No Hole(s) In One - Been Playing for X Years

Not bitter and I don’t particularly care if it never happens. I am genuinely happy when people get theirs (looking at you @Jman and @donny475). I also look forward to the free drink in particular.

One of my brothers got his when he was 12 years old. My other older brother got his last year at 50 years old.

But it’s been 35 years of playing for me. No ace (yet).
22 years. No aces

Started playing when I was 14. I am now 40. No aces. I have holed out from the fairway 3 times though. it is worth the same and should feel the same. But, there is no 1 on the score card.. :(

It took me 60 years. Last Summer go my first hole in one at Chatauqua Golf Club, Lake Course.

My deceased father in law, who was a single digit handicap. Shot his age at 74. Played from the time he was a caddie at age 12, never had a hole in one.

Started playing when I was 14. I am now 40. No aces. I have holed out from the fairway 3 times though. it is worth the same and should feel the same. But, there is no 1 on the score card..

The 1 on the card would be nice!

even though I've only been playing for 5 months, I feel like I'm "due" :LOL::LOL::LOL::cool:

I've had one and that was 43 years ago. :LOL:

Almost 30 years. Zero. Dented the cup, hit the flag, bounced in and out. Nothing.

It took me over 25 years to get my first, then a fairly long dry period before my next. So those of you who don't have one yet don't despair. As luck would have it, I've had now 5 in the last 26 months and 9 in total.

Not bitter and I don’t particularly care if it never happens. I am genuinely happy when people get theirs (looking at you @Jman and @donny475). I also look forward to the free drink in particular.

One of my brothers got his when he was 12 years old. My other older brother got his last year at 50 years old.

But it’s been 35 years of playing for me. No ace (yet).
Welcome to the club!!
I have come close, my ball ended up 2 inches from the hole.
Maybe this will be the year!

im 31 now and have played about 24 years. None for me but had too many to count end up less than 6 inches away...I would feel like my golf life isn't complete if I dont get one

I’ve been playing 30ish years but not regularly until last year. I have had a couple “close” but never close enough.

I started playing on a course around 16. I’m 45...yet took 16 years away from the game....You do the math on that.

I have missed a HIO by this much:

View attachment 8930685

Ball literally hit the bottom of the cup!
Wow that was close. I’ve had one roll up and hit the pin and bounce back one inch from the cup. Our time will come though!

29 years, and still none. Had one several years ago bounce right in front of the cup and off the pin, but never in.

I'm 44 now, but played a little in my teens and some again in my early twenties after college (getting laid, booze, pot and I guess a college education were more important back then :p), but I only starting getting serious about the game approximately 8 years ago. Have only come close twice - a 175 yard hole within 18" inches and a 125 yard hole with the pin tuck behind a front bunker within about a foot.

It may or not happen and I'm not losing any sleep over it if it doesn't. If it does happen, I'll pocket the ball, not play it again and keep it as a memento. It'll probably be the only one I ever get.

I think I picked up a club for the first time in 1998 or 1999. so 21-22 years. plenty of holes in two. none in one.

I have been playing for over 30 years and never had one (or an eagle, read other thread). The closest I've come was last year in my member/guest. Rolled by the holed, wobbled a tiny bit thinking about going in and then stopped about 2" past the hole.

I've also never holed out from the fairway sad to say.

Played since 1991 and closest I’ve come in par 3 is foot.
I did get hole in two on par 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47 years of the most diabolical ways to NOT get one. Steele's lip out from last week? meh... been there, done that... about 10 times.

Worst part is that in nearly ALL those near aces, I could see it happening. Only twice on some blind green pin locations was I not able to see the torture- But was able to hear the pin being knocked.

I've actually given up thinking about it on the tee and just play for the best possible outcome. If it happens, fine... then I can have a stroke.

41 years and no witnessed HIO. Had one playing solo about 25 years ago. Made by far the most eagles I have ever made in one year in 2019 so hopefully 2020 will bring one, with a witness, on a par 3.
In my estimation it you made one it counts in my book. For it to be accepted by the Golf Gods, I guess there must be a witness, but I think we all believe you made one.

18 years and zip, nadda, nothing! Because close only counts with hand grenades, bad breath and now viruses I'll refrain...

Back