NorCal Crew hangout thread

If anyone is interested, Pebble reopens May 4. They are doing a deal, which I suspected they would, but it ain’t that great. 425. That’s the NCGA rate, but there’s no gift card now, so the deal is probably a little worse. No caddies, so you can ride one to a cart, or take a push cart. Spyglass (which is the better course anyway) also reopens. That’s 195 which is a much better deal. Same rules as Pebble. Spanish Bay doesn’t seem to be reopening just yet. I’m probably gonna jump on the Spyglass deal.

Solid Spyglass deal. Feel like the courses should be in great condition right now.

CoyoteCreek is opening both courses. Must pay fees online. Tournament course in 1 per cart. Valley course is walking only.

CoyoteCreek is opening both courses. Must pay fees online. Tournament course in 1 per cart. Valley course is walking only.

i am thinking about next week driving over the hill to either the ridges or dark horse. Anyone interested?

To far for me.
If it was closer I’d be all over it. Some day we can set something up. My mom is in Rocklin but now is not the time for a visit.

Solid Spyglass deal. Feel like the courses should be in great condition right now.
One of my regular partners lives near Laguna Seca. He says that’s looks like Augusta right now LOL

With all the fun it appears the Arizona THP league is having any thought of us Nor Cal folks starting something up? I know I am down for a once a month gathering. It might actually make me really focus on getting better.

With all the fun it appears the Arizona THP league is having any thought of us Nor Cal folks starting something up? I know I am down for a once a month gathering. It might actually make me really focus on getting better.
I’d be up for it.

How many in the Bay Area? I feel like we could easily start with two 4somes and grow it into a league.

How many in the Bay Area? I feel like we could easily start with two 4somes and grow it into a league.
I could be wrong but getting people together here could be a chore.

i am thinking about next week driving over the hill to either the ridges or dark horse. Anyone interested?
Did you ever play the ridge? I played it for the first time three weeks ago and the Ridge kicked my A$$. Shot 10 strokes over my usual score and was mentally exhausted after that round. Can’t wait to play it again :LOL:

Did you ever play the ridge? I played it for the first time three weeks ago and the Ridge kicked my A$$. Shot 10 strokes over my usual score and was mentally exhausted after that round. Can’t wait to play it again :LOL:

Never made it to the ridge but Dark horse is one of my favs.

Man this used to be such a great thread.

Last edited:
Man this used to be such a great thread. Amazing how many people have found other things to do or try so hard to avoid meet ups anymore.
I thought the same thing. I checked it out a while back and was surprised it was so quiet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hey Rock,

How’ve you been? Great to see you are still here. You been playing much?

I am in northern Nevada. I would be willing if timing works out to meet up with people on the other side of the hill.

I’m always game with a bit of notice.

@Stemmy66 @Blade Man Let's get something goin! Blademan, I had a blast playin' with you last time. Feels like forever ago

I’m down for a round as long as I am free that day.

Man this used to be such a great thread. Amazing how many people have found other things to do or try so hard to avoid meet ups anymore.
This almost qualifies as a necropost :eek::D

Glad to see that this thread has come back to life.

Other than the monthly league tournament, my golf has been mostly limited to range time and spur of the moment rounds with the wife. My schedule will hopefully open up next spring and, provided that everything hasn't burned down, I can start getting in rounds with this group of misfits.

I would love to get something going even if it’s only once or twice a year. Have always enjoyed getting together with THPers. Have missed the last couple of years of the Tahoe Open which I deeply regret. However I have 2 girls in college and have to budget my vacations a lot more than I used to have to in the past . It’s definitely been a learning experience from the point of being used to going on golf trips whenever I wanted to.

Back