Odyssey Triple Track Putters

I’ll say this, I 100% that for this to work at its most optimal, it needs to be on the top line and not dropped down on the flange like the DW. It doesn’t mean it won’t help there, but that drop WILL play with peoples eyes.

That's one of the reason I didn't pick the DW. it was my second choice behind the #10. Its more of a personal preference for me that I need visualize the connection uninterrupted and the #10 worked better for me.

another thing I want to point out. my team can correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think there was a single guy who was fit for a puTTer but has decided it's not for them and they want to go back to an old putter. but I can tell you for sure there were a lot of guys apprehensive about these puTTers going into the presentation.

another thing I want to point out. my team can correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think there was a single guy who was fit for a puTTer but has decided it's not for them and they want to go back to an old putter. but I can tell you for sure there were a lot of guys apprehensive about these puTTers going into the presentation.
That is very true, I was not thinking about a puTTer at all, now having been home and played quite a few rounds with it, it will stay in the bag. I did put the Columbus back in the bag for one round but that was all and it came back out.

Yup - my initial first impression of it during the presentation was :unsure: :rolleyes: I'll stick with the #7.

I'm going to make so many ******* birdies this year with this.

I can't speak to the Exo insert, but it is quite a bit different than O-works. The evolution was O-works to Microhinge to Microhinge Star. And to me it's soft, soft/firm, firmer. The new insert is by no means firm, but it is definitely firmer than the last 2. And a lot of our guys who prefer milled putters say this is one of the best inserts they have felt. Personally I loved the softness of the O-works, and when I first tried the Microhinge in last year's putters I was hitting the putts too firm, but got accustomed to it quickly. This new insert didn't take any adjustment, and my distance control has been really good.

I correct myself, by O-works I actually meant the latest microhinge insert. So if I understand you it’s slightly firmer than the microhinge? That’s good. The microhinge is Uber soft IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With these reviews it's impossible to not go give this a try!! The help in alignment makes sense and putting is one of my weaker areas.

I can't speak to the Exo insert, but it is quite a bit different than O-works. The evolution was O-works to Microhinge to Microhinge Star. And to me it's soft, soft/firm, firmer. The new insert is by no means firm, but it is definitely firmer than the last 2. And a lot of our guys who prefer milled putters say this is one of the best inserts they have felt. Personally I loved the softness of the O-works, and when I first tried the Microhinge in last year's putters I was hitting the putts too firm, but got accustomed to it quickly. This new insert didn't take any adjustment, and my distance control has been really good.
Same. I love the O-works. Didn't care for the microhinge as much at first, but love it now. And the microhinge star is a bit firmer.

I correct myself, by O-works I actually meant the latest microhinge insert. So if I understand you it’s slightly firmer than the microhinge? That’s good. The microhinge is Uber soft IMO

i'll say if you thought the previous insert was "uber" soft, I don't think you'll perceive this mh* as a dead ringer for a milled putter. it might still be soft to you, but will be firmer than last year's.

i'll say if you thought the previous insert was "uber" soft, I don't think you'll perceive this mh* as a dead ringer for a milled putter. it might still be soft to you, but will be firmer than last year's.

Gotcha! I’ll give it a roll when they hit stores next week

For those curious on the MH star insert too, don’t forget there’s a review on the homepage with the BoP and Ten that had that insert. ;)

The Triple Track on the ball has improved my wife's alignment 100% tee to green*. I will definitely have her try the puTTers when they become available.

As for myself, even though I prefer sight dots and deep milled face putters, I will check these out too. Because putters and who knows the TT system on a putter might work well for me.

*Yes, I let her adjust the ball on the fairway. Tired of looking for balls in the woods far right of the target line.

Any reason In particular or just not a fan of the look?

If you knew, without a doubt, that by using the tech you be aligned correctly more often then would you consider giving it a try?
I was never a fan of the line alignment on the putter. I used a 2-Ball for quite awhile because it was simply line the ball up and go, "easier" per se. Finally after some rounds in the high 30s putt wise and not getting the right feel with microhinge I was recommended the Toulon Atlanta and haven't looked back. Yes it has the alignment line but it's simple and a mid-mallet which I like. Alignment I'm adequate, it's speed I have the problem(s) with putting.

McLovin said:
this isn't directed at @@CobraX51 or you, just a general thought. i'll pose this to you: if you knew, without a doubt, that gaming the MAVRIK Max irons would put you on the green more often than your Apex Pros, would you game them? i'm not sure I would.

to me, I think that's a little of what's going on here, and maybe even with another, um, "unconventional" putter release that dropped recently. there's a certain footprint and aesthetic people have grown accustomed to seeing. so when something different comes out, a lot of people just won't try it because it doesn't fit their ideal look/shape/etc.
It's a fair point on the more GIR. Luckily I don't have Apex Pros, but Apex Standard haha. But I get your point, you like irons that're nice on the eye, not a thick top line, it has to look good.

I just think the triple track on a putter is loud. Like I said I never tried Triple Track because that's just too much on the ball, devils advocate would be I did the Truvis for a few months but settled back on a regular white golf ball. TT works for a lot of people, if it's good enough for people on THP and Phil then it's good for anyone. I was just never keen on it.

The Triple Track on the ball has improved my wife's alignment 100% tee to green*. I will definitely have her try the puTTers when they become available.

As for myself, even though I prefer sight dots and deep milled face putters, I will check these out too. Because putters and who knows the TT system on a putter might work well for me.

*Yes, I let her adjust the ball on the fairway. Tired of looking for balls in the woods far right of the target line.
I make my HS girls use TT from tee to green because it works so well. Plus, with our rules they always get a grip length and to place the ball.

More firm than the Stroke Lab putters in 2018?

I am not sure if anyone here can answer, but any mention of a Callaway triple track ball marker? When I first switched to triple track, I played a few rounds using an American flag ball marker. I would roughly line it up with the stripes on attended line toward the hole. Then when I read the putt, I would note that the line was left or right of the stripes. It helped me get the ball replaced and on my intended line without much fiddling. I have seen someone place their Triple Track ball, see it is not on line, re-mark the ball to adjust and I can see where that irritates others. Any mark with a line works, but the flag worked the best for me. I have seen a company that makes some markers that mimic TT, but they are bigger than what I want.

What is more important on the green?

Alignment, reading of greens, speed/touch, squaring the putter/path?

I think this is definitely more than a training aide but still a training aide. A lot of things go into putting and no doubt if your alignment is on point you're making more putts.... unless you are so bad at alignment that it makes up for the poor green reading and the ball still goes in :cool:.

I see this more for mid-high caps than low and anyone on the tour.

I'd like to try it for something like 30 days on the course.

I think alignment and aim go hand in hand. I'll give you an above average green reader, but if he/she is not aimed properly and not aligned properly their reads are not good reads. They will play too much break bc they are in the wrong set up.

Now put this putter in their hands and at the very minimum it's proven to fix your aim which on some levels will help alignment. That same above average green reader will make more putts aimed/aligned properly than not imo.

What TT does is tough to grasp because it requires us to admit we aren't as good of a putter as we thought we were. It's eye opening when you line up as you think is "perfect", only to have a laser placed on the top of your putter to show you how off you really are.

This is a great conversation and the feedback from the guys has been excellent. The fact that they put this on the 2 Ball is probably the biggest thing attracting me to try this out. I was always a big fan of the 2 Ball alignment and I really wonder how much better it can be with the TT Technology working hand in hand. I'm really looking forward to more feedback from @Jman since he has one.

7EB535DD-FFB7-42DF-92C7-490A36A4B6C5.jpeg

How much more accurate are the 2 ball putters with TT than without?
Not sure how I’d be able to quantify that. I also don’t have a 2ball to compare.

I can say, I’m not a fan of the look of TT, but it does work, I believe that enough of hat I’ve got my girls HS team using them even though I don’t. With that, it can only make a good thing better, no? And make no mistake, the 2-ball is probably their most successful putter shape of all time.

Back