Odyssey Head Covers

They’re fine for display on a shelf, but if they have the piping and are out into the bag for rounds they will not last. Even my grandaddy covers were beaten up.
I stopped gaming my grandaddy covers for this reason

I stopped gaming my grandaddy covers for this reason
Yup, it makes me sad still.

@Canadan and I had a deep conversation about cover quality with someone formerly involved, it was enlightening.

I really want the McLovin cover and the Cactus Ale cover lol

200023000951_525940_0.jpg
I went through 2 of these over a 10 year period. Had the matching grip as well.

Yup, it makes me sad still.

@Canadan and I had a deep conversation about cover quality with someone formerly involved, it was enlightening.

I miss Maki’s work in both covers and major bags.

I’ve had a few Odyssey covers over the years. Most notable are the dropping bombs cover, which is awesome, and the Big Lebowski cover. I’m not sure I’ve seen another Big Lebowski The Dude cover in the wild but I know there are some out there. It’s got some fluff too haha feels like a Swag cover but it’s velcro instead of magnets.CE3439B2-FCB0-4569-8D95-C286FBCE658E.jpeg78B6B92D-5322-4766-9E66-9BD2431D3749.jpegC47AB1C5-1C9C-406B-BB3B-5DD75E851023.jpeg

Toulon needs to come out with some heat soon

I had a mallet one that I loved and was stolen. Wish I still had it 547B323A-B4B9-472F-9BFC-B94FD52085E0.jpeg

I’ve had a few Odyssey covers over the years. Most notable are the dropping bombs cover, which is awesome, and the Big Lebowski cover. I’m not sure I’ve seen another Big Lebowski The Dude cover in the wild but I know there are some out there. It’s got some fluff too haha feels like a Swag cover but it’s velcro instead of magnets.View attachment 9161116View attachment 9161117View attachment 9161118
That one was made by EP iirc. There are also a handful of Toulon covers which were before the acquisition by Odyssey. They’ve made the choice for quality a few times, but most times it’s just about keeping costs down and as such the quality is historically more yuck than yay.

This one matches my Limited Edition

1677758995508.png

A

They had a vampire one I thought was pretty sick, I sat on my hands though unfortunately and now I can’t find it anywhere.

I loved the look of the classic Odyssey special event ones. Then they fell off for a while, IMO, but now are completely back and :love:

I am not sure I would game them for more than a round (like playing a US Open one at the time of the US Open, St. Patty's Day around the holiday, etc). and instead keep them on display. My wife is more into the collectable headcovers, I appreciate them a lot but tend to be more of a pragmatist and treating them for what they are, protective covers. I had an old, thick and reinforced tube sock (like the kind you would wear playing soccer or skiing or something) on a wood back in the day!

The Jason one from a while back is still my favourite.

I can't decide how I feel about this one
I like it, but not enough to buy it. I do need a St. Patrick’s Day cover though…

If anyone is selling any rare odyssey Mallet covers I am Interested in buying. Took a few years off and sold a couple. Trying to get back into it

I hope Odyssey has been paying attention to the absolute freight train that has been Swag and Hatch in terms of headcover releases. All it takes us some creativity, quality and having your own thing to play off of and you’re in business. Skulls, eggs or No 3 Jacks, there is a starving market of collectors and dudes who want sweet stuff in their bags and they’re missing out

I hope Odyssey has been paying attention to the absolute freight train that has been Swag and Hatch in terms of headcover releases. All it takes us some creativity, quality and having your own thing to play off of and you’re in business. Skulls, eggs or No 3 Jacks, there is a starving market of collectors and dudes who want sweet stuff in their bags and they’re missing out
We want quality stuff that will last foremost though. That’s been Odyssey’s biggest issue.

We want quality stuff that will last foremost though. That’s been Odyssey’s biggest issue.
Ya I mentioned quality and I should have mentioned it first. I hate how easily the cover piping rips. It’s the reason my favorite ones don’t ever see the course

Letting go of Christian was the beginning of the end for their designs. They can get the best quality covers, but with 4th grade clip art it will be a joke and not worth owning imo.

Last edited:
Letting go of Christian was the béfelo min god the end for their designs. They can get the best quality covers, but with 4th grade clip art it will be a joke and not worth owning imo.
I’d take durable clip art over fall-a-part art.

Back