Northern California Get Together?

Just wanted to thank THP'er mancest for joining me at TPC Harding Park today. I hope to get out there again soon.

Thanks for getting me out there!

This was Ron's first round in quite a while (15 years!!!) but he has a nice swing... Watch out for this guy as he gets everything smoothed out.

We will have to get out again soon, the weather is way too nice not too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty flexible, so let's find a weekend that works for the most people before it gets too hot. My suggestion would be a Sunday round teeing off around noon and there's a great brunch that anyone interested could load up on before.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, had a look at the course and it looks great! Would love to tag along on this trip if possible!

I'm pretty flexible, so let's find a weekend that works for the most people before it gets too hot. My suggestion would be a Sunday round teeing off around noon and there's a great brunch that anyone interested could load up on before.

Thanks for the invitation Eddie. This sure sounds like fun. My weekends are crazy unpredictable over the next few months, but I sure hope it works so I can head up and experience your course.

Anyone played the Bridges in San Ramon? I am playing there tomorrow(1:45pm) for the first time and heard it's a pretty tough course....

Ryan - If you can, pop back on in here and let us know what you thought of your Bridges experience.

If you guys go ahead with this let me know and I might be able to make the drive up. Sundays and Mondays are my days off so this might be the ticket for me. I'd love to tee it up with you guys sometime.

Hey guys, had a look at the course and it looks great! Would love to tag along on this trip if possible!

If you ever want to get together here in the Bay, Ron S and I are in the area and at least I am always looking for an excuse to get out and play.

You're more than welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you guys go ahead with this let me know and I might be able to make the drive up. Sundays and Mondays are my days off so this might be the ticket for me. I'd love to tee it up with you guys sometime.

We will definitely have the details in here as they develop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of taking a day off from work to get a round in either during the week of 4/27 or on 5/7 or 5/8. I'm not sure where yet but TPC Harding Park will be closed the week of 4/27 for the WGC Cadillac Match Play tourney, so I'm thinking maybe Presidio but am open to other courses around the Bay if someone wants to join me.

Northern California Get Together?

Well - he just emailed me back saying there was a 24-hour cancellation policy, and he will not run the card until we are inside that period. So I went ahead and gave him my credit card for both times. It is $89 per person, so as time draws near, we can try and book cheaper through GolfNow and I'll cancel if we can. Our only concern is that we do need to play early so we can make it back in time for an afternoon wine tasting.

Obviously, the 8:07 and 8:15 times will not show up on GolfNow because I have them booked.

So it all looks good. Worst case is we keep those times and everyone can pay me at the course. Let me know if/when you get 2 others to play with us. I'm looking forward to playing with my first THPer!

When we have 8 guys, we can get our handicaps together and get some friendly bets going :)

I've reached out to my guys but no one's gotten back to me yet. Anyway, Eagle Vines has just punched but should heal up nicely when we get out. Also, not all of the vineyards in the area are blooming... Actually most are bare which kinda sucks scenery wise but the course should be nice nonetheless.

This may be a far fetched idea but maybe some of you Nor Cal folks can play us the So Cal guys in Paso Robles. There's a nice GC called Hunter Ranch.
I google mapped it and from LA to Paso Robles & SF to Paso is about the same distance. (roughly 200 miles each way)
Obviously it would be a 3 day weekend get-together; hopefully we can fit 2 to 3 rounds of golf. I know there's a lot of nice wineries around so when we're not playing golf; we have more options in the area with family, etc.

Here's the link to the GC: http://www.hunterranchgolf.com/
Maybe in August, September, October...?
Just an idea...

We could have the California Cup! Nor Cal vs So Cal, 2 day match play event!!! Would give me an excuse to play golf and drink too much wine!

This may be a far fetched idea but maybe some of you Nor Cal folks can play us the So Cal guys in Paso Robles. There's a nice GC called Hunter Ranch.
I google mapped it and from LA to Paso Robles & SF to Paso is about the same distance. (roughly 200 miles each way)
Obviously it would be a 3 day weekend get-together; hopefully we can fit 2 to 3 rounds of golf. I know there's a lot of nice wineries around so when we're not playing golf; we have more options in the area with family, etc.

Just an idea...

Just an idea...

I would definitely be in for this if I'm available. Also would be pretty close for the guys in the central valley coming over on the 46.

I'm on vacation starting the 29th of October and lasting through November 5th. So if the time can be scheduled so it doesn't conflict, a Paso Robles area event sounds great. I've only played Hunter Ranch once, but I do recall it being a nice track with some interest and challenges.

I think that would be a ton of fun. Paso is a great middle ground and there are some pretty excellent courses with Hunter Ranch as one of the better ones. After Hunter, the best course IMO is Monarch Dunes and its about 45 minutes south of Paso Robles in Nipomo.

I play Hunter Ranch pretty regularly (as well as the others) and would be happy to help put everything together.

I think that would be a ton of fun. Paso is a great middle ground and there are some pretty excellent courses with Hunter Ranch as one of the better ones. After Hunter, the best course IMO is Monarch Dunes and its about 45 minutes south of Paso Robles in Nipomo.

I play Hunter Ranch pretty regularly (as well as the others) and would be happy to help put everything together.

Pretty pricey for Hunter Ranch eh? If it's a 3 day vacation, I have no problem paying.
For those whom are coming from far away, maybe we can rent a house for the weekend instead of a hotel... I'm just throwing a lot of ideas; still not sure if this could be done.

Sounds like fun guys! Let's keep this idea moving forward...

We used to do this as a group on another forum. We would meet in Pismo on Friday night and have dinner at a really nice Italian restaurant. Play golf Saturday and have dinner at Jocko's. Sunday we would conclude with 18 at Monarch Dunes. It was a great time. I would be up for anything around that area.

I would be interested in something like this. Paso is a lot farther than 200 miles from sac/sf/NorCal area. It's a 4 1/2 hour drive. Longer if people are north of sac.

But sounds fun, I would probably still drive down there for a few games.

ken

Paso is 205 miles from LA & SF (according to Google), it takes just under 3.5 hours. We are about 4.5 hours from Sacramento. Something in the valley might be easier, would Fresno be the middle ground? But c'mon, who doesn't want to hit the central coast? :clapp:

Paso is 205 miles from LA & SF (according to Google), it takes just under 3.5 hours. We are about 4.5 hours from Sacramento. Something in the valley might be easier, would Fresno be the middle ground? But c'mon, who doesn't want to hit the central coast? :clapp:

Yah, I would prefer SLO to Fresno, no contest, lol.

Fresno area has a few nice courses to choose from. Although a Hunter's Ranch/Monarch Dunes combo is tough to beat. I think if we plan it far enough in advance, it would be able to accommodate everyone. Just eating at Jocko's is enough reason to want to head over there.

After Hunter, the best course IMO is Monarch Dunes and its about 45 minutes south of Paso Robles in Nipomo.

La Purisima is the best course in the area IMO, but that's another 45 min south. :). You'll have to come down and try it sometime.
08eaa8be436aa21be873616a3b89e32d.jpg

I think paso robles would be a solid choice. I haven't played HR, but I think it would serve our purposes. Paso Robles has some amazing restaurants (Artisan and Bistro Laurent are flat out amazing) and there are great wineries as we all know. It's also close enough to multiple beach towns that anyone who wanted to make a dinner run could do so. For me personally, doing it in the fall would probably be best.

I played HR with theheez this past winter. I really enjoyed it.

I'm in, of course. I know it would be hot as hell, but I would vote for something summer-ish (like late july / early august) as easier to get vacation. Heck, even June.

Otherwise, scheduling on any long weekend would be appreciated...

Back