Same! While the circumstances suck, being able to attend the only October Masters would be pretty cool. I'm really hoping they don't re-draw the lottery though.

I don’t think there is anyway they will redraw. The interesting thing is they could easily send out new tickets and those who have sold their tickets(forbidden by AG) to other individuals or ticket brokers would be exposed, lol.

The average Augusta weather in October is also perfect for golf and about 4 degrees warmer than it is in early April.
The question is whether or not Augusta National will allow it to be played then. If the azaleas are not in bloom and it doesn't look like perfection will they want it to go on?

The question is whether or not Augusta National will allow it to be played then. If the azaleas are not in bloom and it doesn't look like perfection will they want it to go on?

Remember the year they bloomed too early and Amen corner was sparse? They'll still do it, and in theory, it would look just fine in October with similar turf conditions.

Remember the year they bloomed too early and Amen corner was sparse? They'll still do it, and in theory, it would look just fine in October with similar turf conditions.
Good point, but I remember how unhappy they were about that. I've heard all sorts of rumors that the course itself is only open for members for a limited season due to the quest to have it look like perfection when playing. I don't know how much of that is nonsense / myths but I hope they have it this year!!

Good point, but I remember how unhappy they were about that. I've heard all sorts of rumors that the course itself is only open for members for a limited season due to the quest to have it look like perfection when playing. I don't know how much of that is nonsense / myths but I hope they have it this year!!

True, the course is typically open for members November to end of May. This would be the prep right before the course is open to them so in theory, it wouldn't mess with them too much.

Just saw this. This either means it's "confirmed" or those are at least the dates that they are setting aside for it. Interesting to say the least
Here's the ESPN story on it as well.

Last edited:
Absolutely HAVE to have an orange jacket.

Two trips to Augusta within a year sounds special!

I hope it gets played. The Masters is my favorite time of the year. Had my girls come watch Tiger and Frank win last year.

Our offices down near Augusta is magically dealing with a bunch of hotel reservations that are being cancelled for a training courses in October.

Thought I saw somewhere that this was postponed until 2021.

That was a rumour. Ryder Cup themselves have said it wasn't true.

In these bad times, I hope they can play it in October. The course will play completely differently, I imagine. and instead of azaleas in bloom, maybe we will see Autumn colors.

October should work really well if it happens. The weather is generally better in October here than April, similar temps but usually less humid. The course should play similarly, but the colors will be totally different, tho I suspect there are plenty of fall blooms there as well. The hardwood trees will still be green until early to mid November. A lot of things are pointing toward this happening, pandemic permitting.

October should work really well if it happens. The weather is generally better in October here than April, similar temps but usually less humid. The course should play similarly, but the colors will be totally different, tho I suspect there are plenty of fall blooms there as well. The hardwood trees will still be green until early to mid November. A lot of things are pointing toward this happening, pandemic permitting.
I'm hoping so, not just because I love the Masters but because hopefully that means we are past this pandemic!!

Uhm, yes please.

IMG_2985.JPG

Per today's GolfWorld article, Augusta National is now looking at early November with better conditions (and weather) more ideal for the tournament

Per today's GolfWorld article, Augusta National is now looking at early November with better conditions (and weather) more ideal for the tournament
The pictures I've seen of it in the fall look incredible!

Man, could make for a crazy 2-3 months for golf.

Yes ...1585919937454.png

yes... 1585919956799.png

and more yes.... 1585919994052.png

(photos are from golf.com and check out the article for more golf.com)

I’d love to just see the masters played in 2020. The fall would be great but the fall colors in Georgia can come in October or December and anywhere in between depending on when it gets cold. I really think those pictures are a bit aspirational and wouldn’t be reality, but hey who knows, ANGC has the power to cover the course in a dome, drop the temperature for a week and watch everything turn orange red and yellow, lol.

Those fall colors at Augusta are gorgeous!! Let's hold a fall tournament every year!!

Back