Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
Was having drinks with a good friend tonight. He is, for lack of a better term, cheese averse.

We've had pizza before, and usually he just pulls the cheese from his slice, and we're good to go. But tonight, when he decided to order a pie, i opted out, so he ordered it as he would prefer - with no cheese.

No biggie... but as the night wore on, this 16" pizza he had ordered for himself began to call my name, and I decided to partake...Where has no cheese pizza been all my life!?

I think I may choose this quite often!

What's your take?

PXL_20230924_221327401.jpg

My first reaction is helll nooo, but I'd at least give it a try.

Where has it been? Marketed as flatbread?

Not averse to it, sometimes the toppings dont need cheese. Usually think the cheese is more of a binder to keep the toppings together

I love it. Local place here does a meat pizza with no cheese. It's amazing.

Where has it been? Marketed as flatbread?

Not averse to it, sometimes the toppings dont need cheese. Usually think the cheese is more of a binder to keep the toppings together
I disagree that all flat bread is the same as pizza without cheese. Rarely do I come across a flatbread made from a scratch pizza dough, but rather some sort of naan/pita/mediterranean type bread.

You get a lot of "cheese bread" on pizza dough, and that is just pizza without sauce, but I don't think it's common the other way around.

this doesn't work well with an oiled pan crust, only hand tossed. also needs more sauce to keep the moisture up

So the original pizza is Margherita,

Cheese part of the foundation of pizza , can’t see how it can be called a pizza if it conglomerate of ingredients lol

My wife has recently become lactose intolerant so dairy is off the menu for her now. She loves a pizza with no cheese!

I dunno. Maybe...

Tryna pizza or flatbread with hummus instead of sauce and cheese. Then add veggies like mushrooms, broccoli and onions, (Edit to add roasted red peppers) then drizzle with balsamic glaze. Fantastic.

Last edited:
I'd try it, but not the one in the OP with mulch on it.

A pizza without cheese would not be my choice. However, I would try one.

Yep. That pizza looks absolutely delicious.
Cheese less pizza strips are super common here. Every party has them. They just sit in the bag on the counter like a loaf of bread.

Last edited:
No cheese is no pizza. I'd eat this but just not sure what to call it.

No cheese is no pizza. I'd eat this but just not sure what to call it.
Well I ordered a cheese pizza tonight. I flip flopped your photo as I had all but 2 slices. Decided to order another to-go to take back for the fiancé. I would have ordered one with meat but planned on only eating maybe half and the fiancé is a vegetarian haha. But the cheese is a must.

Also, I do t think it can be called pizza if it doesn’t have cheese. Maybe meaty bread or veggie bread.🤣

I'd have no problem with it. I can take or leave cheese most times as long as the other fillings are tasty enough to compensate.

My uncle is lactose intolerant, but loves pizza. He always orders his without cheese. I've tried it with a handful of different toppings and they've all been excellent.

Love cheese so i wouldn't order a pizza without it, but get it if you can't do dairy.

Cheese is the best and the worst part of the pizza when you think out it. I’d eat that.

Favorite low lactose pizza from Pepe's Pizza in West Hartford next to a Golftec.

White Clam Pizza​

Fresh Clam, Garlic, Oregano, Grated Pecorino Romano & Olive Oil

Pecorino is made from sheep's milk which is lower in lactose than cow's milk. Hard cheeses are lower in lactose.

Back