Odyssey Covers Thread

They did last year for $100, 10-20 pieces each style and I believe two majors sold out ASAP while the other took some time. I'm trying to find the PGA champ blade one and think I found one on eBay

I'll say the same thing I say about Scotty selling his limited gear for 85 shipped... I think that price is atrocious.... and honestly kind of offensive. I'd rather buy a new MD3 wedge than pay 90 dollars more than what a cover actually costs. You can sell me on 40 and probably even 50 all day long for limited.. But 100 is simply offensive.

Additionally, I really don't get why they'd charge so much. Not unlike the clothes we buy, it's basically free advertising when we rock these crazy limited covers in our bags. Do they suddenly become less awesome because the average THPer can buy it?

Odyssey Covers Thread

I'll say the same thing I say about Scotty selling his limited gear for 85 shipped... I think that price is atrocious.... and honestly kind of offensive. I'd rather buy a new MD3 wedge than pay 90 dollars more than what a cover actually costs. You can sell me on 40 and probably even 50 all day long for limited.. But 100 is simply offensive.

Additionally, I really don't get why they'd charge so much. Not unlike the clothes we buy, it's basically free advertising when we rock these crazy limited covers in our bags. Do they suddenly become less awesome because the average THPer can buy it?

They told us they don't want to take away from the exclusivity of them. I don't agree, but that was their reasoning

I have an Odyssey Buckets mallet cover but sadly after only a few rounds in my bad the piping had ripped up pretty awful. Is this common?

I have an Odyssey Buckets mallet cover but sadly after only a few rounds in my bad the piping had ripped up pretty awful. Is this common?

Yep happened to both of mine

They told us they don't want to take away from the exclusivity of them. I don't disagree, but that was their reasoning

I guess.. And that's great for the 20 guys who laugh at the idea of spending 100 dollars, but sucks for 99.9% of everyone else who actually cares about their money and wants to rock a cool cover. I should also say that I am not as annoyed by it with the N3J or buckets etc and moreso about their major covers.... And maybe that wouldn't be as bad if they actually had some cool covers to buy beyond the stock covers offered.

I'm not trying to be hateful, I just don't like that kind of exclusion. They've created something cool, and I would love to see it in golf bags, not just on shelves.

I guess.. And that's great for the 20 guys who laugh at the idea of spending 100 dollars, but sucks for 99.9% of everyone else who actually cares about their money and wants to rock a cool cover.

I'm not trying to be hateful, I just don't like that kind of exclusion. They've created something cool, and I would love to see it in golf bags, not just on shelves.

And that $100 sale price goes way out of the window once it hits the secondary market. The last No 3 Jacks I saw on eBay sold for $250. Another one sold on another forum for $300. Just crazy

I guess.. And that's great for the 20 guys who laugh at the idea of spending 100 dollars, but sucks for 99.9% of everyone else who actually cares about their money and wants to rock a cool cover.

Agreed 100%. My quote was supposed to say agree not disagree. I would love for them to be affordable and available for many

I kind of think we as consumers dictate that pricing if it is to low it is another issue of having a flock of people buying them and not being able to get one.

Also I personally would rather see the company sell them high and profit rather then people buying them just to flip on eBay and making 5x-10x what they paid. I know limited items will always be flipped but I can't stand seeing something being bought with no intention of keeping it. Takes away the opportunity for people who truly want the cover to collect/game

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

And that $100 sale price goes way out of the window once it hits the secondary market. The last No 3 Jacks I saw on eBay sold for $250. Another one sold on another forum for $300. Just crazy
Agreed 100%. My quote was supposed to say agree not disagree. I would love for them to be affordable and available for many

I edited my former post to note that it doesn't bother me as much with the ultra limited ones like N3J, but moreso with the majors covers..

Having been a big collector of other headcovers, it's pretty underwhelming when the only Odyssey options for non-gamer covers are a swirl, cammo, and Mauduro (at a very reasonable 25 dollars). Maybe that's why it bothers me the way it does. We need options with the Odyssey logo on them!!

I edited my former post to note that it doesn't bother me as much with the ultra limited ones like N3J, but moreso with the majors covers..

Having been a big collector of other headcovers, it's pretty underwhelming when the only Odyssey options for non-gamer covers are a swirl, cammo, and Mauduro (at a very reasonable 25 dollars). Maybe that's why it bothers me the way it does. We need options with the Odyssey logo on them!!

Ok now I gotcha. I would agree. You can never have too many golfers with badass head covers with your brand name on it in their bag

I kind of think we as consumers dictate that pricing if it is to low it is another issue of having a flock of people buying them and not being able to get one.

Also I personally would rather see the company sell them high and profit rather then people buying them just to flip on eBay and making 5x-10x what they paid. I know limited items will always be flipped but I can stand seeing something being bought with no intention of keeping it. Takes away the opportunity for people who truly want the cover to collect/game

Interesting. Do you think the sale price of a 1/20 cover is dictated by consumers or by whatever they feel like selling them for? I bet the same people paying 100 would pay 200.. Maybe even 300. The "tour" covers from another maker are going for thousands on the bay. Can't imagine these would be much different. But, that's not really a concern of mine. 100 bucks is well out of my range for something that won't last a full season.

Interesting. Do you think the sale price of a 1/20 cover is dictated by consumers or by whatever they feel like selling them for? I bet the same people paying 100 would pay 200.. Maybe even 300. The "tour" covers from another maker are going for thousands on the bay. Can't imagine these would be much different. But, that's not really a concern of mine. 100 bucks is well out of my range for something that won't last a full season.
I think if they had a bunch of releases that didn't sell at $100 they would lower the price or do something different yes. Likewise if they see their covers selling for 2-3x (many times more) than the asking price I think you will eventually see price increases.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ok now I gotcha. I would agree. You can never have too many golfers with badass head covers with your brand name on it in their bag

haha that's what I was thinking!! Thoughts aren't intended to go at Odyssey, I'm just jealous of some of these beauties!

I do think the cover on the milled #2 looks very good. I like the material they selected for it.

IMO the exclusivity is why I collect them. Yes they sit on my shelf, but I also rotate them out and game them.

The price is subjective and while I see where a $100 price tag can put some off, it's also what allows them to be limited.

I think Odyssey could tier out their offering and have a few in the $50 range and the more exclusive in the $100 range

IMO the exclusivity is why I collect them. Yes they sit on my shelf, but I also rotate them out and game them.

The price is subjective and while I see where a $100 price tag can put some off, it's also what allows them to be limited.

I think Odyssey could tier out their offering and have a few in the $50 range and the more exclusive in the $100 range

I think that would be awesome too, Mike! There has to be a market here for 40-50 dollar "not-AS-limited" covers from Odyssey.

I think that would be awesome too, Mike! There has to be a market here for 40-50 dollar "not-AS-limited" covers from Odyssey.

And IMO those are the major offerings. The only major cover I paid full price for was the US Open covers & the others while nice, no way I was paying that much for those. I think the major covers at $50 are better than at $100.

I agree that there should be more options from odyssey. Clearly there is a market for them and at 50 range they'd sell like hot cakes. They really should make a bunch at that price point (multiple releases per year like the majors) then have more limited ones (yearly release) at the 100 mark

Got a lead on OG no 3 jacks headcover. Just hoping I sent the email in time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a lead on OG no 3 jacks headcover. Just hoping I sent the email in time

It's the Pandora's box that's been opened for many here lol

It's the Pandora's box that's been opened for many here lol

#gateway #joiningtheclub

I really want one of those drain blade covers.

I may have an IOD blade cover just chilling here. not 100% on that though.

That's the one in searching for. IOD!

Well hello there old friend...

Back