Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Putters

mikeg_74

2015 Grandaddy | 2019 Grandaddy AssCap
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
11ish
Odyssey is continuing the Stroke Lab Black putter line for 2020 by introducing five additional shapes to go along with the previously released Bird of Prey (BOP) and Black Ten putters. For those who might have missed it, THP staff writer @Jman broke down the technology associated with this new line and that review can be found on the THP home page via this link https://www.thehackersparadise.com/odyssey-ten-bird-prey-stroke-lab-black-putters-review/

New for 2020 are the R-Line Arrow, Rossie, Seven, One and Double Wide head shapes. Golfers love options and this line is no exception. The Double Wide and Rossie will come in a double bend or flow neck, while the Seven is available in either double bend or slant neck (S-Neck) option.

With these models Odyssey continues to offer the black PVD finish and coating that gives these putters a rich and premium look. You will also get the innovative, multi-material Stroke Lab shaft promoting consistency along with the new Microhinge Star Insert that creates a firm feel and enhanced sound at impact while maintaining the same roll characteristics of the Tour-proven White Hot Microhinge.

The Odyssey Stroke Lab Black putters are available 1/30/20 for $299.99

STROKE-LAB-BLACK-2020-CREATIVE-70111-600x600.jpg

Stroke-lab-family-hero- 9.jpg

These look ? ?! The Odyssey line just keeps getting better!

These look ? ?! The Odyssey line just keeps getting better!

these additional head shapes really compliment the line well. For people who could not do the BOP or Ten, these shapes (I’m looking at you Rossie) will make people happy.

Last edited:
I’m particularly excited about this putter. I picked this one up and immediately drained about 8 in a row and Luke Said it was the easiest fitting he’s ever done!

After getting a few swings in with the Arrow, Luke checked my alignment and attached a laser to theface...here’s the result. Not because I’m great but because this putter was so easy to aim!

D5013BB4-54BD-4092-8E38-640CD16446B7.jpeg

Last edited:
Paging @KEV

Some solid looking shapes there!

Some really nice looking shapes in this years lineup.

Also love me some stroke lab

I was looking at one time very seriously at the Double Wide model in the original release of Stroke Lab putters. Is the new Microhinge star insert the only difference from the original model?

There we go. I thought I saw these on a store shelf this week but couldn't find them online so I didn't mention it.

These look much better than the original Stroke Lab. What does confuse me though, is the entire line $300? Isn't that more than than the original Stroke Lab? Does PVD cost that much?

Edit:. Okay, the insert is different as well.

I was looking at one time very seriously at the Double Wide model in the original release of Stroke Lab putters. Is the new Microhinge star insert the only difference from the original model?

the homepage review breaks it down better than I can, but the finish and the insert will be difference from the Silver line.

Love, love, love these! I love my 10-s and I like the looks of the DoubleWide. I like my OG Strokelab DoubleWide but the all black looks slick!

Odyssey always seems to top what they had from the previous year.

ROSSIE WITH A FLOW NECK!!! Plus the firmer insert! I need to start finding things to sell to fund a purchase. I'm pumped they finally brought my favorite shape out with the flow neck that my putting stroke needs. Plus it seems to look fantastic.

There we go. I thought I saw these on a store shelf this week but couldn't find them online so I didn't mention it.

These look much better than the original Stroke Lab. What does confuse me though, is the entire line $300? Isn't that more than than the original Stroke Lab? Does PVD cost that much?

Edit:. Okay, the insert is different as well.
I believe it’s a $30 increase over what I bought mine for. I bought mine a few months back.

I like the look some of the shapes are nice some a bit to busy for my eye. I like the black though.

That’s a good looking line. I wonder if that finish holds up better on the spider?

I am not a fan of the yellow, but with that said I think these look great. Much better than the previous models. I could game one of these for sure!!

That R Line Arrow looks awesome, love the dark finish on all!

When I had my putter fitting time with Luke and Tony, they had asked us to pick a head shape that looked good to us, I grabbed a Ten (double bend) and started rolling it. I have always liked the shape of the #7, and currently had an EXO Indy, so was looking at a shape different than before. Interestingly enough, the Ten looks like a combination of the 7 and Indy.

When it was my turn, I moved over to where Luke was working and he watched as I rolled a few, then had me line up my club to the hole and used the laser to verify my alignment. Thankfully, it was pretty close. He offered a couple of things I could modify in my stroke that may help, which was super nice, since I hadn't even realized I had been doing it (lifting my head too soon). He had mine built 1* flat as well.

I had looked at the Triple Track puTTer, but I opted to stick with the non-TT version of the Ten. There's no doubt the technology works with the TT, but visually I just preferred the standard.

After about five rounds with it, this thing has been amazing. It's a very stable putter, and as I'm getting speed control honed in, I'm seeing more and more putts drop.

The 7 & 10 putters are really on my radar. Just have to go putt with both of them to decide before I order (y)

Do you see the face when you're putting? :unsure: Not sure why this would matter? :eek:

I see the face when I’m putting. An all black face would be great to have the only contrast being the site lines and the actuall ball itself.

Liking that new rossie, and of course as always the #7. Figured these were coming

I could see a Ten or a Double Wide in my bag once the prices come down.

Back