NorCal Crew hangout thread

I would love to meet up, but honestly my schedule has become very difficult. Running 16-18 tournaments a year, about 4 of which are 2 days plus normal working life has got lean on free tiime.

If that is avoiding meeting up with people, well sorry.

Depending on the time and the place, I’d love to meet up with some of the old crew again!

I would love to meet up, but honestly my schedule has become very difficult. Running 16-18 tournaments a year, about 4 of which are 2 days plus normal working life has got lean on free tiime.

If that is avoiding meeting up with people, well sorry.

I shouldn’t have worded it that way and I wasn’t thinking of you when I posted that as we have played a few times over the last couple of years. I know everyone is busy with their own lives and loads of crap going on.

I guess as being a pretty boring individual, I really enjoyed the friendships that the NorCal V Socal provided at the time and all the meeting we were having within the NorCal group. I am a little different as I have never had an issue taking a road trip to go play somewhere else other than the Fresno area. No ever showed any interest in coming my way and I have always been fine with that and don’t blame anyone. I think just seeing the group kind of dissolve since the Palm Springs NorCal/SoCal of a couple years ago has been a bummer.

I shouldn’t have worded it that way and I wasn’t thinking of you when I posted that as we have played a few times over the last couple of years. I know everyone is busy with their own lives and loads of crap going on.

I guess as being a pretty boring individual, I really enjoyed the friendships that the NorCal V Socal provided at the time and all the meeting we were having within the NorCal group. I am a little different as I have never had an issue taking a road trip to go play somewhere else other than the Fresno area. No ever showed any interest in coming my way and I have always been fine with that and don’t blame anyone. I think just seeing the group kind of dissolve since the Palm Springs NorCal/SoCal of a couple years ago has been a bummer.

i know…time to grow up and move on.

I understand it, but the saying goes you get more flies with honey than ****. Not offended even if you were referring to me, just didn't make me all that excited to go for a meet up. If you look through, a lot of the people from the PS event (which if I recall had quite a few less NC players than SC players) not that many of us are even around on here much.
The other issue is the places that we used to kind of use as a half way point between the valley and us bay area stooges are not around any more (Stevinson Ranch and Diablo Grande) so it becomes a little tougher to find a place that we can attract people from different areas.

that plus a lot of places requiring prepayment... I don't enjoy paying upfront for people I see every week so can see people being leery of plunking down cash for some folks they have likely never met.

All that said, pick a place, pick a date and throw it on here and see if we can get something going. If someone/anyone doesn't drive some traffic the thread becomes what it has become, a look back at good times not a place to discuss things upcoming.

Man this used to be such a great thread.
Edited this post as it was a little harsh after re-reading what I posted. I apologize to anyone if they were offended, wasn’t the intention.

@mancest Man I sure miss Stevinson Ranch and Diablo so much. Living in Newman those courses were in my backyard and played 100's of times!

I'm in Sacramento and willing to drive just about anywhere within a few hours to play.

If you N Cally’s would like to play a round on a Sunday in the Modesto area I could set something up. There’s a muni in Modesto, Manteca & one in Atwater nothing outstanding but playable. Could head up to foothills and play Copper Valley or Greenhorn which are nice resort courses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you N Cally’s would like to play a round on a Sunday in the Modesto area I could set something up. There’s a muni in Modesto, Manteca & one in Atwater nothing outstanding but playable. Could head up to foothills and play Copper Valley or Greenhorn which are nice resort courses.

I can’t this Sunday, rain check

Man this used to be such a great thread.
I was just in your neck of the woods. We payed Dinuba on Saturday and DragonFly on Sunday. Dragonfly was my favorite. I have lifetime friend group of golf from Oakdale, Sacramento, Santa Rosa and Fowler and we stay at each others house overnight once a year and play what we call 4 Majors a year. Each time at a different house and territory. It's a tradition that I hope never stops. My "Major is next and we'll play Eagle Vines in Napa & Windsor Golf Course in Sonoma County...👍

I learned to play golf at Creekside. I still have nightmares about the par 3 hole 12. Seemed like I always missed 3‘ left of the green and it would bounce left into the hazard since it was steep slope. We have an upcoming trip to play Cooper Valley and Greenhorn when we stay In Oakdale…

With enough notice and a little convincing of the wife. I would track over the hill to the sac area or even a little deeper. Haggin oaks mckenzey course is one I have wanted to pay. Or the bridges. Plus some courses in the Bay Area. Coming from Reno I just need advanced notice.

With enough notice and a little convincing of the wife. I would track over the hill to the sac area or even a little deeper. Haggin oaks mckenzey course is one I have wanted to pay. Or the bridges. Plus some courses in the Bay Area. Coming from Reno I just need advanced notice.

Mackenzie is my home course. Its in real good condition and an easy walk.

Let do this.... well lets do this in Sacto area in another month or so.... hopefully not 100* Sacto ;) Something halfway, maybe Napa?

If ya'll make it Napa or Fairfield in between you guys, I could join in if you want to fill a tee time. I'm always down to play with some new folks.

Hey Rock,

How’ve you been? Great to see you are still here. You been playing much?

My notifications must of been turned off because I didn't see this.

I have been good, how about you? I moved to San Diego in Jan and I am working part time at a golf course and going to school. Because of my work I have been able to play once or twice a week so it has been a good move for my game.

To be continued…

I need some motivation to get out and golf more each month so I wanted to see if there was any interest in setting up some outings here throughout the year again. Goal would be to something monthly and have a pt$ system but mainly to have fun and play more golf. Mostly bay area based but obviously can expand to different areas a few times a year.
I know this thread has been slightly dead for awhile but I wanted to try and revive some of that thp nor cal group outings that were always fun.

I need some motivation to get out and golf more each month so I wanted to see if there was any interest in setting up some outings here throughout the year again. Goal would be to something monthly and have a pt$ system but mainly to have fun and play more golf. Mostly bay area based but obviously can expand to different areas a few times a year.
I know this thread has been slightly dead for awhile but I wanted to try and revive some of that thp nor cal group outings that were always fun.

i am not technically in NorCal but if there is something that fits, I don’t mind with enough notice making a drive.

@SlightDraw I am always in for some golf! Just let me know when and i'm pretty sure you have my #. Would also be nice to get @templeton80 in the mix as we have met half way a couple of times as well

I’ll be back soon, figuring out how I want to play when I reconnect, try to get good or just have some fun like last time. In the meantime I’m fighting Covid and it sucks, lol.
I’ll organize some stuff if there appears to be any interest!

cheers

Would love to get out and play with you guys again.

Back