Nickent Alive Again?

Hopefully this won't ruin the Nickent name. I play the Nickent 3dx irons and am very happy with the clubs. I have hit the 4dx driver as well and was impressed. I was eagerly waiting for their next lineup.

Hopefully this won't ruin the Nickent name. I play the Nickent 3dx irons and am very happy with the clubs. I have hit the 4dx driver as well and was impressed. I was eagerly waiting for their next lineup.

Well since they are officially gone and the club maker has left completely, it certainly wont be teh same thing, but I guess its better than nothing. its still consumer choices which are nice.

Keep in mind that some stores do have R&D teams such as Dicks with Maxfli and Hagen. Sports Authority has kept the Tommy Armour name alive. Golfsmith has done it with Snake Eyes and now hopes to with Macgregor as well.

Yeh when Tommy Armour went out Sports Authority hire the two individuals (Mark Adams & Keith Perrera) that did the design work for Armour and then went to China to have the product made. After one year, Sports Authority released them and now must make their own trips to China. Sports Authority purchased the Armour name from a holding company in Dallas.

I think I still have a couple of sets of the last Armour irons that had the movable weights. 845VCG.

There are a few interviews with him on our home page. Very interesting stuff. The one on THP Radio is great.

John and I were both sales reps with Maxfli in the late 70's. He was in Atlanta and I was in Minneapolis. Not sure when he made the transition as a club designer, but after designing the Armour 845, as you said he came to work for Titleist and created the original DCI. I had left Dunlop and gone to work for Titleist as a rep in the midwest. I see John every year at the PGA show and we have stayed in touch some. John, is truly one of the good guys.

John and I were both sales reps with Maxfli in the late 70's. He was in Atlanta and I was in Minneapolis. Not sure when he made the transition as a club designer, but after designing the Armour 845, as you said he came to work for Titleist and created the original DCI. I had left Dunlop and gone to work for Titleist as a rep in the midwest. I see John every year at the PGA show and we have stayed in touch some. John, is truly one of the good guys.

In our last issue of the magazine (spring) he details how he made the move. He is a dear friend and someone that we speak to weekly at this point it seems.

Back