Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

I can’t wait to get the V-line S I picked for the odyssey experience event. The current Red 7s I’m using is just so good, and I am very interested to see what stroke lab can do for me.

Rolling the DW more along with my other review putters and I absolutely STILL am struggling to describe the feel, not of the insert, but of the overall SL design/package.

Not as stable/boardy as the Stability shaft, flows freely, I adore it on long putts actually (I know that is where some in here seem to have varied experiences and opinions), and the fact of the matter regardless of how I try to describe it is that I believe it does work. I also see now why Odyssey is going all in on it and could see why it may become the standard for their putter releases here on in.

For the head, the DW is just a great blend for the guys who want the blade look in some fashion but need the higher MOI/forgiveness through the stroke. I'm not a bg 'bend' guy when it comes to hosel/shaft types, but its a good looking setup behind the ball. And again, the two tone finish here is quality, which makes me happy because the quality of some two tone finishes for Odyssey in the past (like Versa) has been....not great....at times.

Feel should make a lot of people who aren't big on "traditional" inserts happy as its a little more firm, good audible feedback to it.

Its a really fun setup, I wish mine wasn't Wardy length (hehe) but, its been fun to get a good feel for the overall design package going on here.

I have 8 rounds in now with the tuttle and 7 of them with a flat cat putter grip which I love. All on different greens, some really fast others decently fast. It is still a big change from my previous putter mostly in the weight of the head. It is much lighter, and that could be bad for some, but I think overall will be a good thing for me.

Short putts: after lipping out a couple short ones in the first round (I am talking 2' or less, but on fast greens) I made everything inside of 4' and most everything inside of 6'. The lighter weight has promoted a slower takeaway which I think keeps me from getting stabby and pulling putts left. Anecdotal, but in 7 rounds I like making everything.

Medium length putts, I made my share and left myself with a ton of tap ins. Was pretty pleased with that aspect.

Longer putts, I made a couple that I really had no business making and had more tap ins or short looks coming back than I would have expected. Think I had 4 3 putts for week and all were on long putts where I was either aggressively trying to make birdie or save par and ran it past by several feet. The feel of the club during the stroke and off the face is great, really like the white hot insert and think the lighter headweight makes it easier to control the face to where center contact is happening more consistently.

Lining up the tuttle is great, 3 lines and that shape is great for my eye.

Last edited:
Lining up the tuttle is great, 3 lines and that shape is great for my eye.

oh man, a tuttle behind a ball with triple track would be awesome

Took a few photos of these side by side: Strokelab DoubelWide and Toulon Strokelab Las Vegas H7! Feel is very similar off the face. Maybe the Vegas is a little hotter but super excited in the very similar feel because I absolutely love both of these putters! More feedback to come once I get to the course but this was from putting them side by side on my PuttOut matt. Absolutely in love with both putters!
d47b0482d4e88b791f2e43abf449a22a.jpg
82c4bb8e5feeeb662c259fba38b648a1.jpg
3cdf12c753d4f96fd9119cde43d41ec8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Took a few photos of these side by side: Strokelab DoubelWide and Toulon Strokelab Las Vegas H7! Feel is very similar off the face. Maybe the Vegas is a little hotter but super excited in the very similar feel because I absolutely love both of these putters! More feedback to come once I get to the course but this was from putting them side by side on my PuttOut matt. Absolutely in love with both putters!
d47b0482d4e88b791f2e43abf449a22a.jpg
82c4bb8e5feeeb662c259fba38b648a1.jpg
3cdf12c753d4f96fd9119cde43d41ec8.jpg

That's a great looking pair!

That's a great looking pair!
I don't think I have ever been so in love with two putters! I honestly will have a hard time picking between the two when going to the course!

Had a couple bombs drop today, and distance on these is still just perfect for me.

This will be the putter that stays in my bag for a long long long time I think. I love the shape, i love the feel, and it’s just the all around complete package for me.

Going to get some more time with the DW and the MLA today, anyone have any questions on the DW SL? I know the boys in here have done a killer job talking about the putters and the tech, but if there’s anything I can dive into or add, just let me know!

Still searching for a way to describe the SL shaft....haha!

Going to get some more time with the DW and the MLA today, anyone have any questions on the DW SL? I know the boys in here have done a killer job talking about the putters and the tech, but if there’s anything I can dive into or add, just let me know!

This has been my problem. I can’t put it into words. My dad and I played and he was asking me about it - I gave him the overview, and then just ended up handing it to him because I felt like that did a better job than I could with words.

Feel I’d say is “better” through the swing but I can’t articulate why.

I know you’ve touched on it a bit, but one of my favorite things I’ve noticed is the insert. I struggle to describe it other than “firm, yet soft”. As someone who has used a milled putter a lot, I found the transition to the SL insert easy.

Audibly it’s not as clicky as a traditional milled putter, but does have a distinct sound at impact imo that translates to what I’m feeling.

Last edited:
This has been my problem. I can’t put it into words. My dad and I played and he was asking me about it - I gave him the overview, and then just ended up handing it to him because I felt like that did a better job than I could with words.

Feel I’d say is “better” through the swing but I can’t articulate why.

Gotta be magic pixie dust. That’s what I’m going with.

I know you’ve touched on it a bit, but one of my favorite things I’ve noticed is the insert. I struggle to describe it other than “firm, yet soft”. As someone who has used a milled putter a lot, I found the transition to the SL insert easy.

Audibly it’s not as clicky as a traditional milled putter, but does have a distinct sound at impact imo that translates to what I’m feeling.

To me they were able to capture what is great about the original White Hot insert and mixed it almost perfectly with the Microhinge technology. It gives you the soft feel of the White Hot but provides a better roll and firms that feeling up a bit.

To me they were able to capture what is great about the original White Hot insert and mixed it almost perfectly with the Microhinge technology. It gives you the soft feel of the White Hot but provides a better roll and firms that feeling up a bit.

This matches my feelings pretty closely. A touch more firm than the white hot and a better roll, but still a good feeling for those of us crazy people that love inserts.

I haven’t played the white hot for any extended period of time, but I keep coming back to microhinge meets MXM.

Do you notice the shaft being significantly lighter than a typical putter shaft?

The Las Vegas H7 is a beautiful putter.

So anxious to get my putter and that might be the only thing I can do for a little bit is putt. I hurt my knee somehow and it seems to be getting worse by the day!

36 putts yesterday. It was a rough roung all together. Three 1 putts, but three 3 putts to offset them. One of the 3 putts was a legit 3 putt. It would have been a miraculous 2 putt
Hopefully, it was a fluke.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

rolled a few of these in the store. just trying to get more and more familiar before the grandaddy.

as much as i love my oworks 7s, i struggle with the sl 7s. but the toulon las vegas with double bend was working well. with my claw-ish grip, i don’t think the slimmer grip will work. the alignment ridge on the underside didn’t fit well into my right hand. still no idea what will work best for me. there are a bunch of shapes i think i could be the best for my stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rolled a few of these in the store. just trying to get more and more familiar before the grandaddy.

as much as i love my oworks 7s, i struggle with the sl 7s. but the toulon las vegas with double bend was working well. with my claw-ish grip, i don’t think the slimmer grip will work. the alignment ridge on the underside didn’t fit well into my right hand. still no idea what will work best for me. there are a bunch of shapes i think i could be the best for my stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have you tried the exo marxman s?

I’m trying to find faults and things I don’t like about it, as I like looking at a blade, but this thing is just lights out for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back