Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Putters

Looking forward to having a shootout between the Black 7s and the Toulon Las Vegas. Love the #7 shape but want something firmer than the original microhinge insert.

Looking forward to having a shootout between the Black 7s and the Toulon Las Vegas. Love the #7 shape but want something firmer than the original microhinge insert.
Well then youll love the new insert. Its certainly more firm and gets the ball going with a little more force at impact. I prefer it myself over the O-works and several other Odyssey inserts.

Well then youll love the new insert. Its certainly more firm and gets the ball going with a little more force at impact. I prefer it myself over the O-works and several other Odyssey inserts.
I was a big fan of the insert from last year's Stroke Lab but it was still a little soft for my liking. This one does seem improved in that regard which could be huge for me. Last years was still the best putter I've ever used for lag putting and the firmer insert should help me with short putts.

I was a big fan of the insert from last year's Stroke Lab but it was still a little soft for my liking. This one does seem improved in that regard which could be huge for me. Last years was still the best putter I've ever used for lag putting and the firmer insert should help me with short putts.
My thoughts exactly. I used a heavier weighted putter all last year to assist in short putts but I think the new insert will do a better job than simply adding weight.

Reactions: KEV

I love the feel of it in the BoP and Ten but neither of those shapes suit my eye, I'll be in a #7 shape for a looooong time.

I think odyssey has really nailed the insert on this line. Been confined to the basement for putting, but the added firmness will really help me with distance control.

I love the feel of it in the BoP and Ten but neither of those shapes suit my eye, I'll be in a #7 shape for a looooong time.
Might I suggest the R-Line Arrow?! My first reaction was "woahhhhhh, that a big no from me. That thing is uglier than sin!"

Then i drained 8 in a row with it and never looked back....so take that with a grain of salt but this putter is the ti** :ROFLMAO:

I’m particularly excited about this putter. I picked this one up and immediately drained about 8 in a row and Luke Said it was the easiest fitting he’s ever done!

After getting a few swings in with the Arrow, Luke checked my alignment and attached a laser to theface...here’s the result. Not because I’m great but because this putter was so easy to aim!

View attachment 8923137

Bumping this for those who didnt get a chance to see my video review.

I am going to be very interested to hear about how the insert feels comparing to a Toulon milled putter.

I am going to be very interested to hear about how the insert feels comparing to a Toulon milled putter.

What part interests you? The feel? Sound?

Both, I usually like a softer feel of an insert. However, having played the Toulon 7 at the end of last year, I liked the sound and feel a bit more. I feel like I don't have to swing as hard.

The more I look at that double wide the more I’m feeling a need.

Since my tendency with the Stroke Lab Double Wide is to leave putts short the firmer insert may be just what the doctor ordered. My preference looks-wise would be for the 10 but I prefer putters that I can pick up the ball with so I don't have to bend over and I will not make a concession to my age by getting one of those pick-em up things for the grip end! I am also not sure that would work anyway with the weight in the butt of the Stroke Lab putters.

Since my tendency with the Stroke Lab Double Wide is to leave putts short the firmer insert may be just what the doctor ordered. My preference looks-wise would be for the 10 but I prefer putters that I can pick up the ball with so I don't have to bend over and I will not make a concession to my age by getting one of those pick-em up things for the grip end! I am also not sure that would work anyway with the weight in the butt of the Stroke Lab putters.
I think I know what to get you for Christmas :ROFLMAO:.

I really want one of those yellow grips! :love:

Those Lamkin Deep Etched are available in the garage. They are my favorite non-superstroke grips.

I might be in the market for a new putter and one of these would definitely fit the bag. Love the shapes and color of these. The Seven looks like something I would want to play. Time to go do some testing. :love:

That 7 with the rear shaft placement is odd... almost like they made it for Tommy Gainey.

Reminds me of the old Backstryke line.

I bought a Marxman last August and did OK with it but it's too long. I'd like to cut it down to 33". Any reason why I couldn't shorten it?

Those Lamkin Deep Etched are available in the garage. They are my favorite non-superstroke grips.
Thanks. They are listed on OdysseyGolf.com too in the accessories but show 3-4 week out on all colors except red IIRC.

Rossie Black F will arrive today. Too bad I don’t have it on my Tucson trip.

Ordered a weight kit to go heavier in my R-Line Arrow. I threw in the 20g weights which is 5g up from standard on both. So a total of 10g added weight and I didn’t think it would make that much of difference in feel but it definitely does!

Small sample of just puttingusing my mat in the basement tonight but I found I hit the ball with a lot more consistency. I’m really looking forward to trying this!

Bumping this for those who didnt get a chance to see my video review.
Glad you bumped it! The arrow on the RLine does make a lot of sense. Nice review.

Back