"No thanks, I'm a Taylormade guy..."

If a guy comes in and says he wants to buy a shirt, and says it must be a RED one, then don't try to sell him a brown shirt, just because YOU think a brown shirt would look better on him than a RED one...

The CORRECT approach is to offer him multiple RED shirts in various styles, materials, and shades of RED, over a range of price points...then you allow HIM to make a RED shirt selection...

Sound familiar?

(RED shirt = TaylorMade)

:banghead:

Last edited:
I'm not sure this counts as "brand" loyal, but my brother is "JDM" loyal. I was like that too, although every JDM driver and hybrid I ever tried were awful

If a guy comes in and says he wants to buy a shirt, but it must be RED one, then don't try to sell him a green one, just because YOU think green would look better on him than red...

:banghead:

Are we talking sea green? Does it perform differently?

Are we talking sea green? Does it perform differently?

I think that might just be a remake of last seasons green actually.

Well, if a different color is what you seek, here's a very nice one for you....(pics below)

...and yes, this combo performs very well indeed...

:blob:

Attachments

• sldr c sole.jpg
    sldr c sole.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I am taylormade drivers and hybrids loyalist :worship::love:

I'm in the final year of a 5 year TM Embargo, but otherwise, fairly open.

I work once a week in the Golf Department at Dick's. Tonight, I had something happen that I found strange. I had a customer come in to hit and compare the M1 and the R15. He hit both about the same, although not extremely well. He also complained about the unique sound of the M1. I asked if he wanted the hit the Great Big Bertha while he was at it, he just responded, "No thanks, I'm a Taylormade guy..."

I'm all for brand loyalty (look at my signature), but I'm not so loyal that I wouldn't even demo other brands of clubs that aren't my normal brand. How many THP'er are "No thanks, I'm a Brand X guy/gal"?

Dax

Also very well could’ve been a staff guy trying to decide if he wanted to upgrade upon the new club release or if he would spend his allotted cash in a different spot

Sent from HTX

I actually have a friend who is like this. Not sure if he wouldn't try something from another brand, but he's said multiple times that he'd never buy anything but taylormade. For something that he plays a couple times a year, it's probably not hurting him. Play what you want I guess, if it makes you happy then that's all that matters.

I kind of get it. Staying on brand is easy. There are so many choices out there a player can get overwhelmed. If you stick with one brand you really narrow your choices. Personally I don’t know what harm it is to TRY another brand even if you have no intention of buying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the phrase "brand partial" because that describes me pretty well. Last year I had a bag that was almost all Callaway/Odyssey because 1. I had a wonderful CS experience with them and it really made me want to support them, and 2. their gear can always be found at great prices.

This year it's across the board because I found clubs that work well with my swing, and I'm fine with that. Heck, I never thought I'd game a Titleist driver because of their perception as being better players clubs... and here I am hitting more fairways than I ever had with a 5 yr old club.

If someone handed me a club during a demo and I clearly outhit it over every other option I tried, I'd be nuts to pass it up simply because of the logo on it. Pricetag, maybe, but not the logo.

I like”brand partial” as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Missed the initial discussion I guess, but here are just 2 cents. All the major OEMs make such wide ranges of offerings, if sticking with one OEM gives you a better feeling about your bag or more confidence in your equipment then go for it. You reserve the right to limit your options, and honestly you're not going to give up any more strokes than you'd gain by having that confidence. Lots of pros have 13 or 14 club deals and it doesn't seem to be slowing them down. A lot of pros use 2 or more OEM products in their bag, and it doesn't slow them down either. I don't think we should get worked up over what other people have or want in their bags. We're free to bicker about the reasoning, but the decision is theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Work in retail long enough and you'll see and hear everything imaginable...and a few things that aren't!

Me? I'm all about performance. Yeah, the mix of stuff in my bag shows it too.

There are lots of golfers like that. I like walking down a line of bags at a course and seeing all of the same brand in a bag.

I'll try anything, but I have my biases too that will still play into whether I put it in my bag.

I would demo anything, but as far switching from the brand I like to play it would take a good bit to do. Most major companies have a very good variety of choice that should give you a good fit. So many different ways to go about it. If a certain brand is the one you like and feel they can cover your needs then it's not a bad thing. In my case, I like how a certain company presents itself and feel they give me plenty of options to play my best (marketing works lol). I have had good experiences with Ping and feel they cover my needs. But to each his own.

Limiting yourself makes you miss out on a lot. I used to be very anti-Callaway but all that changed thanks to THP and they have been permanently in the top end of my bag for over 4 years.

I seem to fit into that mentality at time. I have always been either TM or Callaway with my drivers. Can always hit the Callaway a bit longer (with the same shaft), but usually hit the Taylormade much more accurately. Might be in my head, but I play the M2 and rarely have issues with the driver going batty...

I have a mental block with Titleist drivers. I’ve never really give one an honest chance. I have gamed almost everything else in the driver spot including less popular brands like Adams, Tour Edge, Srixon, Bridgestone, and Wilson.

Wow... A thread of mine from 2015, caught fire... lol

Last year, when we were giving away a 2 pack of Chrome Soft Balls, if you Demo’s the Epic Driver.
I had “Taylor Made Guys” refuse to hit the Callaway Driver (and I was giving away balls).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year, when we were giving away a 2 pack of Chrome Soft Balls, if you Demo’s the Epic Driver.
I had “Taylor Made Guys” refuse to hit the Callaway Driver (and I was giving away balls).

Were they TM AND ProV1 guys?

Wow, I guess that is what you call brand loyal! :)

Back