Odyssey White Hot Pro Putter Preview

ive had a few odysseys and the white hot insert is always what i end up with. works perfect for these dry fast greens here in the houston heat

First words from my first putt with the Whit Hot Pro were "holy s**t". The face on it is so soft compared to the Metal-X it's not even funny. I hit about 40/50 putts on the putting green and almost everyone of the was within 6 inchs of the hole. Couldn't believe hot easy it was to adjust to the softer insert. The WHP insert make almost no noise when struck and seems to start the ball rolling instantly. I did find during my round that i neede to be a little firmer with putts but i'm not sure was that the insert or the soft greens.

Anyway my initial thoughts are that me and this putter are gonna be a great partnership. Here are some pictures for you guys. Yup it was pouring rain but that wasn't gonna stop my getting out

DSC_1000_zps7eeaa6c8.jpg

DSC_1003_zps6924b931.jpg

DSC_1002_zps7638fd0b.jpg

DSC_1004_zpsd8263e6d.jpg

Kelly, love the putter grip and what dedication out in the rain, I love it!

Kelly, love the putter grip and what dedication out in the rain, I love it!

Regina choose the grip. Had to get out and play, i couldn't sit at home knowing they wanted to play

First words from my first putt with the Whit Hot Pro were "holy s**t". The face on it is so soft compared to the Metal-X it's not even funny. I hit about 40/50 putts on the putting green and almost everyone of the was within 6 inchs of the hole. Couldn't believe hot easy it was to adjust to the softer insert. The WHP insert make almost no noise when struck and seems to start the ball rolling instantly. I did find during my round that i neede to be a little firmer with putts but i'm not sure was that the insert or the soft greens.

Anyway my initial thoughts are that me and this putter are gonna be a great partnership. Here are some pictures for you guys. Yup it was pouring rain but that wasn't gonna stop my getting out

DSC_1000_zps7eeaa6c8.jpg

DSC_1003_zps6924b931.jpg

DSC_1002_zps7638fd0b.jpg

DSC_1004_zpsd8263e6d.jpg

Great initial thoughts bro. I am loving the grip Regina chose for you, and have to say that I am quite jealous of how nice your courses greens are right now. Just beautiful.

Great initial thoughts bro. I am loving the grip Regina chose for you, and have to say that I am quite jealous of how nice your courses greens are right now. Just beautiful.

LOL dude that's the putting green. The actual greens are even nicer. I'll show you some day

LOL dude that's the putting green. The actual greens are even nicer. I'll show you some day

Damn bro! We'll have to get out before your wedding.

Regina choose the grip. Had to get out and play, i couldn't sit at home knowing they wanted to play
She picked a good one!

So I've had my v-line for 2 months now. Got one unexpectedly r the day of release. Had 29 putts on Saturday which is 1 shy of my record low for a round. Love the way it lines up. Man if this came in the versa model to help keep the face square and kept the alignment aid it currently has it would be a match made in heaven. :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Got to the range today and was particularly looking forward to spending time on the putting green with the WHP 2ball. Started off at 10ft and hit 3 putts from N,S,E,W then move to 8,6 and 4 feet. The WHP seems to get the ball rolling online from the second it leaves the face. I really like the sound as well, it's not anyway loud or sharp. The sound of a putter face is really important to lots of people when making a purchase. The sound off the WHP face could be enough to sell this putter never mind how cool it looks.

The gun metal PVD finish is really nice, it makes the 2ball alignment aid stand out very well. I feel very comfortable with the 2ball already but then again that wouldn't be hard for me coming from only used 2 ball putters

Was feeling nostalgic and decided to roll some 2balls at GS yesterday. Rolled the WHP and the tour proto. Already know I love the milled face on the other, but I was really surprised at how comfortable I was distance wise with the WHP. I darn near walked out with one before I realized that I'd be sleeping in the truck if I came home with another putter. I'm trying to dedicate myself to just one putter this year, but dang it if those GS putting greens don't make it hard not to wander!

Could not be happier with the WHP 2 ball right now. Made some long putts today 2 @ 25ft and 1 @ 30ft. A lot of other putts were stone dead to the hole. The greens we played on today were pretty and i like fast greens. The sound from the WHP matches the feel from the face.

My putter and I did not make friends at the outing, but I have no doubt that I will get it dialed in quickly. Just did not make a thing all weekend.

The WHP 2-ball continues to impress everyday. Total was no different. I'm not someone who counts putts but prefers to focus on eliminating those round killing 3 putts. Today was a success in that department. In the short time i've had this putter my confidence has seriously grown on greens. I feel that i can certainly make any 10ft putts and put anything outside that within tap in range

last 2 rounds i've had with my white hot pro have been really good both had fast greens and i worked on a few things keeping my body more still when i was putting and boy has this thing given me a lot more confidence standing over the putt.... i'm finally really adjusted to the insert and the different feel than what i am used to with a milled putter. no 3 jacks in the last 2 rounds and although i havn't put myself in to many bad spots putting wise i just feel good standing over even the 5' par put that you really want to make cause you either left it short or went a little long. the other thing i was worried about was the smaller alignment line on mine but i've really havn't had any issues with that. even my misses are going where i think they should go. feels good to have that kind of confidence on the greens.

I have played a couple of rounds with my new putter and still have not found my groove with it. Not an alignment issue, I am hitting my lines just fine, it is a pace issue. I need to get it worked out soon because it is really frustrating me.

I have played a couple of rounds with my new putter and still have not found my groove with it. Not an alignment issue, I am hitting my lines just fine, it is a pace issue. I need to get it worked out soon because it is really frustrating me.

Are you short or long??

Are you short or long??

I am leaving long putts very short and putting short putts way past the hole. First time gaming a putter with an insert so I just need to spend a little more time with her to get used to it.

We can work on this. I'm not sure what you consider a long putt. For putts your leaving short stick a tee in the ground past the hole at a similar distance to how short you are. Focus on hitting the tee and merely letting the hole get in the way. This will help you get the feel of the distance you need to hit to.

The short putts that you are racing past the hole would be fixed with a similar process. Obviously you cant use a tee as it would get in the so either pick a spot on the putting green or use a sharpe to draw a mark on the putting green. It won't damage the grass and will get cut out anyway

We can work on this. I'm not sure what you consider a long putt. For putts your leaving short stick a tee in the ground past the hole at a similar distance to how short you are. Focus on hitting the tee and merely letting the hole get in the way. This will help you get the feel of the distance you need to hit to.

The short putts that you are racing past the hole would be fixed with a similar process. Obviously you cant use a tee as it would get in the so either pick a spot on the putting green or use a sharpe to draw a mark on the putting green. It won't damage the grass and will get cut out anyway

Thanks for the tip bro. I will give it a try.

i got the distance control dialed in really well with this putter today i rolled this so good. one of the best putting rounds i think i've ever had honestly... i had 3 lag putts that with tier adjustments that i could have easily 3 jacked today and 2 were tap in 2nd putts and one i left 5' which i made. walked away very impressed with my putting today best part of my game today for sure..... i think keeping one putter in the bag has really helped me get acustomed to the feel for this putter and the insert.... also really do enjoy the plumbers neck i think its something that i may keep in the future....

29 putts today with 14/18 GIR not to shabby!

Remember what I said earlier today...well forget it. I rolled this putter lights out tonight. 15 putts for 9 holes and that was with one 3 putt. I just totally missed on the first putt of that 3 putt and it came back at me. All in all I am feeling much better after tonights round. Finally started dropping putts from more than a foot.

Great rounds guys. Looks like the Whit Hot is starting to settle in nicely for both of you

DSC_1000_zps7eeaa6c8.jpg

DSC_1003_zps6924b931.jpg

DSC_1002_zps7638fd0b.jpg

DSC_1004_zpsd8263e6d.jpg

Hey 2ball the third. :)

How's this bad boy stack up to the granddad and junior?

Back