Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Putters

I swore that I would never spend a ton of money on a putter, but then I read all about the Stroke Lab technology and it’s rave reviews. Saved some cash, went to the nearest Golf Galaxy to try some out, pulled the trigger on a new SL BoP, and have never once regretted it. As a beginner golfer I’m not expecting miracles, but I found I am easily making more 3ft - 6ft putts then with my past putter (Tommy Armour Impact 3), and overall I’m putting with much more confidence. This thing just feels great and makes me feel more comfortable, which can only lead to better results.

Question for the Stroke Lab experts. I’m thinking of getting myself a 10. I won’t be using a triple track ball. Is there a benefit to the triple track on the putter without using the ball?

Question for the Stroke Lab experts. I’m thinking of getting myself a 10. I won’t be using a triple track ball. Is there a benefit to the triple track on the putter without using the ball?
I use my TT Ten this way. I think it helps get the puTTer squared up to the line you want. I don't use the ball.

I use my TT Ten this way. I think it helps get the puTTer squared up to the line you want. I don't use the ball.

That’s what I’m looking for is getting the putter more square to the line. I’m currently using a BB1 and having trouble with aiming left.

That’s what I’m looking for is getting the putter more square to the line. I’m currently using a BB1 and having trouble with aiming left.
If you can find some place to roll them first it would be best. That being said, it does work for me. I just think with the ball it is to busy looking down at but others have said it works great.

If you can find some place to roll them first it would be best. That being said, it does work for me. I just think with the ball it is to busy looking down at but others have said it works great.

I did roll the SL 10 and the Spider x at Dicks before everything shut down. They were my final two I was really torn between. I went in really wanting to like the Spider but the SL just gave me a better roll. Now I’m just debating about whether TT is worth it.

I did roll the SL 10 and the Spider x at Dicks before everything shut down. They were my final two I was really torn between. I went in really wanting to like the Spider but the SL just gave me a better roll. Now I’m just debating about whether TT is worth it.
If you don't mine the looks of it, then yes it is. It is a great aid.

If you don't mine the looks of it, then yes it is. It is a great aid.

Yeah, the look doesn’t bother me. Missing everything left on the other hand really bothers me!

Now this is what I like to hear! (y) My Ten S arrived today! ;) Made the first 4 putts on the putting mat. Could be a sign :LOL:
28 putts in my round today. 2 zero-putts and 4 one-putts, no three-putts. (y)

I don't have the TT and haven't tried it, but I find the long alignment line on the regular Ten really helps me get lined up straight. Roll them both before you buy if you can, see which one works better for your eye.

I'm a TT user but a single solid line works for me as well. In fact, on my older 2ball putters I have a solid black line the same width as the line on my ball on the putter and it has helped me deliver my head to the ball a bit more square. I initially saw this on ebay putters for sell then I noticed tour pro's had made this modification.

that said, any concerns I had about TT looks are gone. balls dropping in holes from 8ft when it matters has a way of changing opinions

Just found a real cheap Stroke Lab Ten S On eBay that I really just had to buy. 35” like new with headcover for $150. It’s like I would be remiss not to buy it. Can’t wait to try it out and see if I can hold more putts!

Anyone try one of these to give it the TT look? I was thinking of trying it with and without to see which I putt better with. I wasn’t sure if I would like TT so I went regular and would try this on it to get the TT effect to test. Figured for under $10 it can’t hurt to try it.

893bddcfbb5cfd5e8cc2ec9c61cd64a1.jpg

Anyone try one of these to give it the TT look? I was thinking of trying it with and without to see which I putt better with. I wasn’t sure if I would like TT so I went regular and would try this on it to get the TT effect to test. Figured for under $10 it can’t hurt to try it.

893bddcfbb5cfd5e8cc2ec9c61cd64a1.jpg
That is a nice inexpensive way to try it out!

That is a nice inexpensive way to try it out!

That’s what I thought. I feel like the TT might be too busy for me but want to at least give it a try.

I think the sticker would be a cheap way to test. When I look at the TT, the blue lines are as visible or more visible to me then the red. Clearly this is my eye. Will show the mod I made in a moment.

I think I like the white line on the black putter better then TT colors. Here is my mod to the TT

8897979F-F447-43C5-95D2-7A4B077A1098.jpeg

That is a triple track putter. I don't think they make a black in the 2 ball or I would likely have gone that direction based on looks. The stock model has a thin red line in the middle and the 2 blue you see on my putter. Before when I looked down I see three lines as equal. I took a simple piece of black electrical tape that was a bit wider then the original red and placed it over the red. Optics are now totally changed. the blue lines are in support of the bigger darker black line.

I think the blue lines could be added to any putter with blue electrical tape. once down, it is very hard to tell it is not paint yet you can remove it any time you want. my wife has one of those cutting boards to cut paper that I use to get clean cuts

0B256737-8DBD-443B-AACB-628A950243B4_1_201_a.jpeg2D1D1DC1-E27C-44BF-B1A9-2D2A978B10FF_1_105_c.jpeg

My Bird of Prey has arrived and got a fresh coat of paint. Also has the green Odyssey oversize grip to match better than the standard yellow

That thing looks nice! Great work, coming from a fellow green accent color guy. Curious what paint?
Thanks! It's Testors enamel paint. Few months ago I went through this extensive paint thread and then went and got the green (and blue from my other post) from Michael's. Then use a toothpick for wide areas and a sewing needle for fine detail areas, and then wipe/scrape off afterwards.

The specific color is Sublime Green.

I would love the black double wide with the White Hot Pro insert.

Tried several Stroke Lab putters over the winter (Tuttle, V-Line and Double Wide) and I much prefer the White Hot Pro insert in my old Black V-Line over the Stroke Lab insert or any of the other inserts that have come and gone.

Got my SL 10s out on the course today. It took a little getting used to since it arrived yesterday and I never hit a ball with it before the first green today. First couple holes I left my first putts woefully short but after I started getting a feel for the weight of the club I started putting much better. No 3 putts is always a good day. I’m excited to see how I putt next time once I get a little better acquainted with the feel of the club.

Back