Handicap
oob 4.4
here is my stats for the last 5 rounds.
1/24Bright Leaf Glf Resort: 18-Hole Crs85
1/23Hickory Hills CC83
1/22Hickory Hills CC78
1/21Old Bridge GC82
1/20Hickory Hills CC77

it says i have a handicap of 4.6 how is that.

1/23Hickory Hills CC83
1/22Hickory Hills CC78
1/21Old Bridge GC82
1/20Hickory Hills CC77

cause it takes only 1 of your 5 rounds I believe since you dont have enough for 10 out of 20

ok thx mike appreciate it.

ok thx mike appreciate it.

no problem, Ive seen the breakdown somewhere, but cant find it now, might be on oob's site somewhere too

Yeah it takes your best score of 5, top 2 scores of 10, and I don't remember the rest

Scores EnteredLowest Scores Used
> 2010
15-166
13-145
11-124
9-103
7-82
5-61

That is from the oob website

thx man so it only uses you lowest scores. i didnt know that seems it should do a average lol. i guess my handicap is lower than i thought.

Does anyone have info on how close the OOB index is to an official USGA index?

was about to ask the same thing lol.

It also has to do with the difficulty of the course. That's why it isn't based on averages.

Everyone's handicap is usually a bit lower than they think it is if they don't currently keep one. A handicap is a measure of your scoring potential, NOT your scoring average. My handicap is 13.3 but my scoring average is 90.

OOB calc is the same, you just have to watch for outdated slope/ratings. Ive found a few, but no big deal, easy to modify

yea i would have thought my country club course was easy compaired to most. i thought since i usually shoot a 78-80 there that i would be about a 10 handicap.

oob is a great place to keep scores for free and I like their app as well.
I've used the site for years w/o any trouble.

dug up some score cards from the last month or so. entered them in and it says my handicap is a 4.8. the course i mainly play is pretty easy i dont think they have it rated right. i probabaly avg 79-80 on this course.

played 27 today and 27 2 days ago. got a putting tip from a friend out of 54 holes i have had 98 putts that a huge improvement for me. i usualy have 36 to 40 putts a round. i shot 77, 75, and 76. my scoring avg is 79.2 my handicap is 5.1. i think that will drop now soon as i get some more scores entered.

played 36 holes today shot 37 on every 9 lol. first time i ever done that. that brought my handicap down to 4.7. there is no way i play to a 4.7 they have to have the rating on my home course wrong or something. its only about 6300 yds or so. not a whole lot of trouble anywhere. if you hit the ball short there is some traps and a bunch of trees but im beyond them maybe thats why it seems that way idk. only one teer greens not a whole lot of break in 6 of them. 3 of thems pretty tough.

Everyone's handicap is usually a bit lower than they think it is if they don't currently keep one. A handicap is a measure of your scoring potential, NOT your scoring average.

Also remember if you are new to handicapping you count your ESC on blowups not the actual score. Note that it is the course adjusted handicap not your straight handicap that sets the max.

f10d4ff4-50d3-4c21-9805-dc905269c1de.gif

played 36 holes today shot 37 on every 9 lol. first time i ever done that. that brought my handicap down to 4.7. there is no way i play to a 4.7 they have to have the rating on my home course wrong or something. its only about 6300 yds or so. not a whole lot of trouble anywhere. if you hit the ball short there is some traps and a bunch of trees but im beyond them maybe thats why it seems that way idk. only one teer greens not a whole lot of break in 6 of them. 3 of thems pretty tough.

What course is it? In the old days we used to estimate the course rating by dividing the yardage by 200 and adding 38.25. You could use that to see if the course rating seems reasonable.

1/23Hickory Hills CC83
1/22Hickory Hills CC78
1/21Old Bridge GC82
1/20Hickory Hills CC77

LOL... After 5 years of not keeping track, I started OOB tracking and I started as 4.2 and foolishly I thought I had kept my game up through mental desire to return to golf one day... After four months of regular golfing it has found the correct {?} number under 10 and still working on it.

its hickory hills country club liberty ky. i play from the blues.

LOL... After 5 years of not keeping track, I started OOB tracking and I started as 4.2 and foolishly I thought I had kept my game up through mental desire to return to golf one day... After four months of regular golfing it has found the correct {?} number under 10 and still working on it.

i really just learned the proper way to putt using shoulders and keeping arms and wrist and head still. this has took at least 4 stroks a round off my game. so i think mine will get lower as i go now. if i ever learn to hit irons ill be all set. its the courses with the 200yd par 3s that killl me lol. got one with a 630yd par 5 that hole gets me most of the time to lol. i have got there in 2 a few times tho.

With all the tips I tried to incorporate, I was doing something that I wasn't aware of till some ex-pro saw my swing. My wrist was too active. For whatever it's worth, I thought I share it so you get your iron game ON and hit Longer and right down the fairway.

i really just learned the proper way to putt using shoulders and keeping arms and wrist and head still. this has took at least 4 stroks a round off my game. so i think mine will get lower as i go now. if i ever learn to hit irons ill be all set. its the courses with the 200yd par 3s that killl me lol. got one with a 630yd par 5 that hole gets me most of the time to lol. i have got there in 2 a few times tho.

you know competing on the long drive tour i really throw my hands at the ball when hitting driver. that may be killing my irons tho idk. it has to be something im doing with a iron that dont work. i hit about a quarter sized spot on the face of my driver. with a iron i may hit it fat thin or anywhere inbetween lol.

Back