Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

They just called and I'm going to have my dad stop there on the way out to meet me for an after work 9!

Can't wait to hear how it works out for you!

They just called and I'm going to have my dad stop there on the way out to meet me for an after work 9!
What're you getting?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just a couple days away from 8 THPers having some more thoughts here, along with some thoughts directly from Callaway

I agree, the grips on the SL and the new Exos are garbage. Really poor quality paired with what is an otherwise great package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually like the bigger grip! I wouldn't go as far to say they are garbage. Maybe they aren't for you but garbage? I would disagree.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Compared the Tuttle and the Vegas today on the practice green. Footage coming soon but the Vegas shape is hotter than the Tuttle for sure. Both are very steady. Tuttle lines up nicely with the TT ERC ball. Just a great putter!

I actually like the bigger grip! I wouldn't go as far to say they are garbage. Maybe they aren't for you but garbage? I would disagree.

One man's trash (garbage) is another man's treasure.

Just a couple days away from 8 THPers having some more thoughts here, along with some thoughts directly from Callaway

Yep, I’m anxious to ask some questions and dispel the myths or misconceptions some seem to have. I’m cool with this not being the set up for everyone, but to dismiss the tech and how it helps golfers is a bit of a head scratcher for me.

I like a bigger grip, too, but I think the quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I’m anxious to ask some questions and dispel the myths or misconceptions some seem to have. I’m cool with this not being the set up for everyone, but to dismiss the tech and how it helps golfers is a bit of a head scratcher for me.

Who was dismissing it? What’d I miss?

(Twin duty!)

Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

(Twin duty!)

Not you, but go back and the usual suspect who makes a habit out of being a contrarian for contrarians sake.

Last edited:
Not you, but go back and the usual suspect who makes a habit out of being a contarían for contrarians sake.

D@mmit Dave @dazeedmonds.

(Twin duty!)
He's talking about me. I mean, did you expect anything else? Because I didn't fall in line and declare it the greatest thing since Jesus died on Calvary and I asked a bunch of questions about it (and prove him wrong at one point) I'm evil. No matter that I've acquired my own and am giving it a fair shake at the bag. I'm a meanie...

Being lefty is not being contrary!!!

No that’s just being special. Now go put your helmet back on before you fall and hurt yourself

No that’s just being special. Now go put your helmet back on before you fall and hurt yourself

That’s the best advice if heard all day!

He's talking about me. I mean, did you expect anything else? Because I didn't fall in line and declare it the greatest thing since Jesus died on Calvary and I asked a bunch of questions about it (and prove him wrong at one point) I'm evil. No matter that I've acquired my own and am giving it a fair shake at the bag. I'm a meanie...

I don't think it's that. It's just the overall way you come off through written word on here sometimes. You're allowed to not like stuff, hell I even didn't care much for the idea of Stroke lab either when it was first released and discussed, as documented in this thread and others. There is just a different way of going about it that comes off poorly to a lot of people. All good though, like what you like and definitely question anything you need or want to, just maybe re-read some stuff you're about to say sometimes and you won't end up with a potentially unwarranted persona. It's a natural reaction for people who are fans of something or believe in something to go defensive about products they like, but there isn't always a need to poke the bear.

I don't think it's that. It's just the overall way you come off through written word on here sometimes. You're allowed to not like stuff, hell I even didn't care much for the idea of Stroke lab either when it was first released and discussed, as documented in this thread and others. There is just a different way of going about it that comes off poorly to a lot of people. All good though, like what you like and definitely question anything you need or want to, just maybe re-read some stuff you're about to say sometimes and you won't end up with a potentially unwarranted persona. It's a natural reaction for people who are fans of something or believe in something to go defensive about products they like, but there isn't always a need to poke the bear.
... or people could avoid getting butthurt so easily. I mean, it's a forum where we're all, supposedly, friends. I've never met anyone from here I couldn't get along with. I've met one or, maybe two, that were standoffish, but I don't let that bother me. They made up their mind they didn't like me before they met me so I don't have time for shenanigans like that anyway.

... or people could avoid getting butthurt so easily. I mean, it's a forum where we're all, supposedly, friends. I've never met anyone from here I couldn't get along with. I've met one or, maybe two, that were standoffish, but I don't let that bother me. They made up their mind they didn't like me before they met me so I don't have time for shenanigans like that anyway.

Yea I mean you do you. Just food for thought.

Can't wait to hear how it works out for you!

My speed was good and I only had 1 3 putt on 9. I left a lot of my lag putts so close that 1 of the guys I played with picked up my ball and threw it to me a few times. I'm not a big fan of the pistol grip and it feels longer than 33.5"...I should check it next to my 34".

I was eyeing the 7S, but ended up getting a deal on a Marxman here. Happy with the way it turned out.

Back