Nike Ball Lovers - New RZN Balls

Shakey

#TheGolfWhisperer
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 Index
It appears that the company that made Nike's balls is re-releasing them under their own brand (RZN). The website is up, but lots of the links don't work yet.

Did they just guy up all the Nike patents?

No idea, but I guess they'd have to have access to them or their business would be short lived

Holy damn. If they truly are the same, I may have found a new ball :ROFLMAO:

I play the company that used to make Nike balls....they are known as Bridgestone hehe

*granted they did not make the RZN balls for them.

whoa, that's kind of fun.

I know RZN was always a "not sure about" kind of product. Wondering if they can improve on it, and/or how cheap they can sell them.

Very interesting...

Mixed bag around RZN, i know some loved it, others found it not so great, especially in harsher weather.

Did the Nike balls have the micro dimples? I tried Nike RZN White & don't recall them having them.

Very intrigued! And I noticed the Listed # for the USA has a Miami,FL “area code”!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RZN sucked in ANY significant temperature fluctuation. Bet that hasn’t changed.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Did some digging..

These were bought by a European company based out of Miami, FL who purchased the patents from Nike. Couldn’t get the company name..

eb3f698b0db3b96014a569e61812d450.jpg
03fd57e658659df2058f891d1516b347.plist
1d0387a0f8fd67f7ec28212f8adde7af.plist

Did some digging..

These were bought by a European company based out of Miami, FL who purchased the patents from Nike. Couldn’t get the company name..

Like my father always said...."If you can't buy it in Hialeah, you don't need it."

Like my father always said...."If you can't buy it in Hialeah, you don't need it."

This was in Kendall/South Miami!!

Good find X. Pricing about where it should be. Maybe $5 less on the tour ball to make them more attractive.

Did some digging..

These guys claim to be the manufactures of the Nike RZN and now they are running on thir own
Their website looks neat www.rzngolf.com and the technology behind the 4pc and the 3pc seems high tech. They claim they are the same manufactures that made the Nike Ball and after Nike retired from the market are going solo.

Found this video whre they claim they are BACK! I really liked the Nike ball and this seem to be a good option

Interesting to see rzn amongst the other offerings...

Checking websites to see where I can buy them, found them at walmart.com under rzn golf balls. If I find other will let you guys know

They won't be getting any of my money.

Sending this to a friend who loved Nike balls

I remember hating the old RZN balls. I'll pass.

These golf balls are manufactured by Feng Tay Enterprises of Taiwan, a long-time manufacturing contractor of Nike's and the company that manufactured Nike-branded golf balls beginning in 2006 when Nike's golf ball partnership with Bridgestone ended. U.S. Patent and Trademark Office records show the patents and the RZN trademark were transferred by Nike to Feng Tay in 2017 shortly after Nike exited the golf equipment business. An example patent assignment record is here:

The RZN golf balls are listed on the 2020 USGA conforming list as manufactured by Feng Tay:

I can't find much information on the European "RZN Golf" company, but I would guess it's a marketing and distribution company that is somehow affiliated with Feng Tay. After all, Europeans and Americans probably wouldn't be so anxious to snap up "Feng Tay" golf balls and Feng Tay can't call them "Nike" any more.

Back