No Hole(s) In One - Been Playing for X Years

Well this is depressing! Guess I've been playing for about 35 years overall, no ace yet. Don't really even recall any times where I got particularly close. Not that worried about it, it would be cool, but it's not like I'm going to retire if I get one.

About 20 years and none as well. The one time I came close I had no witnesses with me so I was sorta glad it stopped right at the edge of the cup.

This year will mark my 49th year of playing golf. No hole in one in my career.

I’ve been golfing for 30 + years and no aces. Been close a few times. I don’t mind not having one yet but what I do mind is my wife asking me after every round “did you get a hole in one ?” Now that makes me scream!😃

I guess it needs to come to rest in the cup to count - - That's a tough one.
The euphoria from getting this close was crazy. I can’t imagine what it will feel like to actually get a HIO.

thereal insult was the pin/cup rejecting my ball off the green and me carding a bogey.

I played for just over 40 years before finally getting my HIO 2 years ago.

You just never know...

I played for 20 years with no ace, had 2 of them within 11 days in 1996, and now have gone 24 years without another. My friend is a scratch golfer and has 1 ace over his 40 years of golf - his later father had 11 aces. My brother just had his 5th this year and he's close to scratch; our other brother STINKS at golf and has 2...

If the hole was the size of a Frisbee, I'd be up around 20 aces by now! lol

Been playing 20+ years, none yet, had a few ball marks within a couple feet, hoping it'll happen soon....

I’m >20 years without one. I’ve got two eagles on a drivable par 4 and a well-played par 5, but I’ve never holed out past 50 yards. I’ve been tap-in distance and even went pin hunting once, but nothing dropped. I hit enough weird shots on the course one is bound to find the cup eventually!

No Aces in 3 1/2 years. This shot here in 2018 is as close as I’ve been, not much else I can do haha.

2a014b4faec9722a412141c1c72b0a52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First played in 1977, still trying for that 1st hole in one

I've been playing now for right about 20 years. I've come close to a HIO once, stopping just 6" from the cup. I've had a couple eagle hole outs but that's about it.

I have been lucky enough to get a hio once every 18 years. I have been playing this game for almost 40 years.

i probably averaged 50-60 rounds a year. This leads me to believe that the number of rounds played is proportional to the amount of luck incurred by the golfer. More rounds, more chances, more luck.

If I keep playing till age 90, I just might get lucky again.

Imo, for us amateurs, luck has more to do with this accomplishment, than skill. Skill might get some of us closer to the hole , but luck puts the ball in that hole.......most of the time. That, and proper planet alignment in Alpha Centauri.

Last edited:
I started in 1999. Played as much as I could for about 9-10 years. Played seldom (maybe 1/2 dozen rounds each year) from 2009 to 2011. Played, maybe, a couple of times from 2012 to 2016. Picked it back up in 2017 and played 50+ rounds each year since.

Zero aces. o_O

It'll come.

Aside note: The shop where I spent all my money on sims this winter has 3 GCQuad setups and is very busy. Often hard to schedule time. Owner Woody says that in the two years he's been open, he hasn't had anyone hit a hole in one. He sounded surprised when he said that. Interesting. I also asked him if he had any hole in ones. He's had two, both mulligans, meaning officially a par on the scorecard. I have no doubt that if I ever get a hole in one, it will have at least one Asterix associated with it. On a sim due to a software glitch. Squirrel put my ball in the hole. I just know it will be something weird. That's how I roll.

About 42 years for me.

My wife started in 2008 and got one a couple years ago.

25+ years for me. I've been close though.

Been golfing for 34 years, no aces yet.

Took me 38 years to get my first one. Then got my second 3 years later in 2003 and my third in 2014. Since then I have not smelled another one. In between mine my wife got her only two. However I never saw any of mine go in the hole. The first one is exciting, but the next two not so much.

Last edited:
23 Years... and Nada! Got to witness my league partner get his first last year, on a par 4! (We started playing about the same time when we were kids)

Only nine years playing and my closest one is where I bladed a wedge down toward the hole. Hit the flag dead on, bounced straight up landed 2 inches from the hole. If it would have went in, I don't think I would have been able to be proud of it lol Haven't come particularly close other than that.

Also isn't it whoever gets the hole in one buys the round? Golf is weird :ROFLMAO:

41 years and no witnessed HIO. Had one playing solo about 25 years ago. Made by far the most eagles I have ever made in one year in 2019 so hopefully 2020 will bring one, with a witness, on a par 3.

Nope still don't have one or an eagle, they can happen at anytime!

Back