..
You started a strange thread with a strange argument and are bothered when people ask questions about it. Not sure what the deal with that is, but I'm just fascinated enough by it to stick around, thanks.

Additionally, you are not welcome to tell THPers what to do. They are free to post where they like as long as it is in an appropriate fashion.

Something tells me Mahomes will do just fine making up the difference in endorsements from winning the SB again. One could argue Taylor worked 4 days and Mahomes just 1.

This whole thing is a really odd thing to take a stance on.

One is paid a salary, with bonuses.

Another wins parts of a purse for each event.

Apples to tangelos.

Something tells me Mahomes will do just fine making up the difference in endorsements from winning the SB again. One could argue Taylor worked 4 days and Mahomes just 1.

I’m just taking about the payout for the event compared to the prestige/size of it. There’s been a lot of discussion with the LIV money, and elevated events, etc, etc, etc. All the money has to come from something. One is practically a national holiday, the other just another golf tournament.

Anyway……

This whole thing is a really odd thing to take a stance on.

One is paid a salary, with bonuses.

Another wins parts of a purse for each event.

Apples to tangelos.

Yeah im not really sure what to make of this, and i've had too many Peroni's (shout out to @Hawk ) at dinner to write something witty.

Mahomes makes like 50M a year!

Context certainly matters with the comparisons.

He did however make win more yesterday than Brock Purdy made this year.

Context certainly matters with the comparisons.

He did however make win more yesterday than Brock Purdy made this year.
See, that would’ve been a comparison I could get down with.

Don't forget the $$$ that Pat rakes in for commercials, and if Nick was in one: everyone would say; "Who is that?"

Well they also get a Super Bowl ring that is a few bucks. Plus the team pays for the hotel and travel for the extended week in Vegas.

I kinda figured a Super Bowl bonus would be higher for some reason.

Technically that salary is for regular season only 😄
Yes. A pro football player gets 18 "paychecks" per year from their team. During training camp they get a per diem. And the playoffs is the time for owners to make some major cash, like they don't already do so! And if it's the same as what I read a while ago, the players get "playoff shares" past the regular season. The money is a lot more substantial nowadays, but so are NFL salaries. For the stars anyway, they are playing for less money than their regular season salaries, but it's sure nothing to sneeze at!

Well they also get a Super Bowl ring that is a few bucks. Plus the team pays for the hotel and travel for the extended week in Vegas.

and per diem. He probably came ahead a little bit there as well.

I mean, if it were Mahomes vs 135 other players.....by himself.....I'd expect him to make more for the win ....🤷🏼

Not sure I understand the comparison.

Back