Northern California Get Together?

CA Crew, I know it is a ways out but I will be heading to CA in Mid Oct for a wedding in Sonoma. I have never been to CA before and am pretty stoked. Will be heading out a few days prior and will be looking to play a round or two. Pretty sure we will be flying into the Bay Area, and have thrown the Pebble Beach idea out there with my wife.

I know Pebble and Sonoma are on opposite sides of San Fran, but would be worth it if I can swing it.

Anyway, how is the weather in the area around Oct?

Would anyone be interested in playing a weekday round in/around the bay area?

I'd probably be available for a weekday round. Keep updating this thread as it gets closer and we'll work something out.

Do any NorCal THPers have an opinion on Eagle Vines in Napa? We have 5 players, but we may have to only play with 4 as the NorCal courses are frowning on 5-somes...

Anyway, I'm trying to find a place to play on Saturday 04/25 early in the AM (8 would be ideal). I was also thinking, that if there are 3 THPers that might want to play at that time, we could get 2 tee times and have a good game with 8 players.

I'd welcome any thoughts or suggestions - thanks!

I was thinking a 9:30 am tee time but am flexible. I just need to work around dropping off my kids at preschool by 9am and then picking them up by 5pm.

I look forward to meeting you and other THP'ers too.

Man, I just realized how expensive Harding is! I think they bumped the rates up before the Match Play in April. $91 to walk for me, hope you have a SF residents card to bring it down a bit for you! If we could make it closer to 10:30/11 that would work better for me. That way I can come in at 6 and work a half day before sneaking out.

Let me know if that fits for you, either in the thread or shoot me a PM and we can exchange Cell numbers to hammer out the details.

Northern California Get Together?

Do any NorCal THPers have an opinion on Eagle Vines in Napa? We have 5 players, but we may have to only play with 4 as the NorCal courses are frowning on 5-somes...

Anyway, I'm trying to find a place to play on Saturday 04/25 early in the AM (8 would be ideal). I was also thinking, that if there are 3 THPers that might want to play at that time, we could get 2 tee times and have a good game with 8 players.

I'd welcome any thoughts or suggestions - thanks!

Love that place, challenging layout among the rolling hills and Vineyards. It's right in my backyard!! Elevated tee boxes, fast and tricky greens, always well kept. My favorite hole is a downhill par 3 hitting onto an island green. If I can get the ok from the Mrs (assuming we don't have a function that day) I'd love to join!

Edit: All systems go for me... Count me in!!

Love that place, challenging layout among the rolling hills and Vineyards. It's right in my backyard!! Elevated tee boxes, fast and tricky greens, always well kept. My favorite hole is a downhill par 3 hitting onto an island green. If I can get the ok from the Mrs (assuming we don't have a function that day) I'd love to join!

Nice! I looked on GolfNow but they don't have any tee times that far out. Today's times are like $44, so that sounds like a great deal. I've got a message into the pro shop to book a time, and to find out if they will allow 5-somes. I'm going to assume they won't, so it would be great to have you and 2 others so we could make two 4-somes!

Nice! I looked on GolfNow but they don't have any tee times that far out. Today's times are like $44, so that sounds like a great deal. I've got a message into the pro shop to book a time, and to find out if they will allow 5-somes. I'm going to assume they won't, so it would be great to have you and 2 others so we could make two 4-somes!

Sounds good... I have some buddies too I can ask if we need fillers. Just let me know!

Sounds good... I have some buddies too I can ask if we need fillers. Just let me know!

Eagle Vines just emailed me. They don't allow 5, and they have 2 times back-to-back at 8:07 and 8:15. They need a credit card to book the times. I just asked what the cancellation policy was if I booked today. I can book one time on my card.

While I'm waiting for an answer, how soon could you get 3 players together and would you guys be able to hold one of the times on your card?

Eagle Vines just emailed me. They don't allow 5, and they have 2 times back-to-back at 8:07 and 8:15. They need a credit card to book the times. I just asked what the cancellation policy was if I booked today. I can book one time on my card.

While I'm waiting for an answer, how soon could you get 3 players together and would you guys be able to hold one of the times on your card?

I can start asking now and I can hold one on my card. It would just be to keep our tee time, and we'd pay at the course right? How much did they quote you?

$44 is really good on golfnow. On Eagle's website tee times for sat April 4 are twice that price.

Man, I just realized how expensive Harding is! I think they bumped the rates up before the Match Play in April. $91 to walk for me, hope you have a SF residents card to bring it down a bit for you! If we could make it closer to 10:30/11 that would work better for me. That way I can come in at 6 and work a half day before sneaking out.

Let me know if that fits for you, either in the thread or shoot me a PM and we can exchange Cell numbers to hammer out the details.

That works for me. I've got my resident card. I'll PM you you my cell. I can't wait!

This is is an open invite to any other THP'ers available for a round at Harding Park in San Fran next Thursday (3/19), 10:30/11:00 tee time.

I can start asking now and I can hold one on my card. It would just be to keep our tee time, and we'd pay at the course right? How much did they quote you?

$44 is really good on golfnow. On Eagle's website tee times for sat April 4 are twice that price.

Well - he just emailed me back saying there was a 24-hour cancellation policy, and he will not run the card until we are inside that period. So I went ahead and gave him my credit card for both times. It is $89 per person, so as time draws near, we can try and book cheaper through GolfNow and I'll cancel if we can. Our only concern is that we do need to play early so we can make it back in time for an afternoon wine tasting.

Obviously, the 8:07 and 8:15 times will not show up on GolfNow because I have them booked.

So it all looks good. Worst case is we keep those times and everyone can pay me at the course. Let me know if/when you get 2 others to play with us. I'm looking forward to playing with my first THPer!

When we have 8 guys, we can get our handicaps together and get some friendly bets going :)

That works for me. I've got my resident card. I'll PM you you my cell. I can't wait!

This is is an open invite to any other THP'ers available for a round at Harding Park in San Fran next Thursday (3/19), 10:30/11:00 tee time.

Hoping to play with Ron next Thursday, but wont be sure if I can make it til next week. In the meantime I am currently staying in Daly City and would like to play tomorrow (Friday 13th!!) if anyone is interested? Am open to suggestions on time and venue!

image.jpg1_zps1ra18yhr.jpg

For those who might be interested in going. I will be there for the 12-1:30 clinic.

Hi guys, new member here...based in the Bay Area so would be keen to get involved in some THP organized rounds later this year. Cheers

Hi guys, new member here...based in the Bay Area so would be keen to get involved in some THP organized rounds later this year. Cheers

Welcome to THP! I'm in SF..Hope to meet you on the course someday.

Brianbigoats made the drive down and played Fort Washington with me yesterday morning. Other than the greens getting punched earlier in the week, conditions couldn't have been much better. We had a good time and he can give his impressions of the course, but we bot think the rest of the NorCal Crew would enjoy it.

Brianbigoats made the drive down and played Fort Washington with me yesterday morning. Other than the greens getting punched earlier in the week, conditions couldn't have been much better. We had a good time and he can give his impressions of the course, but we bot think the rest of the NorCal Crew would enjoy it.

Thanks for hosting me eddie
The Course is in fantastic shape i had a great time it was alot of fun playing with you
I think that The Fort would be a great place for a NorCal meet up it is a really fun course and the drive from Lodi was not that bad.

Thanks for hosting me eddie
The Course is in fantastic shape i had a great time it was alot of fun playing with you
I think that The Fort would be a great place for a NorCal meet up it is a really fun course and the drive from Lodi was not that bad.

I am in, let me know a date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who might be interested in going. I will be there for the 12-1:30 clinic.

I wish I could get up there for this event but unfortunately can't. Hopefully there will be another similar event in the near future.

Anyone played the Bridges in San Ramon? I am playing there tomorrow(1:45pm) for the first time and heard it's a pretty tough course....

I love The Bridges. You need to be in the fairway off the tees and there are a bunch of forced carries, especially from the tee boxes but also on approach shots. It's been over a year since I've played there, but the course has always been in great shape. Rely on the cart girls for beverages if you partake as the front 9 does not end at the clubhouse. You should have a blast but if your aim is off, it will require an extra sleeve or two. I've never had a bad time on that course.

I am in, let me know a date.

I'm pretty flexible, so let's find a weekend that works for the most people before it gets too hot. My suggestion would be a Sunday round teeing off around noon and there's a great brunch that anyone interested could load up on before.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Anyone played the Bridges in San Ramon? I am playing there tomorrow(1:45pm) for the first time and heard it's a pretty tough course....

Also have played the bridges a few times. Its a great track and Rob pretty much nailed it. Some blind shots and distances can be hard to judge visually. Trust your yardages and hit it straight.

Just wanted to thank THP'er mancest for joining me at TPC Harding Park today. I hope to get out there again soon.

Back